Author Topic: Mafia LVIII: Land of the deleted posters dead thread.  (Read 21813 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LVIII Land of the deleted posters dead thread.
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 04:30:32 PM »
Question: If you were still a townie at this time in the game would you bluff the killer role like thatguy did since it's pretty much your only hope for taking out the mafia?

Personally, no. The killer is double edged sword and both townies and mafia can't trust him although they both might need him. Frankly, I view the killer as the most dangerous enemy if I'm mafia, followed by the investigator. Especially this game when 2 mafia members can avoid being correctly investigated. The killer could completely take out a good embedded mafia member that everyone thinks is innocent or you can both hit the same target in effect, wasting a hit that could have gone elsewhere.

It might be why Thatguy was the target last night. I guess we'll find out after the game is over for sure.

Plus, I think there are many players who don't want someone who outright says they are mafia or the killer to win or live in case they are telling the truth since it makes them look extremely foolish to play the whole game and not off them.

That said, private messaging is a whole better avenue for that kind of subterfuge.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 04:58:46 PM »
I agree it is a risk, but the mafia is going to target a non mafia member anyway and since the killer is more useful to townies at this point you'll want to protect him.  also anyone voting against the "outed" killer will look suspicious.  Allowing them to point the finger at anyone they want.  But you are probably right that you can't do that trick twice.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 06:01:33 PM »
I have no regrets.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 06:58:59 PM »
Oh, no one actually gives a **** and just joins just because they can.

Have you ever looked back at other games we've played?

Heck, even day 1, before it got shut down had plenty of votes of going around. The biggest bandwagons were at 3 votes each.

I was also wondering about people getting banned on this Epic Mafia site. So, let's say the detective investigates the last mafia member and posts that he is the detective and this player is the last mafia member. Can only two people vote for the mafia member and everyone has to spread their votes around to other players to not get banned?

I would imagine the banning would only happen if it's senseless bandwagonning with no reason. If players were to vote in a group against someone and they all individually had a clear reason to do so, then I don't imagine they'd be banned.

That said, I believe mob mentality should be a part of the game. If players can't think for themselves, the consequences are a loss in most cases.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »
Such as screwing over the doctor.

I saw Khush was out, so I knew we'd be hopeless. I decided to try and rally the troops and fill his shoes, but ultimately I was denied and my one post made it clear to the mafia that I was a danger. At this point, they know that knocking off people that post more than five words leaves the townies at a loss. The wagoning is starting to get on my nerves, because how do I learn to be a better player when I can't perfect my strategy?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 08:56:51 PM by Silenced »

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 01:00:37 AM »
I'm talking about blind wagoning on random people three days in a row.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 06:23:25 AM »
That's what I meant.

And... really? Are we so bad that the Killer has to do our groundwork?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 10:25:25 AM »
I'm talking about blind wagoning on random people three days in a row.

Then get a band wagon on someone not random. Oh that's right. You'd rather vote no one. Glad you are making a difference.

Blind bandwagoning can serve a purpose. I'd say more but I'm dead and don't want to seem like I'm trying to lead the players to a certain conclusion of what to look for and who to vote but the game is a puzzle and you just have to keep looking over all the pieces.

I saw Khush was out, so I knew we'd be hopeless. I decided to try and rally the troops and fill his shoes, but ultimately I was denied and my one post made it clear to the mafia that I was a danger. At this point, they know that knocking off people that post more than five words leaves the townies at a loss. The wagoning is starting to get on my nerves, because how do I learn to be a better player when I can't perfect my strategy?

Heh. I knew I was going to be in for a tough game when I began to examine the player list and saw more and more really good players had signed up for this game. I'm not ruling anything out yet but there's a lot that can happen and unless these players are mafia, the townies may yet prevail. It probably won't be pretty though.

As for perfecting strategy, we should talk.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 11:04:58 AM »
I voted random because I wasn't going to be at the computer in time and I needed to get some sort of vote in. I didn't want to vote for someone without looking at everyone again, but I didn't have the time. I'm a bit more active today, but you don't need to be an asshole.

Voting for no one is a lot better than wagoning on a townie three days in a row. Get your priorities straight.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
Oh Oblivion. You are so fun. You complain about the way everyone plays and when they argue back, you get upset at them. Personally, I disagree that voting no one is better unless your mafia as it means a free day for the mafia as they don't have to actually vote for anyone either then and can keep themselves free from blame when townies go down.

My priorities are straight and I have the records to prove it.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 12:16:58 PM »
Exactly. It's every townies duty to vote and honor the sacrifices the players in this thread made to allow you to keep that right!

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 12:27:55 PM »
Khush, I was already upset in the first place, you are nothing special in that regard. If defending what I said (because that's what you do in an argument, I know, it's a fucking revolution, isn't it?) is getting "upset" then what  has everyone else been doing when they argue?

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
Perhaps it's your tone. Instead of shouting "this sucks, you are all stupid" as your argument and pissing on everyone's parade, try backing up your "points" with reasoned thought in a civil manor. If we are all doing it wrong show us how to do it right.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:09:44 PM by apdude »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 01:56:00 PM »
Khush, I was already upset in the first place, you are nothing special in that regard. If defending what I said (because that's what you do in an argument, I know, it's a fucking revolution, isn't it?) is getting "upset" then what  has everyone else been doing when they argue?

Well, for me personally, I've been doing it in a way that doesn't involve swearing or calling someone an asshole just because I disagree with them. As Apdude said, it's the tone of your posts. However, you also mention that you were already upset so that is probably why they are coming off that way.

And while I really should probably just stop, I'm going to try to point out one last time why people are viewing you negatively because ultimately that's why I'm engaging in this discussion with you in the first place to try and show why you are not connecting with everyone else.

