NWR Interactive > TalkBack

Pikmin 3, DLC Delisted From Wii U eShop Following Deluxe Announcement

(1/3) > >>

Shaymin:
It joins Tropical Freeze and the Bayonettas on the MIA pile.http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/54559/pikmin-3-dlc-delisted-from-wii-u-eshop-following-deluxe-announcementAnother retail title on the Wii U has vanished following the announcement of a Switch version.Pikmin 3, along with all of its DLC, were discovered to be missing from the North American eShop this morning following the announcement of Pikmin 3 Deluxe for Switch. Nintendo is not officially commenting on the removal, and some retailers are still selling the disc version of the game on Wii U at the Nintendo Selects price.Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze was previously removed from the eShop just before its 2018 launch on Switch, and the Bayonetta titles are also missing from the Wii U eShop. Other titles, such as Hyrule Warriors, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, and New Super Mario U + Luigi U, that came to Switch later are still available for purchase as of press time. The Bayonetta games are likely a licensing issue with Sega, while Pikmin 3 and Tropical Freeze were both sold for the Nintendo Selects price (US$19.99/C$29.99) until their delisting while the other titles are at the full Wii U price.

Mythtendo:
I understand why they do it, and it's not really gonna effect a lot of people, but it still sucks. What I especially think sucks is that anyone who does own the Wii U version won't be able to buy the DLC if they don't own it. At least they try to make the Switch version more appealing by adding additional content other than just the DLC (in the form of additional side missions).

UncleBob:
It seems like a really, really sleazy thing to do.

I get what Nintendo is thinking, but... How many people

A.) Have access to a Wii U
B.) Care about Pikmin 3
C.) Don't own Pikmin 3 already
D.) Can't find a used physical copy
E.) Own a Switch and will now buy the Switch version at full retail?

I feel like that subset of people is so small, it's going to be greatly overshadowed by the number of double-dippers.  There's being business-savvy, then there's being Scroogian levels of penny pinching.

nickmitch:
You'd also have to either have your Wii U still hooked up or care enough about Pikmin 3 to pull it out from wherever you're storing it to play.  Granted, more people may care with all the press for the port, but convenience is such a huge factor (so much that it's a selling point for the Switch).

Order.RSS:
Agreed with everyone, disappointing move from Nintendo. It's sensible as a business decision, and I'll even cede the amount of lost customers over this will likely be very low. And sure, maybe they'll reinstate it again and call it a "mistake" again.

But it's just a petty, greedy move, and I don't like the precedent it's setting. Doesn't really affect me, and in the grand scheme of the world's awfulness this is the least interesting hill to die on, but on principle I still wanna voice some displeasure here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version