Author Topic: To all Megaman, Shovel Knight and other great indie games lovers...  (Read 4318 times)

Hello there,

We are new on this board but still…

We are Box Hedge Games a small indie company recently created and composed of experienced game developers. We have been working in the shadows for a good year now on our first project and we will be launching a Kickstarter campaign in the upcoming weeks.

Our game is intended to all Mega Man lovers and/or anyone who enjoys playing great indie games such as Retro City Rampage, Shovel Knight, Undertale and Stardew Valley. NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition players are welcome too!

We are initially developing for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch and PC. The PS4 and Xbox One versions are planned for later.

We have pulled up a small website/teasing page, a Facebook page and a Twitter account.

http://www.boxhedgegames.com
http://twitter.com/BoxHedgeGames
http://www.facebook.com/BoxHedgeGames

We would be very grateful if you could share the news and/or those pages somehow via your website, Twitter, Facebook, etc… since we can’t afford a massive marketing campaign on our side.

We will keep you posted as we get closer to our Kickstarter announcement.

Regards and looking forward to showing you our game!

The Box Hedge Games Team

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: To all Megaman, Shovel Knight and other great indie games lovers...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:12:33 PM »
Looking forward too to see what you have

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:50:15 AM »
Although that's a pretty wide swath of stuff you think people would like your game over, but color me intrigued. you very much have the correct number of colors and correct tones used in your teaser image, especially since both the planet and the text utilize the same blue and cyan of Megaman. The little explosions are reminecent of Megaman 5's opening, and the font is awfully familiar too. as someone who's started studying a bit of Pixel art myself, I've got to say your work here has piqued my interest.

Color me intrigued. Unless your game is a roguelite.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 10:55:35 AM »
every champ ion has a story.

Seriously though I am interested.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »
Personally, I feel like I should ban this account and delete this thread for spam activity. Isn't that what this kind of is?

We would be very grateful if you could share the news and/or those pages somehow via your website, Twitter, Facebook, etc… since we can’t afford a massive marketing campaign on our side.

We're supposed to freely market your product for which we cannot confirm the actual quality or validity of just because you can't afford actual marketing? What have you actually done so far besides make a self-comparison to other highly regarded titles and franchises? Good luck with that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »
Personally, I feel like I should ban this account and delete this thread for spam activity. Isn't that what this kind of is?

We're supposed to freely market your product for which we cannot confirm the actual quality or validity of just because you can't afford actual marketing? What have you actually done so far besides make a self-comparison to other highly regarded titles and franchises? Good luck with that.

To be fair, they have been putting up more art stuff on social media as part of a hype-up package, and... I dunno, maybe they just didn't realize there's a website attached to these forums they could have given their press release to? I mean, The MM Network put up an article to stay tuned for this.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 12:13:31 PM »

Are there rules in-place about product promotion on the forums?  I err on your line of thinking, as this is literally just a post plugging a game they're working on.  Even if you go to their twitter, it's a month-old account with a linked Nintendo Life website article whose title and entire contents of said article read as if the developers drafted it themselves to promote a game that heavily looks like a MegaMan knock-off.

I know the forums are slow, but this is shameless self-promotion for a project that has little to no evidence of any real tangibility until there's at least a kickstarter, and more than that, maybe a beta or demo to discuss.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 04:07:34 AM »

Are there rules in-place about product promotion on the forums?  I err on your line of thinking, as this is literally just a post plugging a game they're working on.  Even if you go to their twitter, it's a month-old account with a linked Nintendo Life website article whose title and entire contents of said article read as if the developers drafted it themselves to promote a game that heavily looks like a MegaMan knock-off.

I know the forums are slow, but this is shameless self-promotion for a project that has little to no evidence of any real tangibility until there's at least a kickstarter, and more than that, maybe a beta or demo to discuss.
That's not the attitude that will make us the new neogaf.