Community Forums > NWR Mafia Games

Future Mafia Games

<< < (242/247) > >>

nickmitch:

--- Quote from: that Baby guy on January 25, 2020, 01:11:39 AM ---I didn't see any of this before I sent Khushrenada a gamestyle idea. It's non-traditional, but also not nearly as chaotic as the concepts I've laid out in the past. I didn't even realize he was hosting again.

Maybe he'll take a look and utilize it. Maybe not. We'll see...

--- End quote ---

Maybe we should have a separate thread in this board for new gameplay ideas.

BeautifulShy:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on January 26, 2020, 05:34:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: that Baby guy on January 25, 2020, 01:11:39 AM ---I didn't see any of this before I sent Khushrenada a gamestyle idea. It's non-traditional, but also not nearly as chaotic as the concepts I've laid out in the past. I didn't even realize he was hosting again.

Maybe he'll take a look and utilize it. Maybe not. We'll see...

--- End quote ---

Maybe we should have a separate thread in this board for new gameplay ideas.

--- End quote ---
All for this. If a thread isn't up by the time I get home I'll put one up. I know I could do it from my phone but I may want to add some of my own in the OP.

Khushrenada:
We've just used this thread before for throwing out possible game ideas. I think sometimes a person may have created a thread specifically for an idea in the Funhouse (ShyGuy's outline of a AAA Mafia game comes to mind) but there are plenty of times those were just floated in here. Spak-Spang would often post his ideas in this thread.

BeautifulShy:
That works.

that Baby guy:
Fiiiiiiine.

The game opens with a lengthy prologue.

Saturday morning, Smalltown, USA. A scream is heard. Dr. Doctorstein has just discovered the corpse of one of her oldest friends. Police Chief Copperton lays, dead from a gunshot to the head, gun in hand..

One by one, members of the town head to the station, responding to rumors and innuendo about what's occurred.

*Insert shock of the apparent suicide*

Then, in the discussion, a loud beeping is heard. Dr. Doctorstein turrns and looks under a pile of recent police reports to find a box with an alarm clock wired to it. The alarm beeps once more, and the latch on the box clicks open. Inside is a note. A note that reads...

""If you are reading this, I'm already dead. I only hope my words reach those dearest to me before it's too late. The (Stereotypical name here) family has infiltrated our town. They've been here for years, possibly decades. In investigating the town baker's death last year, I found an emblem (insert drawing of emblem here) that signifies its owner is a member of the ___ family. The baker had lived in our town his entire life, and his father and his father's father before him were bakers. He had this insignia. The ___ family could have been here all along, or perhaps they recruited him after coming to town. That is not important. What is important, is that through investigation, research, and deduction, there are (insert number of mafia members here) left in the town. You must work to find them out and eliminate them! Lynch them one by one if you must! If you found this note, they came for me. And if they know I know, it means they're coming for all of you, too. My only wish is that you care for my wife/partner,  Dr. Doctorstein.) I trust her with all my heart, and you all should too."

A few of the town members seem suspicious. A few call Chief Copperton a kook. Someone suggests he probably was in on the take, himself, and was killed for having a guilty conscious. However, the majority suggests he was just an old man, past his prime, suffering from minor dementia and major depression. Dr. Doctorstein announces she will be investigating the Chief's death, and will convene with the town at 11:00 am tomorrow at town hall, with information and evidence she gathers into the afternoon and evening.

The next day, the town meets at the town hall, which sits in a building that formerly was a bank. Clean, new timers are attached to dusty old safe deposit boxes that sit in the safe, and many townspeople remark about the renovation. 11:00 AM rolls around. Dr. Doctorstein is late. Fifteen minutes pass. Another 15. 11:45 rolls around, and a townsmember is sent to check in on the good doctor.

She's found in her lab with a knife in her back... Except, the lab has ransacked. Everything is in disarray. The doctor assisted the chief with crime-scene analysis, and all the tools she kept are damaged beyond repair. No discernible trace of information is apparent. The people head back to town hall, in silent shock.

They arrive near 2:00pm, and once more, there's beeping. A safe deposit clicks open at 2:00pm on-the dot. Inside, a letter from Dr. Doctorstein.

"To the people of Smalltown, if you're reading this, it's already too late for me. I was able to analyze the gun Chief Copperton held. I used the equipment in the lab and dusted for fingerprints. There were fingerprints. In fact, I found at least a partial print of everyone in town! There's a criminal conspiracy here. That afternoon, it dawned on me... Everyone is a suspect. Anyone could be part of this mafia. I realized I'm in over my head. I thought, 'What would Chief Copperton do?' And then I remembered! The dead man's switch! I spent my evening rigging up the dead man's switch in the old safe deposit boxes from when town hall was a bank. If... you're reading this, I never got the chance to explain, but these boxes might be our only hope. There's one for each member of the town. Each day, I hope you all will start talking to your neighbors. Gathering evidence. Checking and cross-examining for lies. Each day, you'll prepare evidence, and bring it here, to city hall, where you'll punch in a passcode for these boxes attached to a dead man's switch. Each day, you'll update your notes and suspicions. If, god forbid, you're taken out by the mafia the following night, and aren't able to put in the day's code, your box will click open, and your neighbors will have whatever evidence of who or what you were investigating to benefit from. I hope you understand. I'm retiring to my lab to do more research tonight. With luck, I'll have determined who shot Chief Copperton, and no one will ever have to read this letter. But if you're reading this, the neighbor next door is a suspect. You're a suspect. Avenge the chief! Avenge me! And... save yourselves."

--End prologue--

The idea behind the game is that there are no townie roles. The investigator is dead. The doctor is dead. The mafia is in control. With foresight, they prepared the town with everything they need.

Each day, before the end of the day's vote, townies would send in a message marked as their safe deposit box letter. This could contain screenshots of private messages, ramblings, or just about anything he or she thinks is relevant. If the townie ends up dead, the box opens the following day, and the whole town finds what this player suspected.

Additionally, members of the mafia all decide it would be best to store the evidence they are in the mafia in these boxes, as neighbors and townsfolk my demand to search their persons or houses. If they die, the box will open and reveal their identities.

Townies must also end their note, letter, evidence, or whatever they call it by selecting a person they trust the most who's left alive in the game. If a townie is voted out, their trusted person will gain an extra vote the following day. Should this player successfully vote out a mafia member, this player will gain temporary trust of the town, and will be allowed an extra vote the following day, until he or she fails to vote out a mafia member.

Since two players will die a night, usually, there will be two players with two votes each day after the first. However, in a few circumstances, greater than two players will have two votes.

I don't have the time to host a game, answering questions, organizing notes, etc. However, I think this could potentially be a great game that encourages townie involvement. The double-votes will also create opportunity for townies to scrutinize the actions players take. If someone wants to take this idea and run with it after Khushrenada's next mafia, they can. If you want further explanation on a concept, please let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version