Author Topic: Nintendo Announces Final Shipment of Super Mario All-Stars  (Read 2727 times)

Offline NWR_MattB

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Nintendo Announces Final Shipment of Super Mario All-Stars
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »

Gamers now have one final chance to pick up Mario's anniversary compilation. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25380

Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition was released on the Wii on December 12 last year and was sold out within days. Nintendo, aware of the situation, is preparing one final run of the game, due in stores on March 13.

The game includes four different retro Mario games: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario Bros 3. Each game features updated graphics and sound from the SNES version of Super Mario All-Stars. 

It also comes with a Super Mario History soundtrack CD, as well as a 32-page Super Mario History booklet. These two items can only be obtained through purchasing this limited edition package. 

For those who missed the boat the first time, don’t hesitate this time around. Nintendo has made it quite clear that this will be the final shipment of the game. 

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Announces Final Shipment of Super Mario All-Stars
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:27:11 PM »
oh sht. I hope that I can manage to find it this time.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:44:55 PM »
I kinda feel bad for the people who bought this on eBay for $80.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 05:20:39 PM »
I cannot believe I'm going to have to pre-order a game that came out four months ago.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:51 PM »
I cannot believe I'm going to have to pre-order a game that came out four months ago.

That's Nintendo for you. I still am not interested in it, because I have the NES cartridges around here somewhere, and they work fine on my clone. If I find it at Goodwill one of these days, I'll grab it just because I know it's going to shoot up in price again.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:27 PM »
These are not the NES games though, you do know that?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
Remember the people who thought this wouldn't sell...

Also, You'll be able to walk into a store and buy a Wii days after it launches...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
I am glad I picked it u[ the same week it came out rather than waiting.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 03:54:17 PM »
These are not the NES games though, you do know that?

Yes, I do know that. I just prefer the original versions to the SMBAS versions.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »
I can't say I'm surprised to see this, and it's nice for people who want it for the game. I'm still hoping it will have some defining difference from the first run though, even if it's just a different serial or version number.

Offline the_dan_x

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Next Door Gamer
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2011, 07:25:51 AM »
I can't say I'm surprised to see this, and it's nice for people who want it for the game. I'm still hoping it will have some defining difference from the first run though, even if it's just a different serial or version number.

While that would be cool, I wouldn't hold my breath.

It's kinda cool that people can get another chance to get this...I guess...I bought it and am constantly asking myself why I did. Here in Japan, you can still find the game on store shelves even though it's sold through nearly the same number of copies as it has in North America. I don't know if that has to do with the stores I've looked at having more copies than usual or if the Japanese market was allocated a greater allotment of units. It's just a bit odd is all.
Danny Bivens
Japan Correspondent
Nintendo World Report

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 01:05:42 PM »
I kinda feel bad for the people who bought this on eBay for $80.  ;D

It will go back up to $80, though. They could buy it on march 13th for $29.99 then wait for the supply to dry up and price to go up again then they can try to resell their $80 copy. They may not get all their money back after commission and everything is factored in, but they'd get most of it back at least.
is your sanity...