Author Topic: Episode 64: King Dedede's Empire Strikes Back  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Episode 64: King Dedede's Empire Strikes Back
« on: December 15, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

We celebrate Kirby Week with a double dose of segments about the pink puffball.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/connectivity/32804

If you've been around here at all you've probably realized it's Kirby week. We've got a lot of great Kirby content, and why would we just leave Connectivity out in the cold looking in on all the fun? So, we're brining you two Kirby segments for the price of one podcast download. Starting off, Scott, Zack K., and Josh discuss the little pink guy in all his glory, including their favorite Kirby games and where they'd like to see Kirby head in the future.

Then, we roast the guest of honor with the return of Connectivity Riffs. This time, Scott and Zach M are riffing an episode of Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, "Dedede's Snow Job." You can pull up the episode on Youtube to join in on all the fun, by clicking here

As always, please send your listener mail in by clicking here, and please rate and review the show on iTunes. 

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline zeeroid

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 64: King Dedede's Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
Episode 64? There better be some Crystal Shards talk!

Offline supergtt

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
after talking about dinosaurs, these riffs are the best. we need more of these!

Offline cL7oud

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
the riff was great fun guys, MOAR

Offline oksoda

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »
Glad you guys like the riffs! Obviously, comedy isn't necessarily our strong suit, but I'm happy they are up to snuff. You can definitely look forward to some more!

Offline Lithium

• disparaging user title
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »
@serious kirby game talk

ahahaha @ you guys trolling the audience, was epic XD

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 09:03:05 PM »
What's the deal with people named Zack blaspheming Star Wars on this podcast lately? Not liking A NEW HOPE? Episode III is the best Star Wars movie? I react to such opinions the same way I do holocaust deniers. Yes, I know one of those things is far more horrible than the other, but my shock and disbelief is the same. Shape up, Connectivity.

I think Canvas Curse is my favorite Kirby game, but it's a tough call. Partially because I think I overrate Canvas Curse a bit because it was the first good game that I played for the DS and also because there are lots of good Kirby's. However, I'm not crazy about most the more traditional entries of Kirby. I love the batshit offshoots like Dream Course, Block Ball, Pinball Land, etc. And yeah Epic Yarn is pretty great too.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
64 and Mass Attack are interesting choices. I'm not a huge Kirby fan but the ones I enjoyed most were Adventure, Dream Course, and Epic Yarn. Every so often I find myself tempted to play Epic Yarn again just to drink in the music and visuals. It's not a challenging game but in terms of it's visuals and audio it's very stimulating.

I'm probably crazy but I've never really enjoyed Super Star. TGCO was so mind numblingly boring.
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 04:26:51 AM »
Question to Josh, why did you say Link's Crossbow Training did not sell well? The game sold 4.8 million copies, which I would consider very successful.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20