Author Topic: Indiana Jones Staff of Kings for Wii  (Read 13580 times)

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones Staff of Kings for Wii
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:11:44 PM »
While it seems like the PS3 and 360 version of Indy's latest adventure is discarded looks like the Wii version is still in production along with a DS version and a Playstation version (probably PSP) why the hell isn't there a specific PS2, PSP or PS3 logo already for trailers ?!?!?

Wii Trailer
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones Staff of Kings for Wii
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »
omgomgomgOMGOMGOMG
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 09:02:09 PM »
No logo? Cuz it's been SCRAPPED

2 GameCubes can't handle those graphics anyway.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »
I'm waiting for official announcement, but it looks cool if the trailer is any indication of gameplay.

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
As long as they keep nuking the fridge I am fine with it :D .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 12:03:14 AM »
Raping the Jones's.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 01:20:41 AM »
I approve of the next action/adventure Indy game that is long past due...Now to just hope that it's actually good... =(
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 01:37:07 AM »
Remember the Indiana Jones game for the Atari?

Wow, that sucked. Like, you had a gun, but it had limited ammo and I always wasted the shots on some stupid snakes (otherwise they killed me!) :(
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2009, 07:25:45 AM »
Yeah, Indiana Jones makes perfect sense for the Wii. Not only is the Wii the market leader, but the control scheme is infinitely better suited for the Wii-mote/chuck than with a dualaxis or MS-pad. Swinging the remote in order to swing Indy's whip, or to aim his pistol sounds like awesome fun!

I'd say its no wonder the PS3/60 versions were cancelled. Not only are they the market losers, but they can't whip it, whip it good.
is your sanity...

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
I approve of the next action/adventure Indy game that is long past due...Now to just hope that it's actually good... =(

This is key.  I'm all over a good Indy game.  In fact, I'd kill for a Zack & Wiki-type adventure game.  Unfortunately, it'll probably be closer to Tomb Raider:(
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »
In fact, I'd kill for a Zack & Wiki-type adventure game.  Unfortunately, it'll probably be closer to Tomb Raider:(

I'd rather they make an awesome action/adventure game and just port over the old Indy point-and-clicks to the VC... =(
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2009, 10:37:54 PM »

This is key.  I'm all over a good Indy game.  In fact, I'd kill for a Zack & Wiki-type adventure game.  Unfortunately, it'll probably be closer to Tomb Raider:(

Go look up Fate of Atlantis.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 04:57:36 PM »
NEW INFO!

Some game tech specs:

60fps triple buffering
bloom
anisotropic x4
soft shadows
full depth of field
indirect texturing
16:9
480p

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Step into the shoes of the legendary hero, Indiana Jones, in an all new epic adventure! Set in the year 1939, Indiana Jones® and the Staff of Kings™ follows the rogue archaeologist on an all-new globe-trotting quest.

From San Francisco's Chinatown to the lush jungles of Panama, Indy must use his whip, fists and wits to fight through ruthless opposition as he spars with his nemesis, Magnus Völler, in a race for a relic of biblical proportions — the Staff of Moses.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings features completely interactive environments, where players need to call upon their wits and daring to make each spring-loaded environment a weapon in order to dispense of foes in clever and unexpected ways. Also, embark upon thrilling action sequences that remain true to the spirit established in scenes such as Indy's pursuit of the motorcade in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the mine-cart scene in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and the free-for-all aboard the tank in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Product Information

