Gaming Forums > Nintendo Gaming
New North American (NPD) Sales Thread
<< < (132/134) > >>
joeposh:

Originally posted by: odifiend

Originally posted by: vudu
December sales:  14. Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 54,166
2005 total sales:  Metroid Prime 2 Echoes 139,029

That's weird.  The game was out for the entire year, but almost 40% of its sales are from December.

Note:  I'm not trying to answer Nosferat2's question; it's just a coincidence.
--- End quote ---

Not weird at all.  It was 10 dollars at Toys R Us and reduced everywhere else.  I even picked up a couple copies for my friends.
--- End quote ---

That was the very end of the month, and if that were true RE4 and Giest should have experienced sharp spikes as well. I'll agree that Metroid Prime 2's lower price tag played a role, but I also think it was a good pick up for Gamecube owners who passed on it last christmas (or for parents who were familiar with the name). As you can see, alot of other Nintendo franchises that don't really set the world on fire month to month experience sales spikes in December.

couchmonkey:
Anyone know what PS2 sales for Resident Evil 4 are?

I think Shadow and the other Sonic games sell well on Cube because it (GameCube) has a large fanbase of kids.  The name is well-known so the games sell even though they're not the best.  Cube fans might have better taste than others but it doesn't mean we're perfect.
odifiend:

Originally posted by: joeposh
That was the very end of the month, and if that were true RE4 and Giest should have experienced sharp spikes as well. I'll agree that Metroid Prime 2's lower price tag played a role, but I also think it was a good pick up for Gamecube owners who passed on it last christmas (or for parents who were familiar with the name). As you can see, alot of other Nintendo franchises that don't really set the world on fire month to month experience sales spikes in December.
--- End quote ---

Last I checked the end of the month was still part of the month and hmm... I thought 50K in december are the numbers Geist did.  RE4 is available on PS2 now 'expanded' so its december sales probably weren't as high on GCN.  I don't exactly know what you are trying to argue or add - people passed on it last xmas because it was still 50 dollars.  A low price tag did it.

IceCold:
Anyone know what PS2 sales for Resident Evil 4 are?.

I think in Japan it did quite well (as well as possible for RE games or games of that genre over there). However, in North America, it bombed..
stevey:

Originally posted by: couchmonkey
Anyone know what PS2 sales for Resident Evil 4 are?

I think Shadow and the other Sonic games sell well on Cube because it (GameCube) has a large fanbase of kids.  The name is well-known so the games sell even though they're not the best.  Cube fans might have better taste than others but it doesn't mean we're perfect.
--- End quote ---

I think that it just that all of the sega fanboys went to the cube for games when the dreamcast die.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version