Author Topic: Episode 145: 2016 NWR Child's Play Telethon Live Show  (Read 1728 times)

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Episode 145: 2016 NWR Child's Play Telethon Live Show
« on: October 16, 2016, 07:11:00 PM »

Did you miss the telethon this year? Do you want to listen to the Radio Trivia segment again, remastered with higher fidelity audio? Is this teaser shamelessly cribbing from last year? The answers to these questions and more, after the show.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/radiotrivia/43547/episode-145-2016-nwr-childs-play-telethon-live-show

If you're reading these show notes shortly after their publication date, then there may still be time to contribute to our fundraiser! You can find the donation link, as well as recordings of all of the telethon segments just as they were broadcast live to the world, on the official 7th Annual NWR Live Podcast Telethon for Child's Play page! You can also visit the official Child's Play website for more information on this fantastic charity!

Did you like this episode's game selections? Let your fellow listeners know in TalkBack! Think you've got a better choice that hasn't been used yet? Then send it my way and your request might be on the next episode of Radio Trivia: Podcast Edition!  Heck, throw in a question and specific songs if you want.  Just remember, it has to be a game found on a Nintendo system in North America (unless we say otherwise)!

Games featured in this episode:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U)
  2. 3D Picross: Round 2 (3DS)
  3. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)
  4. Axiom Verge (Wii U)
  5. Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES)

(Highlight the text above with your cursor to view it.)

::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 145: 2016 NWR Child's Play Telethon Live Show
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 06:09:56 AM »
Cool! I'll be sure to listen to this version first then skip this hour in the RFN feed  ;D

Btw, the Famicast is getting similar treatment as we speak!
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline Kobeskillz

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 145: 2016 NWR Child's Play Telethon Live Show
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 10:51:12 AM »
That super Mario 64 segment was brutal!!!!
 I'm playing it right now on my og n64 and the controls are great. The camera takes getting used to but it's fine just don't fight it. You have to adjust to it.

Anyways hearing that guy say this makes me happy I got s PlayStation was brutal. For what? Crash controlled with the d pad? I still think Mario 64 controls great.