Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 345233 times)

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
RE:Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1500 on: May 02, 2007, 06:31:32 PM »

Originally posted by: Arbok

I have this.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
« Reply #1501 on: May 02, 2007, 06:38:40 PM »
I didn't even know an anime existed... O.O

Is it good?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 02, 2007, 06:43:05 PM »
The quick answer: No.

The longer answer involves a needless explanation of it being horribly generic.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 03, 2007, 06:38:08 AM »
Adrock is correct.

But it did spawn some jokes about how Marth in SSBM should always have his goons around protecting him. Seriously, Marth was completely inept in the anime, but I assume he would have gradually become less inept as the episodes wore on.

Originally posted by: pap64
I didn't even know an anime existed... O.O

It doesn't exist, really. They made one pilot episode and either never made another or it only ever released in Japan after that and no one ever subbed it because it was so terrible, like the F-Zero anime.
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Dirk Temporo

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 03, 2007, 06:51:53 AM »
I too have the *cough* pleasure of owning that little VHS. It really is awful. They show him on the cover with his Falchion or whatever, and he never even gets it.
"You've had your dream old man. It's time to wake up!"
-Travis Touchdown

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 03, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude
Plus Roy is the star of what alot of Japanese fans consider, the worst Fire Emblem.  Roy is not very popular in Japan because of that, and sense his game was never released outside of Japan, there's no reason for him to remain.
You say FE6 is worse than FE8?  This is contrary to everything I have ever heard.  Most things I've read say that FE6 was just as good (if not better) than FE7.

Originally posted by: Adrock
Marth and Ike are the only two FE characters to star in 2 separate games. The only thing is that they kind of look alike and since Goddess of Dawn is the most recent title, I would expect Ike to replace Marth. Again, costumes would sort-of solve that, but then, purists wouldn't like that at all.
Seriously, if anyone has half a brain it's not too hard to guess who's "hidden" in the spoiler tags; with such a short name it can only be so many people.  Add some fluff around it, man!  .....like this......

You're lucky I already had this ruined for me months ago.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 03, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »

Originally posted by: vuduYou say FE6 is worse than FE8?  This is contrary to everything I have ever heard.  Most things I've read say that FE6 was just as good (if not better) than FE7.

From what I've seen from people that have gone on Japanese Fire Emblem boards, FE6 is generally the most hated among fans over there.  But it really doesn't matter which one is worse since the GBA Fire Emblems were ALL unpopular among the Japanese fans because they were considered downgrades to all the improvements made by FE4 and FE5.

That's why FE9 and FE10 are well liked by the Japanese fans because they finally brought back what FE4 and FE5 had.  
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #1507 on: May 03, 2007, 02:10:28 PM »

Originally posted by: Smash_Brother

It doesn't exist, really. They made one pilot episode and either never made another or it only ever released in Japan after that and no one ever subbed it because it was so terrible, like the F-Zero anime.

The F-Zero aired in the US. It was on Fox Box for a while. Fox Box, BTW, is now 4Kids TV.
BEHOLD!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: May 03, 2007, 04:34:35 PM »

Originally posted by: TVman
The F-Zero aired in the US. It was on Fox Box for a while. Fox Box, BTW, is now 4Kids TV.
BEHOLD!

And like I said, it was terrible.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 03, 2007, 04:35:10 PM »
Double post

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 04, 2007, 06:30:41 AM »

BEHOLD!

It wasn't the bad.  Also the Fox Box and 4Kids TV took the same spot but they were different.  It took a while for some of the Fox Box stuff to get to 4Kids TV, different companies, but also 4Kids got them Yu-Gi-Oh, for what its worth, and they are they ones who bring over Pokemon so I don't know how that will pan out...
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 04, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Ceric

BEHOLD!

It wasn't the bad.  Also the Fox Box and 4Kids TV took the same spot but they were different.  It took a while for some of the Fox Box stuff to get to 4Kids TV, different companies, but also 4Kids got them Yu-Gi-Oh, for what its worth, and they are they ones who bring over Pokemon so I don't know how that will pan out...

