Author Topic: NBA Thread: Brought To You By The Tampa Bay Raptors Of Toronto  (Read 674388 times)

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
Re: The NBA Thread: Now with more than just Warriors and Cavs!
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2016, 09:16:52 AM »
Steve Kerr getting a tech in the first few minutes of the game set the tone really. The Warriors weren't going to let Russ and Co. bully them, and it looked like they wanted to kill this rivalry as soon as it started.

I love how Russell wanted to troll Durant by wearing a photographer's vest as he came into the arena (KD is an amateur photographer, who knew?). Of course, he knew failure meant the internet was going to utterly roast him.

Warriors are still getting roasted on the glass, but man that second quarter was a thing of beauty.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2016, 10:01:01 PM »
These are the Warriors I like to see. Klay getting his confidence back, Curry just having a good time, Green riling up the troops and Durant putting it down inside and outside the key.

Really liking Clark too. If Clark had played in place of Barnes in the playoffs, and played anything like he is right now, W's might be a 2 time champion right now. I'm impressed by his output in the last 2 games. He just never had a chance to really shine last season since Kerr was holding onto Barnes so tight.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2016, 11:10:59 PM »
The Lakers defeated The Warriors by 20. Again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2016, 03:18:27 AM »

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2016, 10:19:22 AM »
That's beautiful.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2016, 01:46:24 AM »
Guess what....

just 1 game later....

He's baaaaaack!!!!

13 3's in a single game. Pushing Kobe out the record book, and securing another solo 3pt Record.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
Let's talk politics for a second....

Klay living that High Life.
(now legal in California)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2016, 07:24:44 PM »
Weren't the Warriors and the Cavs the teams in the Playoffs last year? I don't usually pay attention to NBA. I'm a "Suns in the Playoffs" type of fan. So, it's been a few years since I followed basketball.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2016, 09:39:55 PM »
Yes they were.
there was plenty of drama surrounding it, but the Cavs came out victorious in the end.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 08:42:16 AM »
Yes they were.
there was plenty of drama surrounding it, but the Cavs came out victorious in the end.

That's a new and interesting way of saying the Warriors blew a 3-1 series lead in the Finals.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 03:10:16 PM »
Yes they were.

That's a new and interesting way of saying the Warriors blew a 3-1 series lead in the Finals.

That was me avoiding the bullshit that sadly contributed to the Warriors blowing a 3-1 lead.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »
Damn Milwaukee is BITTER at the Warriors!! LOL

I bet this has to do with Bellavedova getting traded there from the Cavs. LOL
http://www.sbnation.com/2016/11/19/13688612/even-the-bucks-bandwagon-cam-is-making-3-1-jokes-at-the-warriors-expense

The Bandwagon Fan Cam is quite hilarious though.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2016, 01:43:31 PM »
I'm not sure a team that hasn't won a playoff series in like 15 years should be making jokes about anyone.

Again, I'm not even a Warriors fan, but since neither the Lakers nor the Sixers are likely going anywhere this year, all this 3-1 taunting kind of makes me want to see the Warriors steamroll through the playoffs and sweep the Cavaliers in the finals. I don't even want it to be close. I want a 16-0 playoff run and the NBA losing millions in advertising for that nonsense last season.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2016, 02:23:06 PM »
There is something fishy going on again this season involving the Warriors though.

2-3 games ago against the Raptors, the Warriors were up 12 with less than 2 minutes left. The Refs started blowing whistles on non-fouls. Kerr and the Warriors were obviously annoyed to the point of just having to laugh it off, as the fouls were ridiculous. No matter what it seemed like the refs were NOT ready to let the Warriors just kill the time off the clock so the game could end, as it was mostly decided already halfway into the 4th.

They called McCaw on foul on a 3pt shot where he didn't touch the guy, then they called Green for a foul on the shot when he got there too late to have even interfered. and at some point during this barrage of whistle blowing you hear someone yell out "The Spread is 6 points"
So now that DeRozan was able to continue his streak of 30+ points games (mostly from the free throw line this game... seriously, I think he had 34 pts and half of them were from the freethrow line - I think the Raptors ended the game shooting somehting like 40+ freethrows. it was ridiculous).
Long story short, Announcers even complaining on the "questionable calls being made" the Refs allow the game to end now that the score has come down to Warriors by 6.... covering the spread.

