Author Topic: The Major League Baseball Thread: Did SI Swipe The 2025 Sports Almanac?  (Read 56398 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: The Major League Baseball Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 07:54:11 PM »
So yeah game 6 is starting of the ALCS.Yankees up 3-2 Do or die time for the Angels.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2009, 01:49:12 AM »
Man, I just have no interest in Phillies V Yanks.  Oh well, at least the Phils have a chance to prove they're true champs, its been almost a decade since a team has done so, with the last one being the Yanks.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 11:31:04 PM »
Well the Yankees lead 3-2. Phillys just won game 5. Hopefully they can win in 7.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 02:13:40 AM »
Alright, lets go Philly!

Although, I gotta say, that move my Damon stealing two bases on Sun was pretty sweeeeet.  I think I did that in little league once.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »
dude, again with the yankees
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2009, 11:53:35 PM »
Yeah Yankees just won.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline D_Average

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2009, 02:10:38 AM »
Oh well. Doubt they'll defend the title and prove to be real champs.

That said. Go Cubs go! 

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2009, 12:58:52 PM »
Yay Yankees!

While I don't think this team will have the firesale of the Florida Marlins, they'll be different next year as Matsui, Damon, and probably more won't be coming back.

Still, this is the first Yankees team 2001 that I've liked a lot. I've been a disheartened fan through the ridiculous and poor spending the past few years. They spent a crapton of money last year (and always), but they spent it on the right people. That's something that haters of the '90s Yankees don't geit; yes, they spent tons of money, but they got the right people.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 01:10:15 PM »
Always happy to see the Yankees win.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 08:42:02 PM »
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting excited for baseball season to start. I'm not sure why, because my Indians are going to be horrible this year, and in hockey, a sport which I like more than baseball, my Flyers are still very much in the hunt. I'm just in the mood for baseball, I guess; I bought MLB The Show when I was in GameStop picking up a Monster Hunter demo. Is anyone whose team is in better shape than Cleveland (basically everyone outside of Pittsburgh and D.C.) getting pumped?
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 09:33:36 PM »
I am pumped every season for baseball! I still need to put away a bit more money so I can get MLB.TV this season. I got it in the last two months of the season last year for $30 and loved it. I just put the game on one monitor and did what ever on my main one.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 11:36:44 PM »
I think my excitement for baseball will amp up considerably when these two things happen:

1) The season starts
2) I buy MLB The Show

If my fiancee didn't have my PS3 at her place as a Netflix player, I'd probably have bought it already.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 10:24:48 AM »
Once you get The Show we should play online. I read they really fixed up the online this year, and maybe if I can win a few online it'll take the sting out of the Indians' almost certain 100 loss season.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »
In regards to following the season I don't pay much attention to baseball.  My teams are the Jays and the Mariners and, ****, those teams aren't exactly contenders.  But every year I visit Seattle for a couple of days to check out some games with my dad, brother and a friend of mine and that's always a good time.  Baseball season means that trip is coming up so I always get pumped.  Hockey is the main sport I follow, but I see that as something to follow on TV (Canucks tickets are pricey) while baseball is something I see live.  I'd love it if MLB expanded and gave a team to Vancouver, even if they had to play in sterile old BC Place.  I'd be a regular attendee.  And there is an unequal amount of teams between the leagues.  The AL could use two more to balance things out.  *hint* *hint* MLB.

I've been thinking about what to do for vacation this year.  I like doing road trips but from Vancouver, south is really the only direction to go.  Too much middle-of-nowhere if you head east.  But I've done that road trip so to see California again, I would need something different to spice it up.  Well there are five baseball teams in California so I wonder if I could do a road trip to see a home game for each team.  My brother is interested but scheduling things might be hard.  Plus while Mariners games are very affordable I have no idea what sort of price teams like the Dodgers or Angels charge.  Those teams are, you know, GOOD.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 08:03:13 PM »
Once you get The Show we should play online. I read they really fixed up the online this year, and maybe if I can win a few online it'll take the sting out of the Indians' almost certain 100 loss season.

You can convince me to get it at PAX East. :)

I really don't see myself getting the Show until after PAX East anyway. I've got Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing almost finished for review, then Calling, Red Steel 2, and maybe Pokemon on the horizon. There's no time for games unrelated to NWR!
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 09:21:09 PM »
Mariners are very much contenders this year and will probably win their division. They made some great moves this offseason. They have the best starting two other than the Red Sox starting 3 pitchers.

Hernandez and Lee are going to be filthy in Safeco.

Now the Jays will probably be the worst in baseball this year.
~David~

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 09:44:53 PM »
No way, my Indians are going to be way worse. Sucks for a friend of mine, though, who is both an Indians fan and a Blue Jays fan.

I'm getting really in the mood to watch one of the Major League movies right now.

J.P. Corbran

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:20 PM »
I'm getting really in the mood to watch one of the Major League movies right now.

Dammit! You're tempting me too much!
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2010, 10:45:58 PM »
No way, my Indians are going to be way worse. Sucks for a friend of mine, though, who is both an Indians fan and a Blue Jays fan.

True, thanks by the way for V-Mart! He is AMAZING! When that trade happened I thought are the Indians stupid?
~David~

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »

True, thanks by the way for V-Mart! He is AMAZING! When that trade happened I thought are the Indians stupid?

Yeah, our GM, Mark Shapiro, isn't going to have the job much longer. Because he's being promoted to team president. That is not a joke.

Dammit! You're tempting me too much!

I couldn't resist, currently watching Major League 2. I love Bob Uecker; I'd consider listening to Brewers games just to hear him call them. I also fully intend to do in The Show 10 what I did in MLB 2K9, set up the custom soundtrack to play the song "Wild Thing" when I bring in my closer.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:10:21 PM by insanolord »

J.P. Corbran

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »
Tomorrow it is finally here!

OPENING DAY!
~David~

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »
After originally being predicted to lose almost 100 games, the Indians are now being picked by some to be as good as a .500 team. What's really going on is that it's such a young and inexperienced team that, despite showing some promise in Spring Training, it's hard to figure out what they're going to do. I'm going to stick with the motto of Cleveland sports fans and say we're going to be pretty good two or three years from now.

J.P. Corbran

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 12:35:18 AM »
I am resurrecting this thread to say

HELLO WORLD SERIES!

Tonight was the best night ever to be a Texas Rangers fan.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:25 AM »
When I was in 6th grade, I played on a little league baseball team with Michael Kirkman.  We won all but the championship game, pretty much just because of him.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »
I don't care about the Giants or the Rangers, so I have very little interest in the World Series this year. I guess I will root for the Rangers, only because I hate the Giants (I don't care either way about the Rangers).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20