Author Topic: Mafia 84:RE:CV NeighborDay 8-Let's just say I'm a ghost,Coming back to haunt you  (Read 68461 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Story

Results from Day 7

Insanolord was voted out and he was Albert Wesker. That was the last OG Mafia member.
Thus the Ashford Mafia took over the hit for the night and going forward each night.
The newly minted Ashford Successor targeted Steefosaurus and steefosaurus died.  Steefosaurus was a normal townie. 

Notes for todays game day

Same deal as yesterday with time of day length.  48 hours for Day 8. With 6 players alive majority will be 4 players voting for the same person.

Today is Alexia Successor hit day.  They can send me an message on here or on Discord with who they want to kill tonight. 

Claire Redfield can message me on here or on Discord their action and receive the results early if you wish to do so.

Steve Burnside can message me on here or Discord who he wants to save.

Leon S Kennedy can send me an message on here or Discord the message he wants to have me post in the day thread.  He will only get one Encrypted message each game day.

Everyone has received a PM if you have a special role or if you are a normal townie. 

Players amongst the living.

pokepal148
Mr. Bungle
TOPHATANT123
Nickmitch
Lolmonade
Mop it up

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:52:33 PM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
2 mafios left and 4 townies.  Still a delicate situation for us. One wrong move and it's a mafia win.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
2 mafios left and 4 townies.  Still a delicate situation for us. One wrong move and it's a mafia win.
Than let's get this right.

As most of you are aware, the detective has learned that Mop it Up is the former townie doctor turned Ashford Goon #3 who Stevey recruited during day 6, and Nickmitch is Ashford Goon #1 who was responsible for me learning Insanolord's identity from being one of insanolord's goons beforehand.

vote Mop it Up

With that, I am off to work. Godspeed townies.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:25:42 PM by pokepal148 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Considering that pokepal148 has not used his encrypted message power to prove his innocence, and is now turning on us, it's pretty clear that he is the one who has been converted.

That said, from the investigations we know that lolmonade is the OG goon turned Ashford, and appears to be the successor, so we should vote him out today to block the hit.

Vote lolmonade

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
Makes sense to me
Vote Mop it Up
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:23:39 PM by TOPHATANT123 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Makes sense to me
Vote Mop it Up
Excuse me, but I think you're forgetting that poepal148 had the role of Leon S Kennedy, a role which allowed him to send "encrypted messages" that the host would then post in these threads. When someone is converted to the Ashford Mafia, they lose any powers they once held. As pokepal148 has not sent an encrypted message today or yesterday to prove his innocence, it's clear that he has been converted to Ashford.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
What happens if the vote is split 3-3?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
What happens if the vote is split 3-3?

If the vote is split 3-3 and the day ends then a 30 minute tie breaker will occur.  Anybody can unvote or change their vote to one of the two players and that person is voted out.   If for whatever reason the tie isn't broken and the 30 minute period ends then I will randomly pick someone alive to be killed. 
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Considering that pokepal148 has not used his encrypted message power to prove his innocence, and is now turning on us, it's pretty clear that he is the one who has been converted.

That said, from the investigations we know that lolmonade is the OG goon turned Ashford, and appears to be the successor, so we should vote him out today to block the hit.

Interesting timing that you choose to wait until Pokepal is away to toss accusations his way like that.  If anything, the prior days events has shown if anyone is likely safe from being mafia, it's him.  It would also be crazy of Stevey to recruit the one person in the game with a role that can verify whether or not they're corrupted when they could instead quietly accumulate a normal townie more covertly.

I'll level with people since we're close to the end game.  I'm the townie detective, and I've investigated and been informed that Mop it Up is a part of the Ashford Mafia.  Let's put this to a close.

Vote Mop it Up.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:22:14 PM by lolmonade »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Vote tally is this currently

Mop it up- 3
lolmonade-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
And yet, pokepal148 has not sent a message to prove his innocence. Why would he not do this before making accusations, to prove himself? If nothing else, I would at least advise to hold off on voting until he sends in a proof message.

Since we are close to the end of the game and the game is likely to last 2 more days at most so everyone has a voice I am implementing an "everyone has to vote to end the day", whoever has the most votes once everyone has voted will be voted out. Reason I am doing this is because I have been told that majority is stupid and it gives players less of a chance to come back once majority is reached.
Please don't change the rules like this at the end of the game. Why shouldn't a player with the most votes have a chance to defend themselves, especially when there are so few players? If you want to change anything about the majority rule, get rid of it entirely and let these 48 hours tick by so we get a chance to discuss things. The change you're suggesting benefits the Mafia more than anyone else.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:00:18 PM by Mop it up »

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
If the vote is split 3-3 and the day ends then a 30 minute tie breaker will occur.  Anybody can unvote or change their vote to one of the two players and that person is voted out.   If for whatever reason the tie isn't broken and the 30 minute period ends then I will randomly pick someone alive to be killed.

