Author Topic: Miiverse Updates Coming Now Directly to You  (Read 3976 times)

Offline Daan

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Miiverse Updates Coming Now Directly to You
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:30:19 PM »

In other news, changes to the notification system and Code of Conduct.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/33235

Nintendo has updated their Miiverse service again and some interesting changes were made.

Users will now get updates direct updates from Nintendo, which are displayed in a special dedicated Miiverse community. In here, Nintendo will make announcements about their changes of the service, so that the consumer is constantly up to date. If you are in Europe, as seen in the video below, Marty from NoE will tell in various languages what to expect.

For this first ever announced update, Marti talked about the changes in the notification system. You will  now get messages once someone decided to follow you, which makes keeping in touch with them easier. After commenting on someone's post, you will no longer get notifications from everyone who isn't the original poster.

Regardless to posts, you can now only one once per five minutes on Miiverse. The change was made to prevent multiple posts from the same person appearing on screen. This won't the structure of the comments however, which will remain as they currently are.

Finally, some changes are made to the Code of Conduct, more precisely to the ''By Gamers, About Games'' section. Nintendo has decided that off-topic posts have no longer a place on Miiverse. They want you as user to stay on topic and remain relevant to the discussion. Furthermore, they don't condone openly asking for friend requests or pushing for agreement on a certain topic.

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Re: Miiverse Updates Coming Now Directly to You
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
I hope this isn't the interesting news coming, but even if so it's all good.

Staying on topic is good. So what does that mean for our pictures? Will my Smash Bros related stuff get deleted from Nintendo Land?
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
what abou funky barn

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
RIP Dafoe.

But good riddance to "Yeah if you think X is whatever" and "I need X more Yeah's to reach X number of Yeahs. Help!" posts.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:59 PM »
RIP Dafoe.

But good riddance to "Yeah if you think X is whatever" and "I need X more Yeah's to reach X number of Yeahs. Help!" posts.

ugh! What's with people desperate need for approval? I see this **** every where these days; facebook, reddit, now miiverse! At least reddit lets you vote negatively to keep that sort of **** off the front pages. I'm glad their doing this, I just hope they don't go overboard and get rid of some pics. Cater', your brawk stuff in Nintendoland should be safe since it's a game making an amusement park out of other nintendo games. What you should be worried about is that scum of the miiverse will try to make the NL community into the new Funky Barn community. Poor Kai..

applaud if you agree! I only need 81 more to reach 200!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Vahne

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 07:37:53 PM »
"After commenting on someone's post, you will no longer get notifications from people who aren't the original poster."

YES! THANK YOU NINTENDO!

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:30 PM »
I don't like the 1 post every 5 minutes restriction.  I have chatted back and forth with people in real time and that restriction would kill any possibility of doing that in the future.

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »
I don't like the 1 post every 5 minutes restriction.  I have chatted back and forth with people in real time and that restriction would kill any possibility of doing that in the future.

The change only affects posts. So maybe you can still chat through comments on a post?

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »
TeaHee

Look...Haaaaardaaa....

Damn you, Enner.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
This was probably brought on by the 60Hz complaints, or at least that is a nice side effect of implementing these changes.

Makes me angry. Nintendo are seemingly choosing to just ignore.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 08:49:26 PM »
Thanks, I missed the part about it being posts and not comments.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 09:11:18 PM »
This was probably brought on by the 60Hz complaints, or at least that is a nice side effect of implementing these changes.

I think the 60Hz complaints are legit though. As long as people don't start taking them to communities outside "Balloon Fight", they should be allowed to stay. They are on-topic and relevant to the discussion of the game.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline FZeroBoyo

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 09:21:08 PM »
Clearly done to hide the Earthbound begging in the (NA) Balloon Fight community!
This is where I would write something witty or funny if I had any ideas.

Offline Traveller

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »

I think the 60Hz complaints are legit though. As long as people don't start taking them to communities outside "Balloon Fight", they should be allowed to stay. They are on-topic and relevant to the discussion of the game.

Yeah, I'm hoping that's the case, but you never know with Nintendo.
Nicholas Bray - Australian Correspondent

Offline StrikerObi

• BanEditLockDelete Podcast Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Pixel du Jour
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2013, 08:30:17 AM »
So long, Funky Barn community of insanity :(

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2013, 09:43:35 AM »
I really don't think the complaints about 50Hz brought this on. They are a drop in the ocean compared to the "Please Yeah this" posts littering just about every forum I visited recently. It made trying to see if anyone got stuck in the same place I was in The Cave, for instance, very unpleasant. The ratio of off-topic:on-topic must have been 3:2.

Offline Fjurbanski

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 10:05:04 AM »
I guess a lot of people might hate these things, but I think the more "controlled" miiverse is, the better it will end up being in the long run. So many communities are overrun with trolls and people asking for yeahs that I will gladly sacrifice some things to get rid of them. There are limits, obviously (the one post every 5 min. may be a little overboard), but I'd rather it be like it is now than be like the troll-ridden community it could become.
Add me on Wii U. : ) --> FJUrban