The first problem is you are telling everyone there is a problem with the way they are playing the game. They are just bandwagoning the same individuals and no one is putting much thought into their votes. Fair enough. Others have made a similar complaint already. However, those people have questioned the bandwagons asking for answers or trying to give out another name to vote for and garner support for that vote or explain why people should change their vote. You have not. You just keep telling everyone they are playing poorly and that you don't like the way they are playing. That's it. Here is all that you have posted in the past 4 days:

I wish I was told that I was in this game. I was only a backup.
In any case, I'll make sure I message everyone now.

He wasn't even supposed to come into work today!
wat

Vol. 1 for action, Vol. 2 for those great character moments?

Am I alive?

Vote: No One

I won't be online until tomorrow.

And this is why I really didn't want to keep playing. The wagoning on this site is fucking ridiculous, and if any of you were playing on EpicMafia or another forum you'd be banned immediately.
The mafia and/or is directly or indirectly causing the wagoning to happen and you townie sheep are following their every whim. This happens every time.

Alright. Up to this point, nothing really major going on. A lot of fluff posts really which is part of the problem. You’ve shown nothing so far in trying to guide the vote or point out any suspicious behavior or suggest possible candidates or anything really to indicate a willingness to participate in a meaningful way except for maybe your first post.

But now, you attack how everyone else is playing thereby opening yourself up to criticism when they look at how you have played so far up to this same point. You make a fine point in the second part of your post but people won’t care about it because of the tone/attitude of the first part of it.

Moreover, you talk about playing mafia somewhere else and being banned for this behavior but you don’t mention what should be the proper behavior or how people on those sites play this game or nor do you show any willingness to try and change the current play style to these other shining examples. You just want to tell everyone how bad it is here and that they are playing bad and leave it at that. That’s why no one is taking you seriously or listening to you.

Anyways, let’s finish up.

I can't remember, do we know who the KIller is who he's sided with? If he's maf-sided, he's an idiot.

I'm not complaining. I'm commenting on how stupid the Killer was. Those earlier rants are legit ones, considering all the wagoning that was going on. That, more than anything, pisses me off.
And voting for "no one" is scummy? Bullshit. It's a valid strategy. Let me reiterate what I said in another thread:
I voted random because I wasn't going to be at the computer in time and I needed to get some sort of vote in. I didn't want to vote for someone without looking at everyone again, but I didn't have the time. I'm a bit more active today, but you don't need to be an asshole.
Voting for no one is a lot better than wagoning on a townie three days in a row. Get your priorities straight.

Jesus Christ. Fine. Good game Mafia.
Vote: Oblivion

Again, you state the killer is stupid and an idiot even though you admit that you can’t remember what the killer’s affiliations are but you are just going to make a judgment call on the situation anyways. You get into a bit more of discussion of how your way is right and other players aren’t which I will mention a bit more of in a moment. Finally, when faced with a bit of adversity and a few votes but a whole lot of time left in the day, you decide to not fight or argue for your game life but surrender.

Here you’ve got a moment where players are fully focusing on you but instead of using this opportunity to make a difference, to point out someone else who might be more worthy of voting out than you, to make some headway and get people to start listening to you more, you leave.

That’s the first problem. No action to back up the talk.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:32:39 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »
I have been in your your position many times and thought about giving up on the game Oblivion but that doesn't help you or your team win whatever side you are on. This game is not a cake walk and you need to look at the game and work as a team whatever side you are on. You just need to work through whatever for not only yourself but for your own team so that if you happen to die you are not leaving them hardly any info to work off of.

I will say this though if you have time after you do some game playing in this game look up Sonic Mafia and also Earthbound Mafia. Mafia 28 and Mafia 37 respectfully. I gave up in those games at the start but I changed my tune part way through the game and each game had different results for me. Sonic Mafia I lost at the end and Earthbound Mafia my side won because I stuck to the game.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:33:08 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2012, 02:29:34 PM »
I am a total Mafia NOOB but I am trying. I really am. I have even sought advice from seasoned players.
I have done some PMing, have analyzed past day's threads, have followed hunches, taken personal risks in revealing some things. I am taking some time now during my lunch to do some further analysis of the game and players up to this point.

Yet folks are still accusing a bunch of us of merely "bandwagoning." That's slighlty offensive but more than that, it just leads me to conclude that the complainers are butt-hurt that the game isn't going "the way it should." I don't know how the game is "supposed" to go. I am new. Many others are new this game too, I think.
I would have thought that some new blood would make the game exciting again. It shakes up the patterns, I am sure, gives a chance for mentoring, if that is your thing, and arguably makes it easier to manipulate the NOOBs to attain victory. Where's the downside here?

(I know I am not supposed to post here until dead but nobody seems to balk when Oblivion does it so...)
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
We are engaging him because we are bored.  I've liked your play thus far Fatty though Khush may differ based on the day 1 vote.  Up until yesterday I didn't really know which side you were on which I feel is key to winning. I allways think if your townie act like mafia and if your mafia act like a townie.  easier said than done of course.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
We are engaging him because we are bored. I've liked your play thus far Fatty though Khush may differ based on the day 1 vote.

Pretty much. And I'm starting to warm up to Fatty. We didn't meet in the best way possible but it happens.

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »
Khush, you have been most gracious in defeat.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:20 PM »
It's only defeat if he loses.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 04:59:20 PM »

Don't get ahead of yourself. Things may yet get revealed to change your mind.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »

Bwahahahahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

What are we laughing about?

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »

Mind = Blown

Also, I am scared.  :'(
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:29 AM »
I just noticed, James Jones actually did this...

Quote from: Insanolord
apdude was hit by the Mafia. He was a townie.

...guess I was asking for it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:23:19 AM by apdude »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2012, 01:18:12 AM »
Well that sucked.

At least I FOOLED YOU ALL