Author Topic: Hey yo  (Read 11541 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Hey yo
« on: January 31, 2003, 03:52:27 PM »
w00t, i made the first post in this forum

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 04:02:09 PM »
Just so we don't get out of hand, here ... This is the ONLY "firsties" post we're going to allow here.  All others will be deleted.  This isn't a competition.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Hey yo
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 04:10:33 PM »
eeep @_@

Offline Nik Jam

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 04:13:09 PM »
Uh.. I got the 4th post in this forum?
Nik Jam - I don't know. You tell me.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 04:54:36 PM »
I'm finally back on the forums =)
My computer just couldnt do EZboard.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Hey yo
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 08:57:13 PM »
Yeah i'm member number 31!
I was wondering though. how do we change our passwords?
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 09:04:51 PM »
Click the "Profile" button at the top.

Do note, though ... if you change your e-mail address, another randomly-generated password will be e-mailed to the new address.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
Hey yo
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 09:31:26 PM »
lol Thanks for that. i must've somehow missed it the first time I poked through my profile.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2003, 10:34:01 AM »
im wondering...what type of features will we haver i nthis new forum. It seems to load a tad slower...but it seems to have a cleaner layout. Will we have avatars or is that dead again?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2003, 10:51:25 AM »
I just won't ever leave I guess...

Offline Zach Adams

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2003, 12:43:20 PM »
No avatars work here, the forums just don't allow it. And if it did, the forums would go much slower.

Well... from what I can tell the new features are:

-When replying, able to see all posts in the topic
-Subscribing to a topic... err whatever that means
-Seeing the latest person who replied in the general area
-Some email/hybrid message sending thing. I used those before, private messages are pretty cool
-Search for topics (Great, cause you won't have to manually search now obviously)
-See if the user is online... which the old ezboard allowed but I don't think PGC did....
-Shows how many posts you have at the bottom of the page (Not for others to see though)

Anyway, thats all I can tell now from this Beta phase, but more features will likely be added when it is done, so we just have to wait. Anyway, what else do we need anyway, everything else is simply just cool

If any man says he hates war more than I do, he better have a knife, that's all I have to say.

Offline swimguy228

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 01:46:22 PM »
This is a very nice forum. I really think that I'm going to like it here. Good move PGC!
I pitty da fool who bought da Xbox. ~ Mr. T

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 03:10:46 PM »
This forum >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. EzBoard

No avatars kind of sucks though, but I can live with it.

Offline BlkPaladin

• View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Hey yo
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 03:55:28 PM »
I wonder if there will be page like there was on the pervious board before Ez.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Cujandy

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 06:44:50 PM »
I think "firsties" should be handled the same way as Fark.com.  Whenever somebody says "First post" or anything to that effect, it is posted five hours into the future, and automaticlly replaced to name a special body part.  It makes them look stupid, and keeps five people from saying "First post!!" when a thread is put up.  Just a thought.
Always do what you are afraid to do.

Offline Evilmanman

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2003, 09:22:06 PM »
Hello!
         at the end of the thingy we had to read when we sgned up and it said all your base are belong to us, does that mean if a leader of a country signs up that all of their military installments become property of planetgamecube? (Well, it's a social board, I'm allowed to be stupid).

Anyway, i hardly ever went to planetgamecubes last board and the avatar never worked for me. Hopefully i'll visit this one a little more often. But i think you should have more emotions, or at least a few nintendo orientated at least, because it is a nintendo message board after all. Just imagine instead of posting a smiley, it could be... A MARIO SMILEY!!!!!!!
THE SECRET IS ON THE EASTERN PENINSULA. I KNOW NOTHING. I AM ERROR.

Offline Zach Adams

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 10:08:55 PM »
Heh yeah, it needs some definate Nintendo look somehow.
If any man says he hates war more than I do, he better have a knife, that's all I have to say.

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2003, 10:59:18 PM »
I really like the new look. Sleek.

KICK ASS!

Offline "Sky"

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2003, 10:00:35 PM »
Hello . Sky here.

Don't know where else to post an intro and I'm not sure if introduction threads are allow so... I'm just replying to this I guess

I'm how should you say... a fan of PGC that never really joined the boards.

I believe SC5 posts here, or at least on the ez-board. He knows me well enough from another board

BTW, I really like the look of the boards and hopefully I'll get along with you all well.

Just some background information:
I am an 18 year old male who has been gaming since I was 3 or 4 (can't remember exactly). I played the Game and Watch back in the day but never really got into gaming until my father bought me an NES. Ever since then I've become a video game fan. The consoles I own are: Nintendo Entertainment System, Game Boy, Genesis, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Game Boy Color, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, and X-Box. I am a PC gamer as well as a console one.
However, my Genesis is currently dead and I never got a replacement... (may that change soon although I keep saying that I'm going to replace it since... well... last year... and maybe the year before that). I'm also currently in search of a Saturn although

I haven't really been keeping up with the video game scene until around the year 2000 though but ever since then I've been trying to catch up on everything. I'm mainly a Nintendo fan but I consider myself an unbiased gamer and that I judge all games fairly and I buy and play games regardless of what system they are on.

Anyways... pleased to meet you all, may I get along well with everyone on this board, and I hope I can make it out alive when people find out I own an X-Box

Also... it's quite late so I guess I'll start replying to the different threads tomorrow... er... rather... today... or maybe another day considering my current time constraints.

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2003, 06:48:55 AM »
Hey, I own an Xbox too, Sky.  And I make a pretty good shield.  

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2003, 09:55:34 AM »
iv been on these forums about 4 years....i think 1999-2003. I started here when it was opn2000
the first few months only had like 30 people. This board already has 264 people...its been open only
a few days. Opn2000 was a bunch of elitests, ezboard was more fanboys then anythign else. This one
seems nice. I like the layout. It looks more proffessional. Maybe the look fo the boards will influence the
quality of the content.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline strat

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2003, 07:25:24 AM »
I love the new look and spped, but yeah, no avatars sucks... they were always my favourite part of forums.  Oh well... It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

EDIT:  Why can no PC's see this (?) symbol?  It pisses me off...
[] * []
Strat

Offline CanadianEh

• View Profile
Hey yo
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2003, 10:42:47 AM »
Hey, I like the board. Good job guys from PlanetGamecube!

Anyway, I figure i'll tell a little about myself here.

I've been a gamer since 1990, when I was only 4 or 5 years old. I started with a NES but quickly moved on to the SNES. I really enjoyed the Super Nintendo back in that time, and even nowadays I consider it to be my console of choice. In 1998, I dropped the SNES craze and finally moved on to the N64, just in time for the legendary Ocarina of Time. 2001 marked the year I bought a Gamecube. I started with only two games (Wave Race and Smash Bros) but now I have 8 games altogether for my Cube. In October, for the very first time, I bought myself a console other than Nintendo's. I bought a PS2. I consider the PS2 and the Gamecube to be The Perfect Combination. I also own a Gameboy, GBC, GBA, and soon to be GBA:SP.

I'm currently a moderator over at the Gamespot forums and have been one for about 4 months now. It's a great responsibility, especially when look at the fact that i'm only one of the 27 mods on a forum which has an amazing amount of members.

It's great to be here, and maybe i'll stay for a while. We'll see...
-:/| CanadianEh |\:-