Author Topic: No DS Games from Rare  (Read 11403 times)

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:No DS Games from Rare
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2005, 08:34:46 AM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Touchscreen analog control = teh suck.

Sounds more like a "You suck at touchscreen analog control" issue to me...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
RE: No DS Games from Rare
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2005, 08:45:02 AM »
I don't need Rare.  I am having a great time with my DS without them.

Would they possibly make a good game.  Maybe, but I can wait for Metroid Hunters for my FPS fix on the DS.

Offline 1day

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2005, 08:54:06 AM »
check out Rare's main page at the bottom to find out that:

"VACANCIES

EXPERIENCED 3D ARTISTS (NINTENDO DS)
Good understanding of 3D packages (preferably Maya), strong modelling and texturing abilities, imagination and motivation are all required from anyone hoping to join our Develop award-nominated team in creating key DS titles.

3D ARTISTS
Must have imagination, motivation and a natural flair for creating detailed environments, characters or animation. Strong creative and technical abilities essential; previous experience with 3D packages (including Maya) advantageous. "

Offline hudsonhawk

• View Profile
RE:No DS Games from Rare
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2005, 09:12:39 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
hudsonhawk: No because it's impossible to judge where the center of the virtual analog stick is and therefore you're usually moving into some random direction instead of standing still when you try to center quickly.

Right, that's why when you need to center quickly you just lift your finger off the touch screen.  Voila, it's centered.

Perfect Dark might actually have a steady framerate on the DS, that plus touchpad "mouselook" == potential megaseller. They might decide to make a new FPS instead but the DS is clearly the best platform for console FPSs

It would be huge and a good way to reinvigorate the PD franchise, in anticipation of PD0 coming out.

Offline D-Mac Double

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2005, 11:01:18 AM »
I suppose this thread's title will need an additional "w" now.

Offline thepoga

• View Profile
RE:Now DS Games from Rare
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005, 11:47:15 AM »

Originally posted by: hudsonhawk

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
Touchscreen analog control = teh suck.

I thought you didn't have a DS?  What's your basis for this opinion, hearsay?

Touchscreen analog control works suprisingly well.  Mario DS controls almost as well with the thumbstrap as it does with the analog stick.

no.

But to respond to Ian, Perfect Dark and Goldeneye would work well obviously with the DS. Even better than the console versions probably.  

Offline Blackknight131

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005, 06:11:52 PM »

Perfect Dark might actually have a steady framerate on the DS, that plus touchpad "mouselook" == potential megaseller. They might decide to make a new FPS instead but the DS is clearly the best platform for console FPSs.

You forgot the key ingredient that would really make it explode: Wifi Network support. Whoever can get out a good solid FPS that can be played over Nintendo's forthcoming network will be richly rewarded.
Such a game is a good number of months off however, now that we know Hunters will not have the support.

It certainly could be Rare tho....still, seeing how the ad depicts Banjo, perhaps that is their hint. Rare does so love to be clever sometimes...

Offline Stimutacs Addict

• View Profile
RE: Now DS Games from Rare
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 06:51:00 AM »
i want to use my DS as my camspy in PD0 damnit!  that was practically a guarantee when PD0 was supposed to come out on the GCN.

also, Touchscreen analog control  requires one simple thing: discipline. You have to know where you placed your finger and  limit your movement to the target zone. once you start sliding everywhere it gets a little hairy, but guess what: if you cant control your thumb, stay out of the kitchen (aka you suck at teh life)
I'll shut up now...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 07:15:10 AM »
It's good as long as the center stays where it was and doesn't move around just because you've moved the "stick" further than maximum. That's like having your analog stick decalibrate when you touch the frame. Imagine playing SSBM and having to stop your move exactly at the edge of the movement radius...

Besides, it's a FPS, you don't use "analog", i.e. relative control for that. Mouselook, goddamnit!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2005, 02:23:36 AM »
Rare wants input on what games thaey should & shouldn't make...

Rareware.com

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2005, 05:20:17 AM »
I'd like more games that are great and don't miss their release dates and less bad games that get delayed endlessly, please!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2005, 10:41:21 AM »
I'd love to see Perfect Dark ported, I think it could work well on the DS.  The system is great for FPSs.  DK64 could still happen, Rare has been porting the DKC games for Nintendo on the GBA even though they're working for Microsoft, so why not?  However, who really wants to play DK64 again?  I mean, I personally liked it, but even I thought there was too much collecting in there.  Maybe if they tweaked the collecting a bit and made it easier to swap characters.

But what I'd really like are NEW games!  Rare is one of those developers that I believe cuold come up with some really outstanding ideas for the DS's extra features.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Babyboy8100

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2005, 11:13:31 PM »
Killer Instinct -  I would really just want this game from Rare....
Banjoe Kazooie - Maybe
Blast Corps? - Yeah
Diddy Kong?- Yes with Wifi
dare I say GoldenEye? Yes but we all know it cant happen thank to EA..
Perfect Dark - I would really hope so to help PDO on the xbox sell.
Conker BFD? - Hell Yeah.
Donkey Kong 64? Nope banjo-kazoie - banjo-toie- no more collecting 1 million bananas or coins im tire of it already. The GC version of jungle beat is cool though.