Author Topic: At least somebody at Nintendo's Marketing dept is sane.  (Read 16892 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
RE:At least somebody at Nintendo's Marketing dept is sane.
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2005, 12:35:22 PM »

Originally posted by: ruby_onix

So you're fine with Nintendo having two modes, "suck" and "blow"?

If Nintendo was the name of my girlfriend... Yes I would be fine with that, but I would like it if you could add a 3rd mode, "make sandwich" then I would be really happy  

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: At least somebody at Nintendo's Marketing dept is sane.
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2005, 03:39:50 PM »
Oh wow, I just saw a Gameboy Micro commercial.
But not this one.  It opens on a (quite cute) girl in a room.  She's wearing a pink floral dress, and her room (TV, wallpaper, bed, everything) is all decorated with the same design.  She walks down some stairs and through her apartment (all the same design) and goes outside.  All the walls and such are still covered with the same design (she's the only person around) until the rounds a corner and sees a glowing white wall.  She looks in and sees a Gameboy Micro with that same design as a faceplate.  It switches between a few and ends up on a camouflage design, then it shows a guy in camouflage in a camo world looking in on it.
I love watching a commercial and saying, man this commercial is really cool, I wonder what it's for, and finding out it's for a Nintendo product.  Same thing for the Mario Kart: Double Dash commercial.
Anyway, this was a really cool commercial, high production values and really cool overall.  Great stuff!
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »
I have to see this one to make a judgement, but it's really not looking like I'll find it funny. And it's just not true that the only bad Nintendo ads are the Nintendogs and SMS ones - they've been quite a few that haven't exactly screamed brilliance. Wait, that's too generous.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline mantidor

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2005, 06:55:36 PM »
now that I remember, the very first DS commercials were absolutely fantastic, why didnt they followed that path?
"You borrow style elements from 20yr old scifi flicks and 10 yr old PC scifi flight shooters, and you add bump mapping and TAKE AWAY character, and you got Halo." -Pro

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2005, 07:03:58 PM »
Huh... I saw a different GBM commercial while watching Arrested Development today.

Girl wearing pink flowery clothing, some weird music, girl's position warps slightly with the beat. Gets up, walks down stairs, out of the street and you realize everything you can see is pink and flowery. She goes into a shop and sees a pink flowery GBM, camera zooms into it, faceplate changes rapidly, settles on army camo, zoom out and see a guy wearing camo and everything around him is camo is well. Says something like "make it yours".

It was pretty cool, I had no idea what it was about until I saw the GBM.

Edit: Hostile Creation said the same thing. Come on! And yes, AD is amazing.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2005, 07:09:16 PM »
Haha, I said the exact same thing Paladin
Arrested Development, what a great show.
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2005, 07:33:10 PM »
"I understand; your son is more important..."
--       "Oh my God, you are Oscar.."
"dot com! "

Oh wait, that was last week

Yeah, AD is one of my three favourite shows on TV today - I love it. Interestingly enough, a few months ago (?) right here we were talking about Rev marketing and I said that it wasn't a good idea for Nintendo to advertise during the show because of the low ratings, and I also didn't think that it was the target market that Nintendo was looking for. Well, they did it anyway (must have been cheap).
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2005, 01:45:34 AM »
The mouse-humping commercial is supposedly a Canadian commercial.

Note that at the start of it, they say that they're measuring the "addictive" quality of the micro. Canadian Nintendo commercials seem to be trying to build a theme of equating Nintendo products with drug abuse and ruined lives.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline Miyamoto Osaki

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2005, 06:06:26 AM »
Ok Guys, well I just returned from Japan and I saw the Japanese Ad for the Game Boy Micro
As some of us know its Mario's 20th Anniversary, so they use this to show off the Game Boy Micro.

