Author Topic: The Thirsty Mage - Fire Emblem: Three Houses  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Dlloyd82

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
The Thirsty Mage - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
« on: September 06, 2019, 06:16:13 AM »

The pub has waited long enough to discuss the first Fire Emblem on Switch.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/51639/the-thirsty-mage-fire-emblem-three-houses

It's been over a month since the release of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and it's been the topic of discussion at The Thirsty Mage ever since.

At the pub this episode is David Lloyd, Jordan Rudek, and first time patron and Fire Emblem fan: Matt Zawodniak.

Offline Wanderlei

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Thirsty Mage - Fire Emblem: Three Houses
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:36 AM »
I really like this podcast. I thought David Lloyd was a mad man trying to base a pod around games of such length. But every ep I have enjoyed, even ones on games I haven't played.

I hope Grandia 1/2 can make it in to a future ep. Grandia 2 is one my favorite jrpgs, it holds a lot of nostalgia from playing DC. Replaying today it holds up lot better than more older jrpgs, imo.

Offline Wanderlei

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 04:42:07 AM »
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance is exactly what a FE game should be, imo. Its the first one I played and I played it over so many times, its imprinted on me what FE should be. Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is almost as good but not quite. I played all the 3DS games, they are just ok to me. Too many of the changes broke 'proper' FE mechanics/systems.

Fire Emblem Three Houses at the start I thought it was a step back in the right direction of the GC/Wii games. But longer I played I found more things I didnt like as much. The monastery become very repetitive like Perona games. If they streamlined the entire month in to a week of gameplay it would have been better. The lack weapon triangle took away some strategy, even if they just nerfed it down a bit instead of complete removal.

Mostly just gripes but overall really good game I enjoyed my time with. I will go through other routes but not in continues play-through, it will be pick yup and play game in times of boredom.

Offline Dlloyd82

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 12:58:14 AM »
I really like this podcast. I thought David Lloyd was a mad man trying to base a pod around games of such length. But every ep I have enjoyed, even ones on games I haven't played.

Thanks!

Your feedback means a lot, I’m happy you’re enjoying the show. Grandia could potentially be a show, Neal and Casey both got a chance to review 1 and 2 respectively.