The English version of F-Zero was terrible because it was done by 4Kids, who's the worst dubbing company around.

Now the original Japanese version on the other hand was great for this scene alone, FALCON PUNCH!!!

Now as a Smash Bros fan you can't tell me that that wasn't awesome.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline anubis6789

• famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 04, 2007, 07:47:14 PM »
Thanks Luigi Dude for quite possible the most awesome thing to come from any Nintendo related animation series ever.

I am just happy they finally showed Captain Falcon face, and when you think about it Kent Akechi does look a little like him(obscure knowledge point for anyone who knows what I am talking about without resorting to looking it up (I actually did know this off the top of my head and it just came to me as I was watching that video, how sad is that? (Holy crap, parenthesis within parenthesis, I think this may be just as bad as dividing by zero))).

I also wonder if that version of the move with the huge galaxy shacking explosion, even though going by the comments left on youtube that was really some sort of reactor blowing up as well, is going to be his super smash attack.
"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is." - Francis Bacon

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #1513 on: May 04, 2007, 07:58:45 PM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude

Originally posted by: Ceric

BEHOLD!

The English version of F-Zero was terrible because it was done by 4Kids, who's the worst dubbing company around.

Now the original Japanese version on the other hand was great for this scene alone, FALCON PUNCH!!!

Now as a Smash Bros fan you can't tell me that that wasn't awesome.

Awesome!

As for the series, what annoyed me is that they decided to focus on a noob rather than on Falcon himself. Plus the CG races were crap.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 05, 2007, 04:22:28 PM »
*shrug* I prefer the Japanese version myself but you take what you can get.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline 14GALVEZJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: May 05, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL NEWCOMERS
BATTLETOADS
JIRACHI
DRAGONS TOADS
FLEA BEAR & QUACK

Offline 14GALVEZJ

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: May 05, 2007, 05:18:27 PM »
SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL NEWCOMERS
DOUBLE DRAGON
LOLO {KLONOA 2 & SUPER PUZZLE BOMBER
DRAGONS TOADS
FLEA BEAR & QUACK

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: May 05, 2007, 06:24:23 PM »
Man, Abobo as a playable SSBB character? The internet would melt from the awesome.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: May 07, 2007, 06:32:07 AM »

Originally posted by: Luigi Dude Now as a Smash Bros fan you can't tell me that that wasn't awesome.

Not a Falcon fan, actually.

I prefer the lower tiers.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #1519 on: May 07, 2007, 06:39:48 AM »
I have to agree Falcon is a very boring character.  Not just in appearance, but design in attacks as well.  

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: May 07, 2007, 08:10:28 AM »
Falcon is awesome.  What in the hell is wrong with you people?

There's little more satisfying that Falcon Punching someone off the screen as Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: May 07, 2007, 08:40:59 AM »

Originally posted by: Strell

There's little more satisfying that Falcon Punching someone off the screen as Pretty Pink Captain Falcon.

Confirmed for Smash Bros: Pink Princess and Steel Samurai?!?!?!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: May 07, 2007, 09:56:26 AM »

Originally posted by: Kairon

Originally posted by: Strell

Confirmed for Smash Bros: Pink Princess and Steel Samurai?!?!?!

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com

I hope Steel Samurai has a mode to switch to the actor who plays him.

Offline Smash_Brother

• View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: May 08, 2007, 06:12:48 AM »
Phoenix Wright would be pretty damn funny for SSBB, but I'm sure Capcom would contribute Megaman if anything.

Also, if EBA don't make it into SSBB, I'll be terribly saddened.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: May 08, 2007, 06:23:26 AM »

Phoenix Wright would be pretty damn funny for SSBB, but I'm sure Capcom would contribute Megaman if anything.

Also, if EBA don't make it into SSBB, I'll be terribly saddened.

I sort of like to see them as an item, level, or event.