Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104282 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #325 on: June 24, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
I have two of the machines (combat and fighting). Will send them to you. Happy Birthday!

Also got a dart board if you want that.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #326 on: June 24, 2020, 02:45:47 PM »
I have two of the machines (combat and fighting). Will send them to you. Happy Birthday!

Also got a dart board if you want that.
Thank you Stratos.  I checked my catalog and I do have the dart board. I actually had it in storage.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 24, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »
I actually need some.  I am making an 80s game room in my basement with arcade machines and games like foosball, pool tables and the like.  I have the foosball table and pool table and I need to check if I have any other items in my catalog that I can purchase...

I need the 3 arcade games, Combat, Fighting and Mahjong. Break Tapper, Pinball machine, snack machine, drink machine, tennis table.

Cool, I have the Mahjong arcade, so will send  you that! Also have the foosball table if you want 2 of them?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2020, 04:11:43 PM »
I actually need some.  I am making an 80s game room in my basement with arcade machines and games like foosball, pool tables and the like.  I have the foosball table and pool table and I need to check if I have any other items in my catalog that I can purchase...

I need the 3 arcade games, Combat, Fighting and Mahjong. Break Tapper, Pinball machine, snack machine, drink machine, tennis table.

Cool, I have the Mahjong arcade, so will send  you that! Also have the foosball table if you want 2 of them?

That will work.   I can always have extra and they don't use up that much space.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2020, 06:32:43 PM »
Apparently you can only send 2 letters to another person each day. So the rest will have to come tomorrow.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #330 on: June 24, 2020, 06:50:18 PM »
Apparently you can only send 2 letters to another person each day. So the rest will have to come tomorrow.
Yeah.   I mean I can open up my gate or I can come to your town if you don't want to wait.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #331 on: June 24, 2020, 10:12:15 PM »
I'll send over the pinball machine!
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2020, 12:21:11 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTek-d1Jho

Summer update is coming July 3rd!

• Swimming
  • Deep sea critters w/ ability to donate to museum
  • Pascal will return and give you mermaid furniture (possibly DIYs)
  • Guliver has a pirate outfit now (hopefully this is a return of the pirate clothes & furniture). No word on how this version of him will appear in relation to the original
  • A second Summer update is coming Early August
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #333 on: June 25, 2020, 01:51:07 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oTek-d1Jho

Summer update is coming July 3rd!

• Swimming
  • Deep sea critters w/ ability to donate to museum
  • Pascal will return and give you mermaid furniture (possibly DIYs)
  • Guliver has a pirate outfit now (hopefully this is a return of the pirate clothes & furniture). No word on how this version of him will appear in relation to the original
  • A second Summer update is coming Early August

Excited for the swimming, deep sea critters and mermaid furniture.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2020, 05:15:13 PM »
Swimming will be nice to have now that we're away from the shitty way that New Leaf handled beaches. I did not like swimming in that game because of how the beach was so segmented from the rest of the village.

My town is open if anyone is interested. I'll probably be mostly AFK.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #335 on: June 29, 2020, 11:13:36 AM »
Been a little bit since I played aside from my birthday but I am getting back into the game.   Everyone has been really helpful helping me with things.  I am still working on getting two villagers out but for now I am working n decorating around my island. Going to take some miles to get everything how I like the island but I am working on some things to make that a reality.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2020, 09:42:03 PM »
Looks like the Summer Update is live.   If you haven't played yet today then it should be an automatic update.  If you have you can update the software by pressing the + button and updating the software that way.    You can get a wet suit from the cabinet at Timmy and Tommy's or at the ABD machine for some Nook Miles.   

Time for some Summer Fun!!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2020, 07:01:34 PM »
Swimming definitely feels better than it did in New Leaf. I feel like you move a bit faster but overall it just feels more refined. I'm definitely a fan.

I need to test to see if I can put the wetsuit on a wand outfit and go swimming that way.

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 04, 2020, 11:59:37 PM »
I need to test to see if I can put the wetsuit on a wand outfit and go swimming that way.

You cannot, the utility of wands confuse me. 

Offline Shecky

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 05, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »
When it comes to sending gifts from the catalog to friends, can you not do that if you have multiple accounts registered?  When I choose "send as gift" I get the other registered residents and not my best friends or friends.  Anyone else have multiple users and notice this "bug"?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2020, 12:53:08 PM »
I was planning on hosting a catalog party Monday but things came up.

Our dishwasher leaked and damaged part of the floor/ceiling of our house. Now there will be workers here all week tearing floor boards out and running machinery, so not sure if I'll be able to host much this week.

@BeautifulShy, apparently the Nookling Brothers picked up on our conversations about cute furniture as they had a number of cute items in stock this weekend in blue. I set them all aside for you. Got a cute floor, cute mini table, and a lamp that isn't part of the cute line, but it is the same shade of blue.

