Author Topic: Site Relations  (Read 2529 times)

Offline rodtod

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Site Relations
« on: March 10, 2003, 02:27:52 PM »
Hey, I was wondering what PGC's "foreign policy" is with other websites. As in, how well do you know the other big-name Nintendo sites and their staffs?

Has there ever been a friendly competition among various gaming site staff members? You know, have Ty challenge Gabe from Penny Arcade to a round of DDR. Maybe Billy could bust out with some old-school gaming skills in a Mortal Kombat (original) match?

Whatever you guys do, you should hold more, er, social events. E3 shouldn't be the only time you get to be among other gaming site peeps.
will the real rodtod please stand up, please stand up, please stand u-[SMACK!]

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Site Relations
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 02:39:17 PM »

Originally posted by: rodtod
E3 shouldn't be the only time you get to be among other gaming site peeps.

Well very few of us (even within PGC) live near each other, but we do see other folks at various press events.  I met quite a few people at DICE, including Raymond Padilla from GameSpy. I also see Fran from IGN at events and chat with him.  So yeah, although I can't speak for everyone, we generally get along well with other journalists. ("Journalists" meaning people that don't leech off our site by the way.)    
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
Site Relations
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2003, 02:56:46 PM »
I've met the Penny-Arcade guys a couple times, and they're always a riot.  I don't think there's anyone in the industry that doesn't love those "kids".  I usually run into folks from other sites at events and whatnot, and we usually have a good time.  It's pretty fun to get together with other folks doing the same thing, and just shoot the breeze over a few drinks.  There's really no reason to harbor any animosity towards other sites.  We're all just squirrels, trying to get a nut.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
Site Relations
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 07:11:24 PM »
I live in the same city (Tallahassee) as Ed McGlothlin of www.gameforms.com He's a prett cool guy. Hey Ed if you ever read this, I NEED MY MARIO SUNSHINE SLIP-COVER BACK!