Randomly pick one of the two people tied to be voted out? Or randomly pick from all living players?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.

Randomly pick one of the two people tied to be voted out? Or randomly pick from all living players?
All living players.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
It seems like making changes in the middle of the day upsets people. Who would of guessed😅.  Majority will remain for today but for tomorrow everyone has to vote for the day to end early.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
And yet, pokepal148 has not sent a message to prove his innocence. Why would he not do this before making accusations, to prove himself? If nothing else, I would at least advise to hold off on voting until he sends in a proof message.

I can't speak for Pokepal (haven't heard from him since earlier today in a Discord DM), but he made it seem like he wouldn't be getting back to his computer for a bit.  I can't send the encryption on his behalf, but this was our convo (worth noting the timestamps are CST, haven't talked to him since this early afternoon).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:50:40 PM by lolmonade »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Oh joy private messages in the thread.  In the past these are not allowed because they can be so easily faked but I am pondering if I should allow this message or not.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I think I am going to allow it because this game is about player choice and folks get to decide what to believe.

Players can counter the message and discussion will be had on what to believe and to get to the bottom of this game. 

So carry on.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
vote lolmonade

If Pokepal is "busy" then we would do well to NOT vote in order to avoid a majority trigger, allowing him to prove himself one way or another.

Pokepal also did not use his power yesterday because he could not.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:57:30 PM by nickmitch »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Oh yay another vote.  Lets see.

Vote Tally

Mop it up-3
lolmonade-2

Only one player hasn't voted today and that is Mr. Bungle.  Will Mr. Bungle create majority and the hour long discussion/unvote/change vote or will there be a tie and more discussion to be had till the end of the day?

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!

I can't speak for Pokepal (haven't heard from him since earlier today in a Discord DM), but he made it seem like he wouldn't be getting back to his computer for a bit.  I can't send the encryption on his behalf, but this was our convo (worth noting the timestamps are CST, haven't talked to him since this early afternoon).

Interesting that you and Pokepal are strategizing in a two person chat. Here's what we know:

>All townie roles are alive.  No death has revealed the investigator, doctor, or Leon.

>Pokepal is (or was) Leon.  He revealed as much publicly.

>If Pokepal was in a chat with anyone, it'd be the TWO TOWNIE ROLES remaining.  S

>>>So, he should be in a a three person chat, and not two.

>There are TWO mafia members left.  Both Ashford goons, one a successor.

>One is an OG mafia goon, converted. We know this because the OG mafia is no more without all original members being voted out.

>The other member MUST be a converted townie, could be a role, could not be.

>We KNOW Pokepal had a role.

>We KNOW if he was converted he would no longer have that ability.

>He hasn't used it since the last time someone was converted.

>>>Pokepal hasn't used his role and is now with the Ashford mafia.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'll level with people since we're close to the end game.  I'm the townie detective, and I've investigated and been informed that Mop it Up is a part of the Ashford Mafia.  Let's put this to a close.

This is a lie.

Mr. Bungle and TOPHATANT123 are both un-roled townies.

Lolmonade is was an OG mafia goon, and is the Asford successor.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Interesting timing that you choose to wait until Pokepal is away to toss accusations his way like that.  If anything, the prior days events has shown if anyone is likely safe from being mafia, it's him.  It would also be crazy of Stevey to recruit the one person in the game with a role that can verify whether or not they're corrupted when they could instead quietly accumulate a normal townie more covertly.

Stevey did that twice.  It'd make way more sense to grab someone who was capable of swaying the vote, role or not, and Pokepal was doing just that.  He has the trust of all townies and has had it for days.  He had to have been working with the doctor and detective because a) he survived a hit, and b) was able to find mafia members, until they got to him.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
I am just going to point this out... If there is a tie then I will put everyones name on the list and randomize it. The person at the top of the list will be the one killed.  With a tie there is a chance that the game goes to Day 9 if the randomizer selects a mafia member. There is a few other ways to win the game for the townies but it might take some hard choices for the townies and possibly one of them going down.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:11:02 AM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
Pokepal148 has been very active this whole game, it's tough to believe he would suddenly be busy when it matters most. If pokepal148 knew he would be busy, then why not send in the encrypted message earlier today to prove himself? It isn't like this is some arduous task, all he'd have to do is put in a single letter for BeautifulShy to post, as it's the act of posting the message that's the proof, not its contents. It could be done in 30 seconds. Considering pokepal148 still came back 50 minutes later to edit his message, he clearly had time to do this at some point earlier.

Also, lolmonade, if you're going to go the route of screen capping messages on Discord, can you please post one of a conversation you had with pokepal148 prior to today? And include the full screen, not just a couple of messages?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
36 hours left in the day vote tally.

Mop it up-3
lolmonade-2
Alexis, she/her/Miss