Author Topic: Godzilla Day 2  (Read 10639 times)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Godzilla Day 2
« on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:31 PM »
A large quake split into the island, and a sudden blast in the generator chambers.

Quickly get some men to secure the area.  we have to lock down the energy cells and prep them for relocation at site B.

The EDF soldiers executed their orders flawlessly.  The energy cells and personal and crew were evacuated.  The entire operation took less than an hour.  Luckily there were plenty of transport vehicles on the island.

"Sir the computers say there is still one civilian on the base."
"Quickly soldier find him and get him off this island, we are going to skeleton crew only."

The soldier found the man staring into the generator chambers. 

"You have to come with me now."

"No, we can't leave them here.  They're dangerous.  We must kill them.  This experiment must end."

"Those aren't my order.  You are coming with me now."

"I don't think so."

Just then another quake tore into the island.  The EDF building was in two.  The explosions were everywhere.

"We have to leave now…the island is about to blow."

"I don't think that is island sir."

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The walls to the energy chambers gone.  In the rumble were two dead humans.  A Soldier following his orders, and a civilian activist trying to end the monsters before it was too late.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:34:21 AM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Godzilla Day 2
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
Announcement:  Today I will lose the polls an hour later…so 11pm EST time…I hope that will help participation

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »
So given the lack of leads we have right now I would like to point out that khush has basically proven himself to be dangerous to the townies no matter what role he's in. I have to just say that khush is too much of a liability to be allowed to remain alive.

However stratos successfully started two bandwagons and both targets are dead. I will keep an eye on him but I will need time to think this over... for now some food for thought

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 12:46:48 AM »

Land sakes alive and sweet Georgia Brown! I am so bloody snake bitten in this game, it is incredible! I can't even have a throwaway/joke vote without it doing significant damage! I just, the frustration, it's just.... words fail me right now. Just bloody unbelievable. Pokepal is right. I've become a bigger hinderance to the townies of late than I ever expected and it is just getting to ridiculous levels now.

Honestly, I wouldn't stop a vote out of me at this point. Considering the amount of people who haven't even shown up to play yet, you could probably kill me and still be ok to refocus on everyone else before they show up. And that's another thing. The three of us, Pokepal, Stratos and myself are probably all townies but because we dared to show up on day 1 and attempt to play, we all look guilty because we are the only people who have any type of evidence against us now. Where do you go if you target someone else? Pretty much all players are missing. It's just random guesswork right now and I don't want to take another stab at it because random guesswork has been getting me into some awful messes of late which is probably the game balancing itself after all the times I got lucky from random votes.

I abstain until there is a real reason to vote and to keep from shooting myself in the foot anymore.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 06:53:45 AM »
I really didn't have anything to contribute yesterday. Day one votes are just guess work, so I opted to withhold my vote until I had something to work with. Based on yesterday's machinations I have the following observations.

Stratos votes Stevey
pokepal148 votes Mop it Up
pokepal148 then quickly changes their vote to Stevey

This could be a bit of misdirection, a ploy to obfuscate what might be an attempt to channel votes towards a townie.

That's one possibility. Another is that not enough people have shown up yet for us to find our bearings, which always put's the mafia at an advantage.

I actually think the latter is the more likely and that we're simply fumbling in the dark at the moment, but as I have nothing else to work with I'll stick with my gut and, for the time being at least, vote pokepal148.

I should also remind people that I was right about Spak-Spang in the last game (although my reasoning was flawed) and got killed for my troubles.
Gouge away.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 07:37:58 AM »
My 'quick' change was because of how long I had the new post window open in that tab. Basically that post was written 3 hours before it was actually posted. It was also just a placeholder vote before I could get more to go by (which basically happened immediately after I made my post (stevey what the heck were you doing)

But to counter these accusations being leveled against me I have no choiçe but to vote stratos

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:05 AM »
Hi all.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to play last night.  My son decided to jump out of his crib and break his wrist, sending us to the hospital for most of the night.  Tried to log-on from the hospital, but by the time I tried to, NWR's forums refused to recognize my password to log-in. 

I'll have some free time tonight to play.  I'll reserve voting until I've had a chance to look over yesterday's votes.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:59 AM »
A likely story. Vote lolmonade.