* Wield your Wii Remote™ like Indy’s signature whip for a variety of uses — from combat to navigation to puzzle-solving.
* Use your highly interactive Hot Set™ environments and your wits to defeat your enemies.
* Explore exotic locations around the globe in an all-new story that puts you on an epic quest for the Staff of Moses.
* Apply your smarts to navigate Indy through challenging terrains with the many maneuvers Indy can do with his whip.
* Engage in burst gunplay moments and use careful aim and the environment to take out enemies.
* Face overwhelming odds and escape signature run-for-your-life moments, like a daring escape from a collapsing temple, by matching fast-paced onscreen gesture prompts.
* Experience thrilling chases and control vehicles — fly a biplane in a canyon trench, take the reigns of a wild elephant through the streets of Istanbul and navigate a raft down a raging river.
* Cooperative gameplay mode allows you and a friend to brave the challenges in a variety of game modes in an entirely new quest with a familiar character never playable before in an Indy game.
* Unlock four-player versus mode where you and your friends go head-to-head in a real biplane combat or take on three of your friends in a free for all tank battle!
* Whether you are brawling baddies or wielding your whip, use the Wii Remote and Nunchuk™ as nature intended with the intuitive gesture-based combat system.
* Discover more than 20 artifacts and rewarding unlockables throughout the game.
* For those old-school gamers there is nothing better than unlocking the classic Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis game!
* On the Nintendo DS, use the stylus as the whip to swing over pits, brawl with enemies and to explore the world.
* The PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system version features six robust types of burst gameplay including combat and physics challenges, puzzles and the trademark Indiana Jones chase sequences.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:01:13 PM by Flames_of_chaos »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »
PSP ported to Wii?

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 06:08:19 PM »
By the look of the screen shots, those specs need some anti-aliasing as well. But now just waiting to see the game in motion.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 11:15:22 AM »
Is this the Indy game with the procedural animations? It had that demo of Indy knocking guys off a trolley.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 01:04:04 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is a Wii exclusive extra.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
Is this the Indy game with the procedural animations? It had that demo of Indy knocking guys off a trolley.

I don't think there was a trolley in this game. But then again, I haven't played through it in years.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 03:29:45 PM »
FATE OF ATLANTIS IS WORTH $50 BUCKS ALONE@!!!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 03:33:26 PM »

I think that was for the canceled PS3/360 game.  I don't think it was related to this game.

I don't think there was a trolley in this game. But then again, I haven't played through it in years.

Um, what?  The game hasn't come out yet, so I don't think you could have played it years ago.  Just saying.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

Um, what?  The game hasn't come out yet, so I don't think you could have played it years ago.  Just saying.

This is probably more fallout from Kairon's Emperor's Tomb gaffe.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 05:24:33 PM »

I think that was for the canceled PS3/360 game.  I don't think it was related to this game.

Sorry, I assumed that he was talking about 'The Fate of Atlantis' since someone posted that it was going to be a bonus on the Wii edition. Atlantis was released back in like '92/'93 ish I believe.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2009, 07:26:34 PM »
My gosh, this game looks like a good effort.  Who'da thunk?

Lucasarts, masters of technology, finally figured out how to take decent Wii screenshots.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2009, 07:29:07 PM »
This game might be the "movie adventure" Disaster: Day of Not Released was supposed to be.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2009, 11:34:15 PM »
Hmm...the game sounds interesting enough in the IGN Preview, and lord knows Fate of Atlantis alone is worth that price tag (provided it's the voiced version, as it damn well should be).  Just one thing that bothered me, and it's the sort of thing that would bother some people and not others: they're apparently not going to be referring to the Germans in the game as Nazis, and their emblem won't be in the game.  Bull...fracking...****!  This game takes place in 1939!  They're Nazis!  In the films they're Nazis!  If you're going to have an Indiana Jones game in the 1930s that has German antagonists, it's just pointless and cowardly to hide from calling them what they were: Nazis.  I thought we were past pointless self-censorship like this ages ago!

Incidentally, Fate of Atlantis has the rather amusing honor of being the oldest game in my gaming backlog.  I played it for PC way back not too long after it came out (I had both it and X-Wing), and I got up to a particular point on all 3 paths before being completely stuck.  Unfortunately, by the time I figured out the solution I no longer had the game (it wasn't exactly a legal version and our photocopied manual got lost, and in those days they put the keycodes for entering the game on the pages of the manual).  It has been bothering me for literally almost 2 decades now that I never beat Atlantis, because I really loved that game.  Ah, to finally be able to remove that game from my backlog!  Pure bliss.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.