Author Topic: The Fast Food Thread - Would You Like Posts With That?  (Read 210510 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Your #1 meal at Fast Food Restaurants
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
I don't eat there (often) but sometime a last minute pull in to the drive thru based on something you remember seeing from a commercial but only because you were starving and can't seem to wait an extra 20 minutes to get it done right and definitely don't want to go home and take the time to do it yourself can't be avoided.

Laziness and impatience often wins the battle, but blatantly false advertising is still false advertising, and I doubt they can even walk into a single 1 of their 1000's of restaurants and find one that prepares food that looks anything close to the commercial.

But like I said, Jack N The Box in the WORST offender according to those pics and my real life experience. I've been eating at JnB for 2 decades and have NEVER and I mean NEVER seen a taco that looked like anything other than the "actual" photo. I was confused when I first saw ads for their new tacos only to realize it was the same tacos as before with new advertising pics.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2012, 04:57:36 AM »
Secret Menu Items
http://blog.couponsherpa.com/secret-restaurant-menus-revealed/

Have any of you tried them?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2012, 10:36:12 AM »
Frito Pie and Grilled Ham and Cheese from Sonic, McLeprichon from McDonalds, Side of Crumbs from Long John Silvers, and Cheesy Gordita Crunch and Chili Cheese Burrito from Taco Bell.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2012, 11:58:41 AM »
Secret Menu Items
http://blog.couponsherpa.com/secret-restaurant-menus-revealed/

Have any of you tried them?

Peanut Buster Parfait - This is a multi level sundae combining fudge, vanilla soft serve, and peanuts.
[size=78%][/size]

Isn't this just a regular menu item? i get this whenever i go to DQ (btw that would also be my answer)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »
Some of those may be regular items or some sort of test/special promotion on the menu in certain regions at some point in the past. For everyone else, they are the secret menu items that we didn't know we could and didn't think to order.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »
Rodeo Burger from BK is all I ever get. It use to be a dollar back in the dizzay (like the double cheese before it got down-sized and the chicken sandwich...the real chicken sandwich).

BK use to serve tacos too. Yeah...they did. 2 for a buck. But since then, BK has been fucking up royally and I haven't eaten there in years. They keep changing **** that doesn't need to be changed.

Whenever I was on the road and needed something drive-thru, that was my spot. Now it's Carl's Jr., Taco Bell or KFC.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:16 PM »
Some of those may be regular items or some sort of test/special promotion on the menu in certain regions at some point in the past. For everyone else, they are the secret menu items that we didn't know we could and didn't think to order.

weird, that's been on the menu for as long as i can remember

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
The new steakhouse burger at Carl's Jr. makes my pants a little tighter.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2012, 11:13:18 PM »
I tried to order a Monster Mac earlier today...... That had no idea what I was talking about.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »
How is the Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich at Arby's "secret"? I know they at least used to have it on their menu, not sure if they still do. Same with Rodeo Burger, it's still on the actual menu (at least the BK's I go to). I don't get the Rodeo Burger because the damn thing is smaller than a kids meal burger.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2012, 11:41:01 PM »
I don't get the Rodeo Burger because the damn thing is smaller than a kids meal burger.

It didn't use to be.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 16, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »
I tried
I tried to order a Monster Mac earlier today...... That had no idea what I was talking about.
I tried Poutine at KFC and that didn't work.  Though this is the same KFC that didn't know about the Famous Bacon  Bowl when they were doing the national promotion for it and had the reduce price.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 16, 2012, 03:25:54 PM »
Wendy's used to sell Tacos too. The Wendy's closest to my house (at the time) had an all you can eat Taco Bar.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2013, 10:53:29 PM »
This is why Subway sucks and I never eat there (as I might have stated somewhere earlier in this thread)
http://www.brandeating.com/2013/08/news-subway-new-applewood-pulled-pork.html

Promo Shot of new sandwich

Actual photos of new sandwich

what happened to the sandwich in the promo picture? where is all the fucking meat?

Did I ever tell the story of the time I went to subway and asked for the sandwich in the picture at the price next to the picture...?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2013, 12:41:24 PM »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
Subway: such a fucking rip off. Where is the freaking meat? If I wanted to have a salad sub, I would have ordered that. where is my meat? False advertising at it's worse.
me - "I want the sandwich in the picture"
them - "This is the sandwich in the picture"
me - "where is all the meat?"
them - "you have to order extra meat for it to be like that"
me - "...." walks out and goes to quiznos.

