Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104307 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »
I think you need a plot for sale to have someone appear on a Nook Miles Island.  I hadn't seen one for a while, but when I put some plots for sale someone popped up.
This is probably it then.  Yeah I think I didn't make plots for a few days and that is why I didn't have any villagers on Nook Mile Islands.   Another possiblity is that only one islander at a time can move into the island.   

I checked the latter by going to a Nook Island after accepting a new islander to one of the two plots of land and when I got to the island there was nobody there to invite.  So I am thinking only one islander can move in at a time.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 06:01:39 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 12, 2020, 08:50:36 PM »
OKAY! Prepping my island to open up.

Turnips are selling for 393, so sell them off if that is a good market for you.

I have fossils out in front of the museum so feel free to grab the ones you're missing, and drop off any of your duplicates you don't want so we can spread them around. Don't take them to sell, if you are that broke for bells I'll send you off with a generous care package.

There are extra DIY recipes in the market, please don't grab all of them so others can enjoy too, and bring any of your extras to share if you want. (The balloon stall has bunny day recipes. Ask and I will give you the eggs to make them if you missed the event)

Market also has a stack of each of the fruits, so take one or two of each you are missing and put the rest back so others can get the ones they are missing. Any fruit on trees may be taken, PLEASE DO NOT TAKE MONEY TREES. Those are my sister's.

Anything found in trees may fall under the law of Finder's Keepers. Though letting others catalog would be nice.

Also I filled the open stalls in the market with my extra items, these are free to take, and you are welcome to bring any extra items to leave for others too.

Also, if you have any cool items you would like to let others hold to catalog feel free to bring them by. I have both crowns and the royal robes that all are welcome to hold to catalog so they can order their own. They are all on the table in front of the shop.

Flowers are also free to take. You may pluck any you find. If you want the whole flower plant that is fine so long as you leave me two of any color found in a given cluster.

OPEN NOW

Will be open for an hour or so, hopefully more, but might need a break around 7PM Pacific.

Dodo Code: JV3B4
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:01:47 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #252 on: May 12, 2020, 09:04:24 PM »
Really cool of you for organizing this Stratos.   

I have some extra DIY and extra dino parts that I am bringing and I am bringing over my red and blue corner which is too big for my gym to work.  Also bringing a squat toilet because well I have an extra.   I also have a few wallpapers/floorings I can part with. Lattice Wall and Brown argyle-tile flooring.   

I am mainly coming over to catalog items and maybe get some more cherries, apples and coconuts.   
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 12, 2020, 09:31:08 PM »
There are apple and coconut trees unshaken you can take too. Might be others as well.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #254 on: May 12, 2020, 09:34:41 PM »
There are apple and coconut trees unshaken you can take too. Might be others as well.

Thanks!! Appreciate it!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 12, 2020, 09:37:36 PM »
Heads up, Phoebe is crafting a key holder. She is next to Nooks Cranny.
My Game Collection

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 12, 2020, 09:51:33 PM »
Thanks a lot, Stratos, that turnip money means I've almost paid off my house for good. You've got a really nice town. I really hope I can get some roses sometime soon.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 12, 2020, 09:53:29 PM »
You can have some of my roses Insanolord. I have grown a lot.

Also, I forgot to mention, Sahara is here! Carpets and drapes for all!
My Game Collection

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 12, 2020, 10:00:45 PM »
If you really don't mind, I'll be over in a minute. I think you'll have to add me as a best friend.

EDIT: I grabbed a couple reds and a white to get started. Thank you again.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:17:04 PM by NWR_insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 12, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »
Whats a Key holder?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »
Like a board on the wall that holds house keys. One is in my main room on the right wall if you want to see
My Game Collection

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:37 PM »
So sorry! I let the Switch go to sleep while carrying it to another room and triggered a DC. Hope no one lost anything
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #262 on: May 12, 2020, 11:28:03 PM »
I didn't lose anything. I can return with the fossils I had. All duplicates.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2020, 11:29:33 PM »
Okay, gonna reopen. But only for a little bit. My sister wants to play something.

MQMPT
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #264 on: May 12, 2020, 11:33:53 PM »
Okay, gonna reopen. But only for a little bit. My sister wants to play something.

MQMPT
Sounds good.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2020, 10:46:18 AM »
That was fun last night Stratos. Just catching up and cataloging items. 

