Author Topic: Nintendo Selling Refurbished Handhelds   (Read 4521 times)

Offline Steel Diver

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
Nintendo Selling Refurbished Handhelds 
« on: April 29, 2013, 07:42:23 PM »

Now you can buy used and still give money to Nintendo!

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34056

The Nintendo Online Store is now selling refurbished Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi XL systems.

Currently, Aqua Blue and Midnight Purple 3DS systems sell for $129.99 standalone or $169.98 with a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D. Metallic Rose and Midnight Blue DSi XL systems go for $99.99 or $129.98 with a copy of Mario Kart DS. All of the products come with a one year warranty.

You can find these and other Nintendo products here at the Nintendo Online Store.

I'm a staff writer here at good ol' Nintendo World Report, but I also have a Nintendo website at www.nintendogamerthoughts.com

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Selling Refurbished Handhelds 
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »
i know the blue one was discontinued so this is one of the better ways to get one...

Offline DarthBrady

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
    • Another Crappy Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:30:30 PM »
Hmm. Interesting. I would have expected a better price though, the Dsi XL is only 10 dollars less than Gamestop. But I guess that's not too bad considering it comes with a free game (good ones, at that) and is refurbished by Nintendo, which may count for something in quality standards.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »
Hmm. Interesting. I would have expected a better price though, the Dsi XL is only 10 dollars less than Gamestop. But I guess that's not too bad considering it comes with a free game (good ones, at that) and is refurbished by Nintendo, which may count for something in quality standards.

Check again. GameStop has used DSi XL's at $110, the one Nintendo has for $100 has no game. The one that comes with a game is $130.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
not a bad deal but WHY do you want an XL

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 08:42:40 PM »
not a bad deal but WHY do you want an XL

Uh...because DS games look absolutely beautiful on it.  And because I don't care hardcore Nintendo you are, there is no way you have played every single great DS game worth playing.   Maybe you have all of them, but I doubt you've played all of them, unless you have a severe allergic reaction to JRPG's.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 09:10:31 PM »

Also, one-year Nintendo warranty.  And that Nintendo warranty is pretty sweet.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 09:22:15 PM »
And a refurbished console is better than preowned. I bought a refurbished iPad 3 for my mother and it is (for all intents and purposes) completely new.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 03:08:55 AM »
Toyota Certified Used program.

Offline smallsharkbigbite

• Score: -7
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 07:41:55 AM »
And a refurbished console is better than preowned. I bought a refurbished iPad 3 for my mother and it is (for all intents and purposes) completely new.

Gamestop sells refurbished consoles as well.  But definitely, Nintendo refurbished >>>>>>>> Gamestop refurbished.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Gamestop refurbished basically means they plugged it in and turned it on, and the screen may have been wiped down. This is great news from Nintendo. I'm surprised all three console makers didn't start doing this years ago.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 11:02:48 AM »
Exactly. They don't replace the outside shell and replace the screens like the companies who own the products do. They basically say that they "refurbished" product is guaranteed to work. It's like buying used but paying more and getting a warranty.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 12:23:59 PM »
Gamestop refurbished basically means they plugged it in and turned it on, and the screen may have been wiped down. This is great news from Nintendo. I'm surprised all three console makers didn't start doing this years ago.

Indeed. Some of us wouldn't bother with Game Stop for used stuff if we can get refurbished consoles this way. Now if only Nintendo accepted trade-ins...
Mission...complete?

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 09:50:19 PM »
between this and that newly announced Zelda, this might just be the push I need to pick up a 3DS.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Oblivion

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
Too bad there isn't a refurbished 3DS XL.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 12:16:13 AM »
No. **** Gamestop refurbished systems. I would never, ever buy a Gamestop refurbished system. I've fixed enough of them to know how horrible they are.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:19:31 AM »
I bought a refurbished Xbox from GameStop and it lasted several years (I eventually traded it in after I bought a Xbox 360).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:33:07 AM »
I should clarify - I would never buy a GameStop refurbished Xbox 360 or PS3. They do the same lame ass YouTube tricks that cause more damage in the end.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA