Author Topic: Nintendo Downloads - May 30, 2013  (Read 2532 times)

Offline bluelander

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • My blog!
Nintendo Downloads - May 30, 2013
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »

Not one, but two Zelda games!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34393

We've got it all this week: time travel, weather control, bodysuits, robots, and demons. Break out that 3DS, because you're going to be saving the world for quite some time if you pick up both the the Oracle games. There's something for everyone this week. Hopefully Nintendo keeps this download momentum going!

3DS eShop Sales:

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons are both $4.99 (normally $5.99) until June 20.

Wii U eShop Sales:

Just Dance 4 - 30% off until June 4

Toki Tori 2 - 25% off until June 6

Ghosts 'N Goblins and Mega Man X are buy one, get one 50% off. Since Mega Man X is the more expensive of the two, you may want to grab Ghosts 'N Goblins first. This offer ends on June 6 at 9 a.m. PT.

3DS eShop Demos:

Project X Zone: Imperial Demo (Available June 4)

3DS eShop Games:

The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves - $11.99

We know what you want: bodysuits. Say no more, Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves is here! Venture forth to save the world with these cute, cuddly little men captured right from the radio waves filling your home. Despite it's goofy demeanor, this is not a game for the faint of heart.

Gummy Bears Mini Golf - $5.99

So, I know what you're thinking: "Why would a gummy bear play mini golf?" Well, there are lots of reasons. For one, he may have a hot date with a lady gummy bear. Or maybe he just likes to relax after a long day of watching his friends being eaten. See? Being a gummy bear is hard. I'll let you ponder that over the 30 holes, four environments, and five games modes featured here.

3DS Virtual Console:

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - $4.99

Still can't enough time travel in your Zelda games? Oracle of Ages is for you. Tear it up Back to the Future style in the land of Labrynna, and be sure to pick up the sister game, Oracle of Season, to unlock all the extra content the game has to offer.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $4.99

Time travel not your thing? Well then how about harnessing the power of nature to change the world at your fancy. Enter the dying world of Holodrum and put a stop to the evil forces once and for all with trees and leaves. Or your sword, that's pretty effective too.

Wii U Virtual Console:

Mega Man X - $7.99

Dr.Wily is so last century. Mega Man X broke the mold for Mega Man games, taking place hundreds of years after the death of Dr.Light. X, his final creation, is discovered and he's freaking awesome. Go smash some bad guys, get some new powers, and track down those missing armor pieces. You won't regret it.

Ghosts 'N Goblins - $4.99

If you've never thrown a controller in frustration and feel like you're missing out, then get up from the computer and buy this game immediately! In Sir Arthur's first adventure you'll find yourself fighting fits of rage as well as demons to save your girlfriend from the big blue furry hands of Satan himself.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Downloads - May 30, 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:47:12 PM »
Anyone else not seeing the X Zone demo on the eShop?  Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's not actually available.
NNID: ejamer

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »
It is available on Tuesday June 4 for some reason.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Leo13

• Score: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:03:32 PM »
I was curious about the Just Dance 4 price. I looked it up on Nintendo.com and it says $35 so is that normally $50 and 30% off to get to $35 or is it normally $35 and 30% off makes it $24.50?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 02:12:52 PM »
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's $35 on sale (so $50 normally).
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 02:47:45 PM »
Am I crazy, or wasn't there supposed to be some sort of discount for purchasing both Zeldas? Maybe that was Japan only. Or mere wishful thinking.

Edit: Ah, I see, they're on sale for a buck less each until the 20th. Like it said in article. I r smart.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:50:08 PM by noname2200 »

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:08:33 PM »
Will be getting both zeldas shortly.  It is directly due to the eShop's sales on both systems that I have been buying way more digital software.  I hope this is working well for Nintendo.
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 12:29:19 AM »
I believe Gamestop has Just Dance 4 for $20 right now.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »
Will be getting both zeldas shortly.  It is directly due to the eShop's sales on both systems that I have been buying way more digital software.  I hope this is working well for Nintendo.
me too
I'm a sucker for a sale
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
i just bought super metroid again, i had it on my wii menu, but not in my wii u menu.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
I picked up both Oracle games today and have played 'Ages' for about 2 hours or so. I'm enjoying it so far, although some of the music has been a little irritating. The game has started to open up a little and I now have the ability to activate portals between the different eras, which is pretty neat.
Gouge away.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 11:10:32 PM »
If anyone besides me was wondering - yes, the passwords from the GBC games work just fine in the VC version. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 11:01:15 AM »
I've never actually played the Oracle games, so I've been eagerly awaiting their release!
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 11:00:49 AM »
In 'Ages' I have just made it to the Crescent Island section. Changing equipment was already pretty tedious but having to go back to the shop every 5 minutes to swap out items is so incredibly boring. It's an absolutely terrible section of what has thus far been a pretty enjoyable game.
Gouge away.