Just kidding. I hope your son's feeling better.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »
I had no desire to kill off two people. I was going to change my vote but I wanted to find a way to save Mop it up because I didn't want her to die because of our ritual joke vote of each other (since someone ALWAYS joins our joke vote against one or the other). Now I feel like the jerk instead of her apologizing to me for getting me killed.

Also, I was getting off of work right at the end of the day so I have to deal with passing on information and final details before I left. No time to play this game. The later end time will be better for this in the future.

Persecute me if you will but I stand my ground.

Vote Pokepal in self defence. I am willing to change my vote
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »
A likely story. Vote lolmonade.

Just kidding. I hope your son's feeling better.

Appreciate the well-wishes.  He's a tough little guy, and seems like he's more agitated from having a sling restricting him than anything.

Fortunately, I'll be able to join the fray tonight, assuming he doesn't decide he wants a matching right-wrist.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:02 PM »
Just quickly mention my thoughts at the moment. Looking over the game a bit last night before bed, right now, I really think everyone who voted/participated yesterday is a townie. Considering the way the vote went, there was no need for the mafia to interfere as we took out two townies for them and now all 3 of us look suspicious. I'm willing to give a pass at the moment on Stratos and Pokepal.

These days, it is probably a valid mafia strategy to not make a first day hit as there are always people missing thus making for an easy frame up against a missing purpose. Plus, Godzilla can save up hits which could mean he is active and do just that and the mafia can use other powers instead of a hit. Of course, it could be that both Godzilla and the mafia or at least the godfather were inactive and so didn't send in any hits.

Last game, I resisted going after inactive players when many people wanted to target Lucariofan99 to my detriment. And even though I realize that there are other possibilities for the abscence of hits, I'm going to go with pretty much the only good lead so far in this game and target one of those players. I'd target Nickmitch again but I'd feel like too much of a heel after doing it day 1 last game and although it has happened before, the odds that Glad0s is godfather for the second game in a row are rather high (but he could be Godzilla) thus I'll target jrlibrarian as the vote I can most live with of the three.

un-Vote Jrlibrarian

It goes without saying that my voting has been atrocious of late so I don't expect people to jump up and readily accept this choice for a vote. If you would prefer to target one of the other 2 inactive players or someone else of your choice, I understand. After all, I'm admitting that this is just another stab in the dark for me. But with the remaining players numbering 9 total and with there being 3 mafia and 1 killer, it is almost 50/50 odds that a guilty party could be targetted today. I'd caution everyone not to vote based on emotion. That ruined me last game and by trying to help stevey out and now maybe avoiding Nickmitch as my first vote choice against the inactive, I fear it may ruin me again.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:57:07 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 04:38:07 PM »
I realize it's a bit early to out myself in this form but I feel it is now time to reveal my role as the detective. I have two reasons for this but first a bit of background.... On day 0 I decided to investigate khush just as a matter of common sense getting that out of the way. Khush turned out to be Mafia (specifically the vote changer (I actually got that PM popup right as I was finishing reading his little sob story about how he was busy and he wasn't mafia so hilarity ensued.))

(that first post was written out 4 hours before it was posted (and before i got my results for khush) hence it's immediate withdrawal)

My immediate reaction was to try to investigate someone and find an innocent (or better yet, the soldier). Course now the soldier is dead and I ended up finding out that stratos is Godzilla. At this point however I am at a point where the best course of action is to out myself as detective and risk the mafia's wrath in order to prevent stratos from reaching the point of being able to kill 3 people in one turn.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 05:34:52 PM »
It's clearly Khush.

It's almost always Khush.

un-vote Khush
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:02:14 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 05:43:28 PM »
Vote..Godzilla?

Actually though, it turns out that MLKJr.Day is super busy for restaurants, especially when the kitchen goes to hell and we almost fire someone on the spot for messing everything up. By the time I got home, today's thread had already been opened.

