Author Topic: Episode 426: Connoisseur of Chaos  (Read 19043 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 426: Connoisseur of Chaos
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 07:06:14 PM »
Gui is a man-God with the patience of a saint. He could assert his opinion more forcefully sometimes but I appreciate his restraint too. 
James can be tiresome. Not always. Take the note, James. More often, he's good.
Lindy's rogueish, devil-may-care laziness adds a bit of fun and balance. He's best when he's fully engaged and has something of substance to talk about which isn't as often as I would like, but we all got lives and jobs, so whatever.
Jonny is the glue, the captain, the venerable and sage host. Humble, intelligent, innate, irreplaceable. If he can be faulted, it is for not reigning in James during his "low" moments.

Snark for the sake of it is so old and boring. It's not why I listen. Jokes are funny, snark is pointless. And it's cheap, too easy. I expect better and cleverer material, if you're doing material at all. If not, just chat. We like that.
We're all guilty of snark. I get it. It's fun. It takes effort to not just be glib and stupid and trash stuff. Fight it! It's hard but worth it.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 426: Connoisseur of Chaos
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2015, 07:19:09 PM »
Gui is a man-God with the patience of a saint. He could assert his opinion more forcefully sometimes but I appreciate his restraint too. 
James can be tiresome. Not always. Take the note, James. More often, he's good.
Lindy's rogueish, devil-may-care laziness adds a bit of fun and balance. He's best when he's fully engaged and has something of substance to talk about which isn't as often as I would like, but we all got lives and jobs, so whatever.
Jonny is the glue, the captain, the venerable and sage host. Humble, intelligent, innate, irreplaceable. If he can be faulted, it is for not reigning in James during his "low" moments.

Snark for the sake of it is so old and boring. It's not why I listen. Jokes are funny, snark is pointless. And it's cheap, too easy. I expect better and cleverer material, if you're doing material at all. If not, just chat. We like that.
We're all guilty of snark. I get it. It's fun. It takes effort to not just be glib and stupid and trash stuff. Fight it! It's hard but worth it.

I think Lindy is perfect since the mic might be too crowded if he was always talking as well. Kind of like how a color commentator chims in here and there during sports games.

Jones just needs to dial it back a bit. If I hear the word “garbage” one more time I’ll smash my phone, on a table, covered with pillows.

Giu I think is a great and while I agree with Johnny about 30% of the time it doesn’t matter because the guy is clearly the glue and the wheel that keeps car running and in place.