Looks like I've brought up my Subway dissatisfaction before, just maybe not in detail.

haha... hey BnM you need to make sure you give the people working at Wendy's **** for not salting them. They have a big salt shaker for doing that, by the end of the day the fry station is Briney. Also, what time do you normally go? Best time is noon and 5pm, thats just when everything runs the smoothest. If you get there at 2 or 3 make sure they give you fresh stuff.

&  maybe that was the problem with my return trip to Wendy's. time of day.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:01 PM »
Subway is horrible anyway. I used to eat there a lot when I was a kid, now I can barely look at the sign without wanting to throw up. Why is the turkey always wet? Why are there "grill marks" drawn on the microwaved processed meat-glued-chicken?

The only place to get a decent sub is Publix or Jimmy John's.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:21:02 PM by Brandogg »
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2013, 01:34:18 PM »
LOL, sorry you have had bad luck. I have good experience at Subways at least 80% of the time. Sometimes it's not as good depending on the location and the employees, but that is true of pretty much any food place.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Gwellin

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • It's a Secret to Everybody
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2013, 01:47:09 PM »
I also have plenty of good Subway experiences. I tend to mostly get deli sliced meat though, and certainly not that so-called rib concoction.

That said, there were some less-than-appetizing locations in my city, until one got closed down by an inspector. Suddenly almost every location closed for half a year before reopening under a new owner. Since then the quality has been very good, even the pulled pork I tried once.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2013, 02:15:00 PM »
I usually stick to Ham or the Italian BMT, and I'd say I have mostly good experiences with Subway. I like to load toppings, so the "salad sandwich" thing doesn't bother me.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2014, 07:51:59 PM »
Have you guy seen Arby's new Meat Mountain Sandwich!?
http://consumerist.com/2014/08/25/arbys-is-now-selling-a-meat-mountain-for-10/

It's $10.00 and comes with a Mountain of Meat.

Arby’s wanted to make sure everyone knew it didn’t only sell those roast beef sandwiches slathered in cheese, so it made a poster showcasing a stacked tower of all the other meats on the menu, reports the Washington Post.
Once they built it, the calls started to come.
“People started coming in and asking, ‘Can I have that?’” Christopher Fuller, the company’s vice president of brand and corporate communications told the Post.
The answer is now yes; yes, you can have a $10 pile of meat between two buns, but you’ll have to know to ask for it as it won’t be on the menu.

That mound includes: 2 chicken tenders; 1.5 oz. of roast turkey; 1.5 oz. of ham; 1 slice of Swiss cheese; 1.5 oz. of corned beef; 1.5 oz. brisket; 1.5 oz. of Angus steak; 1 slice of cheddar cheese; 1.5 oz. roast beef and 3 half-strips of bacon.

:music; And this is why we're fat, this is why we're fat... this is why, this is why, this is why we're fat :music;

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2014, 08:01:33 PM »
Does it really count if it's not an on-menu item?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2014, 08:11:40 PM »
Have you guy seen Arby's new Meat Mountain Sandwich!?
http://consumerist.com/2014/08/25/arbys-is-now-selling-a-meat-mountain-for-10/

It's $10.00 and comes with a Mountain of Meat.

Arby’s wanted to make sure everyone knew it didn’t only sell those roast beef sandwiches slathered in cheese, so it made a poster showcasing a stacked tower of all the other meats on the menu, reports the Washington Post.
Once they built it, the calls started to come.
“People started coming in and asking, ‘Can I have that?’” Christopher Fuller, the company’s vice president of brand and corporate communications told the Post.
The answer is now yes; yes, you can have a $10 pile of meat between two buns, but you’ll have to know to ask for it as it won’t be on the menu.

That mound includes: 2 chicken tenders; 1.5 oz. of roast turkey; 1.5 oz. of ham; 1 slice of Swiss cheese; 1.5 oz. of corned beef; 1.5 oz. brisket; 1.5 oz. of Angus steak; 1 slice of cheddar cheese; 1.5 oz. roast beef and 3 half-strips of bacon.

:music; And this is why we're fat, this is why we're fat... this is why, this is why, this is why we're fat :music;

I thought that was a joke. I am totally going to get that in the future.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2014, 08:12:08 PM »
This reminds me, there's a place around my area called Jake's Wayback Burger, a place my family goes to sometimes, that has a real doozy on their menu called the "Triple Triple".

Pretty obscene for something that is an advertised menu item.