Author Topic: Mafia LVII:With Friends like these who needs enemies  (Read 11092 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Mafia LVII:With Friends like these who needs enemies
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »
Little confused by the Chocolate Rain.  Was the Mafia hit guaranteed to kill a Mafia Member?

No it was not Ceric. The hit was randomized with all the people alive in the game at that point. So it was possible for the Mafia to get hit by their own hit. When I posted about the Rain in the thread I was just posting the worst possible things that could happen for each of the things and the things that the chocolate rain could do. The Mafia took a chance with their hit and played the odds and lost and one of their teammates died. They could have just not sent in the hit and played it safe and get more townies to die when the Chocolate Rain was down.They didn't do that and well unfortunately it cost them.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »
Do people effected with discord know they are mafia?  Also do they know who discord is?  Otherwise they may be mafia and still vote off the mafia member.  On the other hand if they do know then they would just tell everyone to vote off the last member become townies again then win!  It's a neat ability but I don't think it can work very well since they can switch back.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 09:05:23 PM »
Do people effected with discord know they are mafia?  Also do they know who discord is?  Otherwise they may be mafia and still vote off the mafia member.  On the other hand if they do know then they would just tell everyone to vote off the last member become townies again then win!  It's a neat ability but I don't think it can work very well since they can switch back.

People who are discorded are not Mafia.They are still on the townie role side. I let them know that they are discorded.  They just cant use their roles, or use items although they can get items if certain conditions are met.The only thing they can do is vote.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »
I got stuck 2 days in a row with the Poison Joke Flower. LOL, wish I had gotten the katana sword or the buzz saw.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 01:17:40 AM »
I don't like how Mafia games are done on this site because there's almost no thought involved. We almost won because the town just bandwagons on random people and the only reason they won is because I was being retarded.

Instead of just bandwagoning and crossing your fingers, how about you scum hunt, provide reasons why, and talk? Only Khush and Silenced did just that. Everyone else just voted, didn't post, or cracked jokes the entire time.

Also, the Mafia needs to be more vocal with each other. I wasn't sure what we were doing the entire time.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 01:37:39 AM »
I have to agree with you Oblivion at this. It used to not be like this. I pretty much did that all the time but that tends to get you killed if you are not careful with it. If you are too smart you are voted off right away and if you act dumb and or not really sure while in PMs you to some people you deduce things well then things tend to keep you alive longer.

Also there was a reason I did that group PM at the start with you guys so you can talk with each other in the planning.Also so I could gets some thoughts on what you guys were thinking.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:39:48 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 01:48:07 AM »
I mean, it was better in this game but if you look at the Batman game, it was literally just people bandwagoning the whole time. It's a disaster.

I don't mind the jokes or anything, but people need to start participating. If ShyGuy hadn't died and I didn't derp and not send in a kill we most likely would have won.

Offline apdude

• Not Robin
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 02:59:24 AM »
Well I was trying to do something.  When I saw super post that he would vote for whoever posted next I figured that was something the Mafia wouldn't do, so I then posted below him which is also something no mafia member would typically do and then vote for him.  We would each then have a vote on each other and it would break the ice.  I then PM'ed him to team up and change our votes once the mafia chimed in thinking they were safe.  This sort of worked as Shyguy and Ceric both voted for me.  Problem was it was a friday and attendence was low an he forgot to come back to change the vote and I didn't expect too many townies to jump in on the bandwagon (JR why bandwagon me?).  At that point there was no saving myself unless a bunch of others realized that it made no sence that I was mafia and focused somewhere else.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 03:40:28 AM »
Okay I have unlocked the thread you guys I am still typing up my thoughts on you guys but you can move the end game discussion over there now if you like.
Alexis, she/her/Miss