You see the anniversary symbol and then a review from a random person playing either Dr Mario or Mario, it’s an ok ad, and at least you get to hear peoples review in Japanese

Oh yeah, I got my hands on one while I was in Japan and im pround to have it, cost me a bit, but hey, at least I have one, which is from JAPAN brand new

And I like what I play
MARIO TENNIS!!!
gimme $5 and a can of mount dew, ill get the job done, give chuck norris a gud reason and he does it for free... including a round house kick!

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2005, 10:13:58 AM »

Note that at the start of it, they say that they're measuring the "addictive" quality of the micro. Canadian Nintendo commercials seem to be trying to build a theme of equating Nintendo products with drug abuse and ruined lives.

Jesus Christ, you're really looking deep into this commercial, aren't you?
Ruby, you're pullin' up bullsh!t, man.  Addictive qualities don't only refer to drugs.  It's just an innocent commercial that says the Gameboy Micro is more fun to a mouse than cheese is.  I mean, if the commercial were a crackhead choosing the Gameboy Micro over cocaine I could see where you're coming from (although upon reflection, that'd be a great commercial), but as it is you're just finding crap that isn't there.

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2005, 01:26:52 PM »
Here's a description of the three most recent Canadian Nintendo commercials that I can recall.

1: Random snippets of interviews with stunned people at a high school, who appear to know someone who has just died. The most distraught person seems to be a burnt-out/strung-out looking girl who claims to be the one who introduced "it" to the unfortunate victim in the first place.

2: Homeless guy who used to be on the fast track to success, but then back in the 80's he encountered a group of nerds with an NES in their dark basement, and now he's a homeless guy pushing around a shopping cart full of obsolete videogame systems, scouring the gutters hoping to find some new games for his systems, or some unguarded carport or someplace to steal electricity to run the games he already has.

3: The police launching a nightime raid on a dock, busting open a crate from Japan, and finding a stash of Nintendo products, intended for the streets, with a lot of talk from the main police officer about how the war never ends, and stuff like that.

I don't have a problem with the use of the term "addictive" in this latest commercial. It's just a tiny little link that illustrates a connection to this "theme" that Nintendo of Canada is trying to create (for reasons that are beyond me), that I didn't even notice until I realized that this was a Canadian commercial.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2005, 01:41:32 PM »
EDIT: I have been beated by Ruby Onix. O_O

Originally posted by: Hostile Creation
Jesus Christ, you're really looking deep into this commercial, aren't you?
Ruby, you're pullin' up bullsh!t, man.  Addictive qualities don't only refer to drugs.
No, umm... they really are like that.

Nintendo Canadian Commercials: Complete with misquotes!

(A distraught mother and father are sitting in a room, talking towards the camera.)

Mother: He used to be such a good boy, always staying out of trouble. But recently, he started hanging around with the wrong crowd, and one day, we heard them talking about... *cries*

Father: ...Mushrooms.

(This was for Paper Mario 2, I believe.)

(Another one, featuring a distraught, crying girl in her 20s.)

The first time he tried I was there, on his birthday...
*crying*.

I feel like it's my fault, because...

I'm the one...who bought it for him...*More Crying*.

Voiceover: This year millions of people will lose their loved ones to Metroid Prime 2...

My favourite one was about a dirty, unshaven, homeless-looking man, who goes around with a shopping cart containing a TV, and bunch of different Nintendo consoles, controllers and games.

He claims he became hooked on Nintendo as a child, and now travels around town, sneaking into houses so he can get the electricity he needs to play his games.

All part of Nintendo Canada's promotional campaign, warning everyone about the dangers of TMF.  

Offline Nile Boogie

• that is why you fail
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2005, 07:28:31 AM »
Less not we forget Nintendo has what many tend to think is the "Best Game Ad Evar" The 60- sec Metriod Prime commercial.  With that being said, "play on playaz"
Nile Boogie is...

0699-9217-4212-6889

Philadelphia Penn, 19130

Offline Don'tHate742

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2005, 12:11:42 PM »
Those canadian commercials are HALARIOUS!
"lol in my language that means poo" - Stevey

"WTF is your languange" - Vudu

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2005, 05:20:36 AM »
Sunny...blol...
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42