Author Topic: Godzilla Dead Thread  (Read 9311 times)

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Godzilla Dead Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2014, 11:46:47 PM »
I want to register my protest now. Lolmonade changed his vote after 11:00, like the sneaky mafia bastard he is.

Shoot…I was hoping no-one would notice that…

For the record, I was logged-in on my phone at 10:58 PM, but I would cry foul at the NWR forum's pop-up ad banners added to mobile viewers, as I was mid-name change when I was suddenly re-directed to the home depot website, and had to start all over again.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:04 PM »
That's exactly why I'm in favor of those banners.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 12:01:11 AM »
When I host, even if I give a deadline, that thread is open for change until I've locked it.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 12:22:58 AM »
Agreed. I thought it was a generally accepted rule that votes counted until Thread Lock.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 12:33:01 AM »
That is how I played it. 

I mean basically, the host is giving a basic deadline.  HEY GET YOUR VOTES IN…and if the host is late…the host is late.  And honestly…I was really late.  So if you noticed some switching…you could you know, switched your vote.  I hadn't locked the thread.  I wouldn't have known.  Then you could have voted and tried to tie it up again. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2014, 12:33:36 AM »
PS:  Modding powers can now be revoked from me. 

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2014, 12:44:45 AM »
Agreed. I thought it was a generally accepted rule that votes counted until Thread Lock.

Before your time but early on when games were first played in the funhouse, hosts didn't have mod abilities to lock threads. Because of this, if the host gave a deadline of Midnight EST and your vote was 00:00:01 over that deadline time, the vote change didn't count and your previous vote stood. After all and having mods like Pale, S-U-P-E-R and Ty playing, someone asked or it occurred to the players that it might be useful to have them lock the thread at the day's deadline to prevent any over the deadline limit vote changes. Thus, even if there were cases where the thread was closed 2 minutes after deadline and someone changed their vote 00:00:01 seconds over the deadline, that vote wasn't counted even though the thread hadn't been locked.

However, later on, someone hosting just decided that the thread was open until locked and just tried to stick to locking the thread close to that deadline time. After awhile as other hosts sometimes logged on late to lock a thread, it just became the easier and defacto way to consider a thread and all vote changes made in it as valid until locked. That is the way it is mainly viewed unless someone isn't happy with the result and wants to argue it. Which is usually going to be Stevey blaming the back-stabbing, cheating, after-deadline-vote-changing mafia doctors and vote cancellers for breaking the rules and thus voiding their win. You might even get a vendetta thrown in for good measure if you are lucky. (I've been very lucky).

That is a little 101 Mafia History for you. All the details a host has to mention.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.