Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537891 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2009, 03:00:44 PM »
Agree with the Crank 2 scores. I never saw the first one until literally the day part 2 came out. I went out, bought the DVD and watched it, then headed off to the theatre to watch the sequel. It was pretty fucking awesome. Favorite moments: Full body turrets

Full body turrets after the nunchuck fight, now that part got me.

tonites movie is Dance Flick (with the wayans).

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »
Giants in low budget props = kaiju

You do now. :)

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2009, 03:44:21 PM »
Daikaiju: the lost art of giant rubber-suit monsters fighting each other.

Kaiju: Giant rubber-suit monsters.

Notable franchises: Ultraman, Power Rangers (which is basically Ultraman), Godzilla, Gamera, the 1980's version of King Kong.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2009, 03:50:32 PM »
So you're saying that I was right in my description?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2009, 04:01:16 PM »
Yes, but there is no Ultraman scene in the movie. It's its own awesome kaiju scene, and we're just telling you that there is a proper name, and now you know and knowing is half the battle GI JOE!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:03:29 PM by Caliban »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2009, 04:46:57 PM »
Thanks for the clarification, but I didn't literally mean Ultraman was in the movie, and I think everyone would know what I was talking about when they saw it, but now I think we both know where we were coming from now. Go Joe!!!

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2009, 11:40:59 PM »
Run Fat Boy Run 8/10  Wasn't at all as bad as everyone said it would be, not as good as Shawn of the Dead, or Hot Fuzz, but this isn't an Edgar Wright movie is it?

edit: after checking Rottentomatoes it seems clear, all the negative reviews seem to be a form of anti-schwimmertism. They seem to not hate the movie on its merit, but rather because David Schwimmer directed it. It wasn't hysterical, but i didn't think it was mediocre either. I thought some parts were quite sweet.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:46:29 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2009, 12:30:53 AM »
Run Fat Boy Run 8/10  Wasn't at all as bad as everyone said it would be, not as good as Shawn of the Dead, or Hot Fuzz, but this isn't an Edgar Wright movie is it?

edit: after checking Rottentomatoes it seems clear, all the negative reviews seem to be a form of anti-schwimmertism. They seem to not hate the movie on its merit, but rather because David Schwimmer directed it. It wasn't hysterical, but i didn't think it was mediocre either. I thought some parts were quite sweet.

It didn't suck, it was just nothing special.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2009, 05:24:45 AM »
Crank 2 Much sillier than the first one, it crosses the line really. It's about as nutritious as cotton candy. One and a Half Stars

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2009, 11:11:09 AM »
Extract: 6/10

The score seems a little harsh, in this day and age where 7's and 8's are given to mediocre games, but I don't mean it to be. Extract was an enjoyable movie, but very average IMO. All the characters were great, good performences all around, but the one thing that bothered me was that Mila Kunis' character not only had a much smaller role (weighed in screen time) than I expected, but by the end of the film felt like an afterthought in the storyline. The main plot could've done without her, or at least relagated her a more important part in a subplot or such. Be warned though, if you can't stand it when a movie ties up EVERYTHING in a nice little package.. then this one isnt for you.

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
I have a love hate relationship with Mila Kunis.
On one hand she is beautiful, i love her face, her body is cool, and her acting is good enough.
On the other hand, I can't stand her voice. Voicing Meg for Family Guy has made her voice irritating since that's what Meg is. Everytime she opens her mouth, all I hear is Meg whining about something, then I just picture something messed up happneing to her just to shut her up.

I really want to like all of Mila, but Meg just stands out too much.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:50 PM »
I have a love hate relationship with Mila Kunis.
On one hand she is beautiful, i love her face, her body is cool, and her acting is good enough.
On the other hand, I can't stand her voice. Voicing Meg for Family Guy has made her voice irritating since that's what Meg is. Everytime she opens her mouth, all I hear is Meg whining about something, then I just picture something messed up happneing to her just to shut her up.

I really want to like all of Mila, but Meg just stands out too much.

