Author Topic: Kirby's 20th Anniversary Collection: What We Expect Out of It  (Read 2172 times)

Offline NdIGiTy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile

The NWR staff gathers around to decipher what Kirby games could be in the collection.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/30227

2012 marks Kirby's 20th anniversary. To celebrate, Nintendo will be releasing a special compilation disc of Kirby's best games for the Wii. However, the only thing we know about it is that it exists and that it is coming. What games will be in there, how many of them will be featured, what extras can be expected and other details are not known at the moment (though we may see an official announcement with video at E3 2012). With Kirby starring on so many video games in his career of twenty years, the staff members at Nintendo World Report have dediced to try and figure out which Kirby games have the chance to appear on the collection, and which ones might miss the chance.

Note that this is a purely speculative feature and shouldn't be construed as an actual confirmation. With that in mind, let's see what we have to say about this collection.

Offline famicomplicated

• The OG Japan Correspondent
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Kirby's 20th Anniversary Collection: What We Expect Out of It
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 03:02:49 AM »
This may even be unveiled tomorrow (Monday 4th) during the Nintendo Direct presentation!
If it is indeed a Wii disk, I'm sure they'd rather get the last gen stuff out the way, leaving room for a full Wii U game blowout during the main conference...
I am your (Fami)father.
Follow me on Twitter for some #hypertrollGET fun.
Troll with love, not hate.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:42 AM »
This article is missing Link's Awakening, which featured a Kirby cameo. :D
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline JRokujuushi

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:33:56 AM »
If you're going to go that route, you might as well say the article's missing Smash Bros. as well.

Offline Thaneros

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »
I'd buy it just for Amazing Mirror but I doubt it will make the cut.

Offline Altenweg

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:39 PM »
I think we are forgetting the obvious point. I doubt Nintendo is going to force classic controller use, so all of the games need to use just the wiimote. This is the reason why super Mario world was not in the Mario collection. Given this I think the collection comes into better focus unless they spend time reprogramming. I think Adventure and Air ride are almost assured and star stacker would be a nice addition to attract the hardcore Kirby fan. I have never played the SNES games so I don't know how they control.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »
This is the reason why super Mario world was not in the Mario collection.

No, I severely doubt that. The only version of SMAS that included SMW was released a few years after the original and was only available in a SNES hardware bundle.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:30 AM »
Wasn't it released about a year later?  Pretty sure the SNES bundles came out the next holiday season...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:00 AM »
Yes, you are right. Original was August 1993, the hardware-only bundle version was December 1994.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20