Author Topic: Indiana Jones Staff of Kings for Wii  (Read 13582 times)

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones Staff of Kings for Wii
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2009, 02:20:55 AM »
Well, I'd say that "I hate to say I told you so", but I don't so I won't: for whatever reason IGN has devoted an entire review to "Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis" tacked-on bonus extra "Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings" Wii game.  Surprise, surprise it's a passable action game brought down by crappy Wiimote controls (when not shooting a gun).  Gee, never would have seen that coming out of a 3rd party multiplatform PSP/PS2/Wii game, especially from such a quality developer like LucasArts!

Odd that they barely even mention the lasting appeal of the main game: Atlantis.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/994/994513p1.html
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Tanatoes

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »
My quick impressions of "Staff of Kings": I really want to like it more.  There's clearly a very cool and fun game hidden in here but it's buried in mediocrity.  The brawling portions of the game are frustrating in that you're constantly surrounded by foes, which means you can't do any of the cool moves you learn in the tutorial like whipping a guy over and head-butting him.  You end up just flailing with the Wii-remote and nunchuck just to clear space.  And the exploration and puzzle solving portions end up being less about puzzle solving and more about just wandering through the levels waiting for a context sensitive whip icon to appear indicating that there's something nearby you can interact with.

I've only played through a small portion of the game so far, but it feels to me as if I'm engaged in one long interactive cutscene.. actual game-play is reduced to periodically obeying on-screen instructions between being mobbed by enemy grunts.  At least Mad World had the art style and humor to distract from the tedium.

Of course, I haven't played Fate of Atlantis yet, so I do have that to look forward to.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends?  0639 9148 4145 6376

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2009, 04:46:08 PM »
Let's not talk about $40+ VC games, OK?  Stay focused.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.