I felt that way until I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall. She was really good in that, and not once did I think of Meg and became annoyed. Because she has surprisingly little screen time, i'm sure she wont bug you much in Extract.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #362 on: September 12, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
Mila Kunis is gorgeous, and I say that after being totally unimpressed with her in That 70's Show, which poisoned the waters for me in regards to ANY of those cast members. But just like EasyCure, after Sarah Marshall, I was all about that girl.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 12, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
I've seen sarah marshall, and she is good in that. She doesn't really get that loud, so the Meg in her doesn't come clawing at my ears. But the last movie I saw with her in it was Max Payne a few weeks ago. She was looking good, but I kept hearing Meg. Maybe it was because I wasn't really into the movie (i never did watch the last 20 minutes).

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 13, 2009, 01:14:22 AM »
Resident Evil Degeneration - 6/10
I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who isn't a (big) fan of the video games, or at least who hasn't played through the Umbrella Chronicles-era games. I will say that the G-Virus mutant is completely badass, however. The movie would have made for an awesome game, and due to it being actually based on the games, I'd have to say it's easily still the best Resident Evil movie.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 13, 2009, 03:17:22 AM »
Lawrence of Arabia British office T.E. Lawrence is traveling in the desert. It is dry. Very dry. A long and difficult journey. I speak of the movie, not the desert. Heyooo! Three Stars.

Online ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 13, 2009, 05:36:11 AM »
When i hear Meg i think of Jackie from That 70s Show, not the other way around. On the other hand the constant verbal abuse of Meg is hilarious, I had an ex named Meg..hhehehehehe Come to think of it my ex resembles Meg too
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 13, 2009, 05:41:06 AM »
When i hear Meg i think of Jackie from That 70s Show, not the other way around. On the other hand the constant verbal abuse of Meg is hilarious, I had an ex named Meg..hhehehehehe Come to think of it my ex resembles Meg too

Kinda boyish and unattractive?

p.s. I never really watched that 70's show.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 13, 2009, 04:39:41 PM »
Shane Shane gets pulled back into fighting and shooting. Four stars

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 13, 2009, 06:00:38 PM »
Monty Python's Life of Brian Not as consistent as Holy Grail but has some really funny parts and a great ending. 32/40
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 14, 2009, 02:23:39 AM »
Gone With the Wind A spoiled brat ruins the lives of three husbands. Also, the Civil War. Four Stars.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 14, 2009, 04:45:46 AM »
Dance Flick - L/LOL

This movie start off pretty funny but quickly turns to stupid, then back to stupid funny, then back to just stupid, then ends on stupid funny again. Problem is that it rest on the side of just stupid for far too long in the movie, but a mood enhancer might have changed my whole outlook on the movie. A good watch for when you are with people that like to laugh and their laugh makes you laugh.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 14, 2009, 07:54:20 AM »
Dorian Gray. 6/10. It perfectly recaptured the World War 2 theme and art style, but that story was just weird. It didn't seem to grab me with what it was trying to do.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 14, 2009, 10:41:23 AM »
Mila Kunis is gorgeous, and I say that after being totally unimpressed with her in That 70's Show, which poisoned the waters for me in regards to ANY of those cast members. But just like EasyCure, after Sarah Marshall, I was all about that girl.

^Same way regarding that 70s show, thats why I can't stand seeing Ashton Kutcher as anything but Michael Kelso; he's just not good at NOT being a 'tard.

I've seen sarah marshall, and she is good in that. She doesn't really get that loud, so the Meg in her doesn't come clawing at my ears.

There is one scene.. but instead of cringing at "Meg's" voice, I actually laugh at it.. After she jumps off the cliff into the ocean, and Peter (or whatever his name is. Oh god, did the voice of meg really have to have a character named Peter in the movie?) is just standing there. There's a line she has, while off camera, where she shouts "I can see your hoo-ha" or something along those lines, and its totally Meg Griffin coming out. I find it funny though, not sure why!

Dance Flick - L/LOL

A good watch for when you are with people that like to laugh and their laugh makes you laugh.

So I should just call Seth Rogen over than?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #374 on: September 14, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »
As far as Mila Kunis goes, That 70s Show gave me my first impression of her, so that's what stuck.  I've been doing a good job of actively disconnecting her voice from her, so the Meg effect doesn't happen.

Also, anyone see 9 yet? I heard it was win.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.