I can assure you I'm a townie, don't worry.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:36:17 PM by jrlibrarian »
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 05:46:52 PM »
I believe the better target is stratos. Tomorrow if I'm counting correctly is when he will have stacked 3 kills which could risk everything

Also this may be the most bold gambit I've ever made
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 05:48:30 PM by pokepal148 »

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
Let's make this interesting for a moment. un-Vote Pokepal148
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:05:26 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
Khush you know that you're dead even if I die first. Seriously what kind of team player are you trying to be.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »
I still haven't had the chance to do any real investigation.  I don't know if I want to pile-on to Pokepal though.  Vote Stratos for the time being while I gather my bearings and catch-up on yesterday's thread.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 07:59:30 PM »
Since we had a tie yesterday, I would like to clarify my rules on ties.

Ties will not be broken by tie votes.  Instead, I gave both sides characters that could manipulate the vote.  Unfortunately for the townies that role is gone. 

So if there is a tie, there will be no tie runoff vote.  Instead both players will die.  It also means that powers can be used to create a tie after hours with night actions. 

You should vote wisely townies and do not give any advantage to be had with vote manipulation.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »
vote Stratos

How's that for interesting, Khushrenada?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »
I'm open for any questions people may have

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
vote Stratos

How's that for interesting, Khushrenada?

Not very unfortunately. I was going to change it after making Pokepal sweat a bit for investigating me but you've ruined that fun.

un-Vote Stratos. I had it right in my first vote in the game. Guess I still got it after all.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:54:34 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 08:21:56 PM »
Hi all.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to play last night.  My son decided to jump out of his crib and break his wrist, sending us to the hospital for most of the night.  Tried to log-on from the hospital, but by the time I tried to, NWR's forums refused to recognize my password to log-in. 

I'll have some free time tonight to play.  I'll reserve voting until I've had a chance to look over yesterday's votes.

If my wife saw me trying to log in at the hospital she would have killed me.  Family first…Family first…but at least if she tried to kill you, you were already at the hospital.

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »
Hi all.

If my wife saw me trying to log in at the hospital she would have killed me.  Family first…Family first…but at least if she tried to kill you, you were already at the hospital.

He was asleep in my arms as we were in the hospital waiting for someone to put a sling on….you always forget how much idle time you have at a hospital until you're forced to go to one.

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 08:28:41 PM »
Khush can cancel 2 votes so we need 3 or more as a majority when the time comes to vote against him. If they both make it out alive it is in all likelyhood that the townies are finished. As soon as we are done with this Khush is the highest priority... also there are two people who may be subject to inactivity rules. If I am not with you tommorow morning I hope for you all to stay vigilant. Farewell and Godspeed.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 09:23:08 PM »
Inactivity rule will not take effect until the end of day 4. 

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 09:35:41 PM »
Why not.

Vote Stratos
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 09:36:05 PM »
I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to hide, I just haven't really had anything to contribute so far. My generally quiet style tends to get me killed. I guess I'll Vote Stratos, although I'm not really sure I trust Pokepal.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 10:01:14 PM »
Ok, You have one extended hour. 
So one more hour and voting ends. 

Remember no tie breakers this game…and then night actions.

So far the vote is:

Stratos 6
Pokepal148: 2
Khushrenda: 0  (Where is Stevey's vote)
Spak-Spang: 0

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 10:05:25 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 10:47:57 PM »
Dag yo. What can a guy do? Anyone willing to throw me a bone?
My Game Collection

Offline stevey

• Young HAWNESS
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »
On behalf of underrepresented forumers, I petition a nonbinding resolution to vote Khush
My Demands and Declarations:
nVidia is CRAP!!!
BOYCOTT Digest mode and LEGEND OF OO!

Your PM box will be spammed with Girl Link porn! NO EXCEPTION!
Wii want WaveBirds

Stevey Duff
NWR HAWTNESS Inspector
NWR Staff All Powerful Satin!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2014, 10:57:54 PM »
Dag yo. What can a guy do? Anyone willing to throw me a bone?

Well, since you asked so nicely, Vote Pokepal148

Everyone deserves some love. Even Godzilla.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 10:59:58 PM »
Polls are closed in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2014, 11:01:43 PM »
ZERO!!!
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »
Current Tally:

Stratos: 5
Pokepal148 3

I am Triple Checking Now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 11:07:30 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
Better count again. I count 3 and 6. (Pokepal 3, Strat 6).
My Game Collection

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2014, 11:17:48 PM »