Author Topic: Episode 68: Simultaneous Global Release  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Webmalfunction

• Pokémon World Report
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 7
    • View Profile
Episode 68: Simultaneous Global Release
« on: January 12, 2013, 04:34:36 PM »

The gang goes deep into 2012, and discusses Pokémon X & Y.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/32980

Here we go again, on our own. Going down the only road we've ever known. The road of video games. This week, Connectivity continues its journey through the annals of 2012 with the second half of last week's That Nintendo Year. Our decision to include some non-Nintendo gamse means it's a little longer than usual.

After that, Josh and Alex crank up the hype machine for Pokémon X & Y. And if you're interested, after the end of the show there's a bonus segment on the classic game LEGO Island.

Please don't forget to send us lots of listerner mail by clicking here, and also please rate and review our little show on iTunes. Thanks!

Offline zeeroid

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 68: Simultaneous Global Release
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
CHOO CHOOOOOOOOOOO

Offline Fjurbanski

• Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 10:08:57 PM »
Kingdom Hearts I is easily in my top ten games of all time.

It's all downhill after that as far as I'm concerned. KHII was so boring. The combat was sooooo button mashy. It was style over substance the second you turned it on. Mash X to watch Sora fly around the map destroying everything in his path, and then hit Triangle to do some QTE super move. It's not engaging at all. Whereas in the first one everything was more intricate. Your moves were more deliberate. Jump at just the right time, block at just the right time. Boss battles took far more concentration. You actually had to learn the bosses moveset, the right way to hit them and the right way to dodge them. It's a little cumbersome at first, yes, but far more satisfying in the end. The boss fight against Sephiroth in KHI... man, so intense.

And I shouldn't even need to say how absurd the story gets after KHI.

I've played every KH game (except for the mobile game), and I've never had as much fun with them as I had with KHI. Well, that's my KH rant. Thanks for your time.
Add me on Wii U. : ) --> FJUrban

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 01:28:57 AM »
PAL territories usually get games on a Friday, Pokemon games launch on Saturday in Japan, and of course there's the Sunday release for North America.

Worst comes to worst, PAL actually gets X and Y *first* (which would make sense with the European setting). More likely it'd be a Saturday (Friday NA time), Sunday, and Friday release though.

And the 2nd gen starters are terrrrrrrrrrrrrible. They're almost as overrated as the games that spawned them.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:23:48 PM »
LOL, the Gen II starters are far better than Gen III or V, and the games are so great (I remember loving Crystal so much that I maxed out the in-game counter at 999:59).

No way PAL will get them first. More likely is that Japan gets it first, then North America, then PAL.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline shingi_70

• Google shill
  • Score: -88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
Final fantasy 15 on 3DS is a freaking pipe dream. While I agree that the 3DS is doing hot in Japan it isn't selling top expectations elsewhere. The 3DS is a good place to make more new IP like Bravely default.

Also the New engine that powered angi's philosophy is going to power the next final fantasy. That and after seeing said demo if final fantasy 15 was on 3DS I probably wouldn't buy it despite owning the system.
I do think that Dragon Quest X is coming and the amount fanfare it gets will depend if square or Nintendo handles the duties,.
3DS friendcode: 3093-7342-3454
xbl gamertag : Shingi the 70

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 10:58:36 PM »
Actually, 3DS is selling really well in all regions. The reason FF won't be on 3DS though is because Square Enix puts the series on machines that will give it great graphics. No way would they even consider having it look worse than a previous entry in the series (which it would be if it's on 3DS or even PS Vita).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 03:17:54 PM »
You're not supposed to actually spin 3DS in Fluidity: Spin Cycle. Keep it horizontal and think of it as a plate with some water on it. Now tilt it to move the water -- and BAM -- it's basically a flying cheat code for your body of water. Not like it helps you or anything since game design is built very differently from usual puzzle platformers...

Even Iwata can't get it right, smh.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks