Author Topic: Fire Emblem 10  (Read 36054 times)

Offline silverwings07

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Fire Emblem 10
« on: May 09, 2006, 07:47:32 PM »
No topic yet for the game?

IGN has the first art and the 7 sec vid up for viewing

Looks like the sequel to 9 and was probably one of the bigger suprises for me from the conference.  The guy (who I assume is the Lord/main character) looks like a grown up Sothe. (Here's the FE9 Sothe for comparison).

The other main character/Lord I think might be a mage (light maybe?).  Also, I think she's either a new character or the child of one of the older characters in FE9 due to the first Lord being Sothe.

I thought what we saw of the graphics (i.e. cutscenes) was much more fluid and nicer than the ones for FE9.  Makes me excited for the gameplay.

So, thoughts? Comments?  I know there isn't much to go on, but as a Fire Emblem fan, I can't not talk about it. ^_^  

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE: Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 08:01:56 PM »
looks good to me

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:27:19 PM »
Game of the show, far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, that does look sort of like Sothe. Hmmm... the girl also looks familiar for some reason.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 09:27:25 PM »
We are all in agreement. When I first saw him, I thought he was Sothe as well. The funny thing is when I was thinking of the next FE game for Cube I was thinking that Sothe should be one of the leads. As for the girl, I'm not sure who she could be. This is the game I'm looking forward to the most. I am sucker for FE and one on Wii will definately be one of my first purchases.
Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 03:10:27 AM »
It does look like Sothe; but that doesn't really mean much as much of the character art from one game to the next tends to look similar.

However, if true, it would explain why Sothe couldn't promote in PoR (the only pre-promote who couldn't).  We might also find out who the heck he was looking for.  And, IIRC, this would be the first time a thief is the main character in a FE game.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:24:42 AM »
How do we even know Sothe is the main character? I believe Sothe will be a very important character in the game, but I don't think he'll be a Lord.

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
RE:Fire Emblem 10
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 05:25:13 AM »

Originally posted by: vudu
It does look like Sothe; but that doesn't really mean much as much of the character art from one game to the next tends to look similar.

However, if true, it would explain why Sothe couldn't promote in PoR (the only pre-promote who couldn't).  We might also find out who the heck he was looking for.  And, IIRC, this would be the first time a thief is the main character in a FE game.

Well, the reasoning for why it (with 99% accuracy) would be Sothe: Same hair, eyes, clothing style, pose & weaponry, the muffler, etc.

It would be a great way to explain why he couldn't promote (lord in hiding? related to the family of daien? from the country we didn't hear of?) and his story wasn't even touched on in the game.

Originally posted by: Terranigma Freak
How do we even know Sothe is the main character?

Well, for one he is featured in the cutscene (and looking at nine, who outside of Ike and Mist were featured in the FMVs?).  Also, he's one of the only two official art released.  Granted, Titania's art was released with Ike's when 9 was announced and she wasn't a Lord, but she was an important character.

Have we even had a FE game with only a female Lord?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12:31 AM »

Have we even had a FE game with only a female Lord?
No.

I just realized something--if Sothe is in this game, that means there's a really good chance the Languz are back.  That sucks.  Hopefully Sothe travels to a far away country where the Sub-Humans aren't allowed.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 11:28:05 AM »
I didn't mind the laguz, of course I only put them in my party when it was required to unlock a new character or secret. So you could just leave them out like I did Vudu.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 11:46:47 AM »
Well duh.  

Doesn't change the fact that the suck.

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »
I'd like the laguz to return, I liked them a lot.   Okay, just the cats.  I found the birds to be useless (weak to magic and bows? pff) and the dragons you got too late in the game to matter and they weren't very good.  Either of them.  But I loved my Lethe/Ranulf combo for the last few chapters. ^_^

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2006, 12:16:21 PM »
Hey, I liked them. They were fun to use and work into strategies.

Offline Terranigma Freak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 01:15:23 PM »
Is this game playable on the show floor???? I must know!!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 01:27:54 PM »

Originally posted by: vudu
Well duh.  

Doesn't change the fact that the suck.

Suck? I left them out because they were overpowered. They certainly did not suck. They were exp hogs, I left them out so I could keep the rest of my party at a high level. Laguz were basically prepromoted power houses. Kind of like Titania without poor base stats.

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 12:09:43 PM »
Hence, they suck.  If you over use them they suck all the exp from everyone else.  You'll kick some ass the beginning and middle of the game, but come the end you'll be in trouble because your core team will be much smaller and/or underleveled.  In the later levels the CPU will butcher anyone Languz that's not transformed, which basically means they'll start dropping like flies and you'll be screwed.

Offline PaLaDiN

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 01:23:41 PM »
Which just adds to the challenge, far as I'm concerned. That's the price you pay for using them too much.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2006, 01:50:53 PM »
This just reminds me that I need to get on the ball and continue playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.

Anyway, good news and bad news for me.  I love Fire Emblem, but RPGs wear me down.  Hopefully this is interspersed with lots of platforming/action games when it's released, so I down drag down with RPG slowness.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Galford

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »
Wasn't Sothe the level 1 thief you could find on the boat???
Wasn't the heron tribe the only people who had white hair in FE9?
Wii Code - 8679 5256 1008 2077

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 12:44:30 AM »
This game has a February 2007 release in Japan according to this poorly translated Nintendo World webpage!

Hype hype hype! Could we get this game in the U.S. around...oh I don't know... summer 2007?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline silverwings07

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 02:03:57 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon
This game has a February 2007 release in Japan according to this poorly translated Nintendo World webpage!

Hype hype hype! Could we get this game in the U.S. around...oh I don't know... summer 2007?

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

Awesome!  Though this scan, which has been around since mid-Oct., said the same.

I think the scan adds more evidence that Sothe and the mage girl (Mikaya, I think), are main characters if not Lords.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 05:27:12 AM »
I just finished Path of Radiance this past weekend.  While it was awesome, I wish they'd wait a little longer with this.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline UniversalJuan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 06:01:14 AM »
Are you crazy? You must be crazy. I need Fire Emblem games, new and fresh, every hour on the hour....what? I worship the ground FE walks on....WHAT?! It's only my #4 most anticipated Wii titled (1. Brawl, 2. Zelda. 3, Loli Golf err Pangya ;x)
They gave a war, nobody came, imagine all the fuss. They'd have to send themselves instead of...sending us. Yeah (People of the Generation - by Scatman John)

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
The greatest game of all time is Super Smash Bros Brawl.  It

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 07:27:22 AM »
This game uses the classic controller!
DON'T BUY IT!!!!

Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 07:53:22 AM »
I think Fire Emblem 10 is a great exclusive that needs to get out early in Wiis life, so that it has strategy and role playing games.

Nintendo needs to really pump a variety of exclusives with their games this generation...as early as possible.

Luckily, I think they are doing that.

Within the first year of Wii we should have atleast:

1 Exclusive Fighter (Smash Brothers)
1 Exclusive Adventure Game (Zelda)
1 Exclusive War Strategy (Battalion Wars 2)
1 Exclusive Fantasy Strategy (Fire Emblem)
1 Exclusive Platformer (Super Mario Galaxy)
1 Exclusive Racer (Excite Truck)
3 Exclusive Party Games (Wii Sports, Mario Party, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves)

I think you get the idea.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 08:17:42 AM »
I'm sure it's a good idea, I'm just personally fed up with RPGs.
Maybe I'll be ready for it after I beat Metroid.