It was very blatant, and I think that's why Curry and crew just started laughing it off.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 12:46:48 AM »
Anyone watch the Raptors game? My above post I guess is more relevant to the Raptors being bet on than the Warriors after what happened just now tot he Raps vs the Kings.

Last second 3 pointer to tie the game, but there was a shot clock error where it started late. So the refs waive the shot and call the game over.

They didn't redo the inbounds play and reset the shot clock, they just straight up waived the points and then called the game OVER. YOU LOSE. Raptors go home.

That is fucked up.
I didn't get to watch the game, but I need to see highlights now. I imagine there is gonna be some controversy over that ****. I didn't hear a peep over the point shaving when they lost to the Warriors, but surely someone will talk about how that either should have been a redo, or an OT.

edit: I just saw the replay, and the Kings tipped the ball, but the clock didn't start till the Raps touched it like 1/4second later. Not the Raps fault the clock guy didn't catch the tip. They should redo the play and gamble that he won't make that 3pt shot again, or just let it go to OT.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:58:24 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2016, 09:50:10 PM »
Damn we gonna miss this guy

Obama calls out a crying Jordan as the Crying Jordan.jpg
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/801167294533550080

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 02:29:37 AM »
Tell me you saw this block tonight

Dray blocks the shot, and then knocks the ball back in Schroder's face, as he falls out of bounds.... Warrior ball. Play.Of.The.Game.

and then he followed it up with another defensive stop moments later, sealing what was actually a pretty terrible game from the Warriors stand point.

Warriors couldn't pass, catch, shoot, dribble, dunk, layup, or do anything right for most of the 1st 3 quarters. Luckily the Hawks weren't playing that much better

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2016, 10:35:17 AM »
I didn't see it live, but my phone was quick to tell me what happened. I love Draymond in the "He's an a-hole, but thankfully he's our a-hole" kind of way.

I'd be remiss if I didn't post these two spectacular T'Wolves dunks. Mad props to Alex Len for somehow surviving this attempted murder by Zach LaVine.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 12:54:14 PM »
That Wiggins dunk was good, but you're right, Lavine straight up assaulted that big man down low. Had a hand on the ball and everything. Didn't even matter.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 10:39:44 PM »
Cavs got their asses whooped tonite.

and gave way to a Shaqtin' a Fool moment of the night as well. LOL
https://vine.co/v/5UOimZqhMlM

During the game, while on the court, JR Smith decided he needed to step off the court real quick to say what's up to a homeboy during the game.... giving up 2 points on an inbound play.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:42:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2016, 08:50:25 PM »
Kings mopped the floor in Philly tonight!!!
http://deadspin.com/sixers-kings-game-cancelled-after-philadelphia-stadium-1789541232
unfortunately for the Kings, that doesn't mean they beat the 76er's real bad tonight.
I literally mean they mopped the floor in Philly tonight, because the 76er crew forgot to turn on the AC, so the floor started sweating....

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2016, 09:45:56 AM »
I didn't see it live, but my phone was quick to tell me what happened. I love Draymond in the "He's an a-hole, but thankfully he's our a-hole" kind of way.

That quote didn't make it through the end of the week...

Pictured: Draymond Green's natural shooting motion.

Further context: http://deadspin.com/draymond-green-needs-to-get-a-grip-1789596522

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
I...I...I don't even know what to say anymore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
I didn't get to watch the game yesterday, but Dray better find a way to calm those limbs.

You think they'll come back an retroactively flagrant foul him?
It's kinda funny though that a foul was called, and a tech was handed out, but none of it was related to Dray's flailing limbs... I hope Kerr pulls him aside and puts an end to this bullshit before it gets out of hand again.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 01:32:00 AM »
Nobody got anything to say about that Warriors game tonight!?

You know Jordan called Kerr halfway through the 3rd and said he better pull Klay before he gets too close to 67pts or he uninvited from the Christmas party, FOR LIFE.

I can't believe Kerr pulled Klay before the 3rd was over. I understand not putting him back in in the 4th, but he pulled him with 1:48 (or something close to that) left in the 3rd. That's just a shame as Klay was having the game of his life so far, and Kerr took that from him.

and this **** was HYPE as ****
https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/806001123521916928

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:29:47 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »