Author Topic: Mafia XLVIII: DC Universe. Sign-up thread! Hosted by Thatguy and Khushrenada.  (Read 22078 times)

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
John is damaged goods. He blew up a planet, killed everyone except one on it, and has recurring nightmares over it. (Some friction between some of the heroes on JLU would have been interesting though. And not caused by the immaturity of Flash. I would have loved Booster Gold and Blue Beetle on the team causing mischief in place of Flash acting like an overgrown boy.)

Meanwhile, I, Hal Jordan, took out a city, became evil and whooped everyone's ass, sacrificed myself to save the world, became an all-powerful force of vengence, and became human again. And I sleep like a baby. Taa daa! The bestest GL ever. And Batman doesn't like me.

I am not good at roleplaying, so I probably won't be commenting too often. I don't read the comics, but at least in the show it turned out John was framed for that and the planet was never destroyed.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Anybody wanna be The Spirit? He even got to team up with Batman once!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
LOL!

That's ok. I actually forgot about what happened on the TV show.

IF you are ever inclined, this is the story of how a planet blew up around John (and probably the inspiration of that episode):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Odyssey_(comics)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
At this point, though, the ring isn't entirely powerless against yellow.  Actually, I can't remember for certain, but it might have no weakness to yellow at all.  After everything happened with Hal and Parallax the first time around, a green ring's bearer had to know and overcome fear for yellow to be able to attack, but since Parallax isn't contained in the GL power battery anymore, that might not even be the case at all.

Of course at this point, there's a whole rainbow of lanterns to choose from, so no one said anyone had to stick to green.  I would imagine someone should look up the orange lantern, which focuses on avarice.  That could be a fun role to play.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Kyle Rayner's ring did not have the yellow weakness. Instead, the weakness was the stupidity of Kyle Rayner.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Speaking of Green Lanterns, someone should be Mogo.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I wanna be Night Wing.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
LOL
Let's just confuse the heck out of everyone who posts with a character.

There is Dick Grayson Nightwing, and there is Superman as Nightwing with Jimmy Olsen tagging along as Flamebait I mean Flamebird.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
And then there is current Nightwing, Chris Kent.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
I wanna be Night Wing.

Stay away from that alien bimbo.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
The one in the Red Hood animated movie. How's that for which one? The one who used to be a Robin.

Or maybe I'll just be the Lego Night Wing.
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
The one in the Red Hood animated movie. How's that for which one? The one who used to be a Robin.

Or maybe I'll just be the Lego Night Wing.

Do you mean Batman?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Nightwing is in the game.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 05:28:39 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
Oh, I just meant that the Red Hood Nightwing character is now Batman.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
In as Raven
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile

I am not good at roleplaying, so I probably won't be commenting too often. I don't read the comics, but at least in the show it turned out John was framed for that and the planet was never destroyed.

So, does that mean you are in for playing?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

Dick.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
When does the game start?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Sign-ups will close on Sat. Feb. 19. Roles will be handed out Sun. Feb. 20. The game will commence on Mon. Feb. 21.

Also, Prizes have been updated.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Roles have now been posted.

As of right now, we have a possibility of 14 total roles but only 12 sign-ups. *plays Price Is Right loss theme*

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
In as the Flash.

And whoa, those are awesome prizes.
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
    • View Profile
With two mafias, it'd be best if we have more players!.  We plan to have a story go up each day, either at the start of the day or mid-day.  Feel free to play as a villain, hero, or anti-hero.  And no, not everyone has to be a Batman character.

I'm just now getting my act in this together, since we had that long downtime, I've been pretty out of it.  We actually put most of this together back before the break.  Khush is being the hero and supplying the prizes somehow.

Tentatively, items for sale in the points shop will be based off of DC Universe items.  Moreso, this time around, players (Mafia and townie), will be able to share points to buy higher-priced objects. Trust and strategy will be key for townie players to purchase items easier than the mafia, since either mafia could probably pool their resources to capture a great item.

That's all from me for now, but you'll hear more in the future.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
    • View Profile
Would the mods allow an advertisement in general chat? "I'm giving away X Number Blackest Night Comics" Something like that?