A fun thing did happen this weekend. My Sister who still lives with our parents has her own switch and set up our retired mother on Animal Crossing and she's obsessed! She messages me all the time asking what to do. So we visited my other sister and her kids want to try the game, so I set them up and let them pick out some gifts for their grandma from my vast inventory and they wrapped them and went to visit her island. Was just the cutest thing to see my mother showing my niece and nephew her house.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2020, 09:32:34 PM »
I was planning on hosting a catalog party Monday but things came up.

Our dishwasher leaked and damaged part of the floor/ceiling of our house. Now there will be workers here all week tearing floor boards out and running machinery, so not sure if I'll be able to host much this week.

@BeautifulShy, apparently the Nookling Brothers picked up on our conversations about cute furniture as they had a number of cute items in stock this weekend in blue. I set them all aside for you. Got a cute floor, cute mini table, and a lamp that isn't part of the cute line, but it is the same shade of blue.

A fun thing did happen this weekend. My Sister who still lives with our parents has her own switch and set up our retired mother on Animal Crossing and she's obsessed! She messages me all the time asking what to do. So we visited my other sister and her kids want to try the game, so I set them up and let them pick out some gifts for their grandma from my vast inventory and they wrapped them and went to visit her island. Was just the cutest thing to see my mother showing my niece and nephew her house.

Sigh I dealt with flooding a few months back and it is not fun.   IRL issues take precident over New Horizons. Hope things work out Stratos.

But yeah thanks for looking out for the items Stratos.  I do know you can send 4 items to someone a day. Two if it is from the catalog and two if it via the airport letters.

Also good to hear New Horizons is catching on with your family.  It is like the perfect game for togetherness and fun in this time.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 08, 2020, 12:16:38 PM »
Thankfully the flooding is minor and insurance will cover it. Just sad to experience something like this a year into home ownership.

Okay, that's how you were sending more than two items to me in a day! I was ordering them from the catalog and then mailing them to you after receiving them.

My biggest complaint so far aside from QOL issues in the lack of an ability to make separate islands for each user. It should be more like Minecraft where you can create new words with any number of other players.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #343 on: July 08, 2020, 12:25:31 PM »
Thankfully the flooding is minor and insurance will cover it. Just sad to experience something like this a year into home ownership.

Okay, that's how you were sending more than two items to me in a day! I was ordering them from the catalog and then mailing them to you after receiving them.

My biggest complaint so far aside from QOL issues in the lack of an ability to make separate islands for each user. It should be more like Minecraft where you can create new words with any number of other players.
That is good that insurance covers it. 

Yeah I like the option of being able to order things for oneself and just being able to send things out to other people via the catalog.

I don't have multiple people on my island so I can't say I had that problem.  I do know there is a away to have seperate islands if there is multiple Switchs and I think one involves cloud saves.  I have a friend who has an island in the Southern and Northern hemisphere but I am not sure how he did it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:33:19 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2020, 12:29:32 PM »
I know its a bit of a long shot, but I am hoping that the save management feature they are working on will allow for people to have multiple islands.
My Game Collection

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #345 on: July 08, 2020, 12:34:49 PM »
When it comes to sending gifts from the catalog to friends, can you not do that if you have multiple accounts registered?  When I choose "send as gift" I get the other registered residents and not my best friends or friends.  Anyone else have multiple users and notice this "bug"?

I haven't noticed this but I only have one player on my island so maybe someone else can help you with this question.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 21, 2020, 03:55:41 PM »
Okay, I opened my gate for my mother so may as well let others come as well. I'm working, but my turnip price is 471.

Feel free to come take DIYs or fossils as I have too many.

If you want to go on the catalog journey (pickup and drop) that starts across the bridge to the right behind the Nookling Bros shop.

No gate code, limited to best friends. If you are not, request and I will add you (or expand it to all friends if needed). Don't take flowers without asking please.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: October 04, 2020, 01:45:04 AM »
I time traveled forward to finish the insect exhibit because I didn't feel like waiting 3 months to catch the last two bugs I need and through a combination of online trading and Time Travel/cheating I also finished the art exhibit.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2022, 12:20:42 AM »
Does anyone still play this game?

My daughter just got back into pretty hardcore, and is Nookazoning, and decided to switch to her primary account (which unfortunately isn't the main game account - long story... somewhere in this thread). Now she's looking to get 4 stars so she can get the construction stuff, and I also got her the Paradise expansion now that she's interested in playing again.

So what we are looking to do is some Turnip sales, and some Touch Trades for furniture we can't find (e.g. Castle stuff).

So who's still Animal Xing?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2022, 12:40:34 PM »
Does anyone still play this game?
So who's still Animal Xing?

If you look in the Multiplayer Chat in Discord, there are still some people playing.