Author Topic: Pokemon Company Announces Hardware For 20th Anniversary  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Pokemon Company Announces Hardware For 20th Anniversary
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:23:00 AM »

And a Super Bowl ad, so you know they're all in

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41760/pokemon-company-announces-hardware-for-20th-anniversary

Pokémon Company has announced details of plans for the 20th anniversary of the series, including some interesting looking hardware.

Following the announcement of 2DS units preloaded with the games in Japan, the same 2DS bundles (less the green one) will release in Europe on 27 February. Each 2DS will come with the matching game preinstalled. New 3DS cover plates celebrating the anniversary will release on the same day.

North America will get a special bundle as well: A New 3DS bundle with both Red and Blue versions preinstalled, as well as two cover plates for Red and Blue, will launch on February 27. The series will also get the biggest promotion of all with an ad airing during Super Bowl L on February 7 - the highest rated television show in the United States annually.

Special Pokémon distributions and trading card game packages will also release during the year.

UPDATE: The mythical Pokémon distributions will be one per month from February through December, in roughly ascending National Pokédex order. Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesct will be distributed in North America through GameStop in February, May, August and November. The order for the other Pokemon, which will be distributed via the Nintendo Network, is: Celebi (March), Jirachi (April), Manaphy (June), Shaymin (July), Victini (September), Keldeo (October) and Meloetta (December). The distribution has been confirmed for Europe, with information on methods to be announced.

The Pokémon Center store will also be selling exclusive merchandise, including a special anniversary Nenodroid figure set of Red, Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise. As well, the Pokémon anime movies will be sold on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon with the first three being remastered.

The Pokémon Company has summed this up in a new trailer:

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Company Announces Hardware For 20th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:52:04 PM »
As a respecting Pokemon fan and non-New-3DS owner, this is the best bundle for me, personally. I always wanted a normal sized New 3DS and found the older bundles stupid, so this is exactly what I waited for.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 04:30:33 PM »
The mythical Pokémon distributions will be one per month from February through December, in roughly ascending National Pokédex order. Mew, Darkrai, Arceus and Genesct will be distributed in North America through GameStop in February, May, August and November. The order for the other Pokemon, which will be distributed via the Nintendo Network, is: Celebi (March), Jirachi (April), Manaphy (June), Shaymin (July), Victini (September), Keldeo (October) and Meloetta (December). The distribution has been confirmed for Europe, with information on methods to be announced.
Thank goodness.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:23 PM »
Will this just be for ORAS, or XY too? Hopefully both so I can get two, keep one, and extort- I mean, "negotiate a trade" with the other

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 08:08:59 PM »
The distributions are for all 3DS games. So X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 12:50:39 AM »
Will this just be for ORAS, or XY too? Hopefully both so I can get two, keep one, and extort- I mean, "negotiate a trade" with the other
Only two? Noob! I can get all four :D