In other news a new islander came onto my island and she is a duck name Maelle and she is going to be a great villager.    I have one more spot on my island for villagers.    I also finished up my gym. I have several mats on the floor and the wallpaper is the Stadium wallpaper so it is like they are cheering you on as you work out.  I made good use of the workout items as they are on the mats in their own area. Also have a fruit infusion item to help refresh those that workout.   

As for the island at large and my plans with that each villager is going to be in a certain area of the map according to the climate/ habitat.  I just have to get one more villager for the plot of land but I may need to make a few of the other villagers leave to suit the climate/habitat guidelines I have set for my island. I want at least one islander in each area. We shall see how it goes.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2020, 05:49:17 PM »
I finally had the big KK Slider concert on my island today, so I unlocked terraforming.  I also went ahead and got all the upgrades for the app, since I had enough miles.  I also took out a river to the north east, which opened a lot of space for me and saved me from having to build a bridge.  I think I'll get into some more today since I was planning to relocate some trees and I can now give myself more space to have them.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2020, 06:01:05 PM »
I finally had the big KK Slider concert on my island today, so I unlocked terraforming.  I also went ahead and got all the upgrades for the app, since I had enough miles.  I also took out a river to the north east, which opened a lot of space for me and saved me from having to build a bridge.  I think I'll get into some more today since I was planning to relocate some trees and I can now give myself more space to have them.

I am about a star away from 3 stars on my island.  Gonna go for 3 stars once I get my tenth islander. Time to go to a Nook Isle later today after I finished up the things around the island in search of an islander. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #268 on: May 13, 2020, 07:29:51 PM »
Nice! I honestly went from one to three stars between checking, so I had no idea when I hit it.  I had been trying to breed pink roses for my home garden and, as mentioned, build bridges and things and completely forgot about the rating.  I then built like 3 plots and by the time the last villager moved in, I finally remembered to check and was ready to go.  The plots got me to my eighth villager, so that may be all you need, unless you just want the full 10.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 07:35:27 PM by nickmitch »
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #269 on: May 13, 2020, 08:09:02 PM »
I do want the full 10 villagers just so I can have at least two villagers in each region I plan to make.   I did go to a Nook island earlier today to round up my last villager. They weren't ideal to the climate so I may need to let go one or two of my villagers in the coming days.  Isabelle is saying I need the island decorated more and I will likely get to that if I luck out with turnips on Sunday and the coming week.  For now I am just going to try and work on filling up my ABT savings with more bells leading up to Sunday.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 13, 2020, 09:12:12 PM »
I’ll be opening up the island of Thra if anyone wants to log some items! Not much going on here. No special visitors and 96 bell price. I’ll be making supper so I may not respond to messages right away.

Dodo: F4Y2Q

Hey Kitty, did you keep items? I’m not sure which forums poster Kitty is.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 01:31:41 AM by Dan Laser »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2020, 10:01:16 AM »
Hey Dan I was in several Zoom meetings yesterday and really only got to finish up my daily tasks and go to a Nook Miles island before turning in. I did check my island after 8pm and Celeste was there and I got a DIY for the star rod but I wasn't able to find and shooting stars before dropping off the sleep.   Also today my 10th islander moved in so I am going to make sure I get my fruit trees organized and not pick them so I can harvest them before Sunday morning.   

But yeah Dan if you are up to have visitors cataloging I am up for it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #272 on: May 15, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »
Just saw a video on how you can get scorpions during the day and it basically entails purchasing a NMT and going to an island after 7pm and either clearing the island of things or not and then putting your switch into sleep mode and waking up in the morning. Taking your switch out of sleep mode and you are still on the NMT island and it is in the morning. See this works because once you go to a NMT island the time is set and doesn't change to real time until you return to the main island.  If you have limited time at night to do things this is a good way of making scorpion/tarantula hunting easier and on your own schedule.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 17, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
How does one build out the roads and pathways around the island?

I hopped on my daughters account and was able to figure out bridges and ramps.
We can also move housing around, but I have no idea how to build the roads/pathways.

Is it just a texture? or an infrastructure project?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 17, 2020, 06:36:51 PM »
Once you get KK to visit you unlock terra-forming (sp?) and that is part of the ability. Save your nook miles as you spend them to unlock different road types.

In other news, I learned how to write my own amiibo cards. So I am in the process of bringing over my old favorites. It takes three visits to get an amiibo visitor to stay so it will take some time to bring them all over.
My Game Collection