Author Topic: Eternal Mafia Day II  (Read 20159 times)

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
Re: Eternal Mafia Day II
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »
Super was acting a little too obvious, Khush was telling people his role in PM.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2010, 11:16:04 PM »
I wonder if the killer is Sundoulos. Maybe Khushrenada had a real reason to vote for him. Maybe Sundoulos wanted to silence him before that got out of hand. I can't think of why the killer would choose Khushrenada unless he knew something that might lead to the killer's discovery.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 02:28:19 AM by Mop it up »

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2010, 11:37:23 PM »
Sundoulos thinks he's being framed.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
Khush plays Mafia fast and loose; he may have had a good reason for going with Sundulous, or he may have been doing it for the hell of it. The latter is probably less likely due to how new Sundulous is, but you never know with Khush.

There are a lot of new people in this game, which means it's more likely someone new has a big role, either for the townies or the mafia. I don't like to discourage new people from playing, and I doubt anyone else does (with maybe a couple exceptions), but the sheer amount of them in this game means we can't just blindly give them a pass.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »
Khush plays Mafia fast and loose; he may have had a good reason for going with Sundulous, or he may have been doing it for the hell of it. The latter is probably less likely due to how new Sundulous is, but you never know with Khush.

There are a lot of new people in this game, which means it's more likely someone new has a big role, either for the townies or the mafia. I don't like to discourage new people from playing, and I doubt anyone else does (with maybe a couple exceptions), but the sheer amount of them in this game means we can't just blindly give them a pass.

There is 13 people still alive in the game.3 new people are still alive that is their first game.It isn't like half of the people are new. So I think the odds show that there isn't a high likelyhood of having a role. Also I would think that a more experenced player would go after Khushrenada because they know what he is capable of.

Also you guys are agreeing with someone who is voting for Sundolous in this thread, jrlibrarian. He is a Mafia member the mafia members have no way of knowing exactly what role anybody has. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:59:31 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2010, 12:00:32 AM »

Well, to be honest, I wondered why Khush singled me out (other than the totally random reasoning he stated), hence my confusing questions about the bone thief earlier in the thread.  To clarify, I wanted to know if I was possibly infected without knowing, primarily because one of the votes against thatguy changed to Mop it up.   Note that when I had posed the question, I had missed the part of the rules that indicated that the Psychologist could also change votes.   I fail at reading comprehension, apparently.

Hopefully, if Khush had discovered anything, he would have PM'ed someone else more directly about it.   I had no idea of Khush's role, (and I didn't know whether he and thatguy were mafia or not); my own vote the first day changed to thatguy simply for convenience...I wanted to save my own skin.  Thatguy already had one vote from Shaymin, and since he voted with Khush against me, it was convenient to vote for him in order to get a tie.   

P.S.  I'm not sure that all of the Lindy icons could get any more confusing...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:13:29 AM by Sundoulos »
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2010, 12:07:53 AM »

There is 13 people still alive in the game.3 new people are still alive that is their first game.It isn't like half of the people are new. So I think the odds show that there isn't a high likelyhood of having a role. Also I would think that a more experenced player would go after Khushrenada because they know what he is capable of.

Also you guys are agreeing with someone who is voting for Sundolous in this thread, jrlibrarian. He is a Mafia member the mafia members have no way of knowing exactly what role anybody has. 

Jeez, calm down Maxi; you take this game too seriously. If you read what I said, I was actually arguing that Khush may not have had a good reason for voting for Sundulous, and that we shouldn't jump onto a bandwagon for him when we have much better evidence against jrlibrarian. The second paragraph was just me pointing out that, even though there are still way more veterans, there are more newbies than usual, so it's more likely than usual that we have someone new in a role. You seem pretty damn sure jrlibrarian's mafia, and you've got good evidence to back that up, and he's new; that's what got me thinking about that.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2010, 12:17:20 AM »
I just don't know why Khushrenada would be a threat to the killer unless he discovered who he is. Khushrenada is very good about sniffing out Mafia so I would think he'd want him alive, at least for now. The killer would want to eliminate the Mafia, too, as he could be hit at any time by them. They're his real threat.

Then again, I s'pose he might have thought Khushrenada was Mafia. That's very possible. I'm just thinking aloud since there's nothing else to do today.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »

Jeez, calm down Maxi; you take this game too seriously. If you read what I said, I was actually arguing that Khush may not have had a good reason for voting for Sundulous, and that we shouldn't jump onto a bandwagon for him when we have much better evidence against jrlibrarian. The second paragraph was just me pointing out that, even though there are still way more veterans, there are more newbies than usual, so it's more likely than usual that we have someone new in a role. You seem pretty damn sure jrlibrarian's mafia, and you've got good evidence to back that up, and he's new; that's what got me thinking about that.

I am calm Insanolord. I'm just playing the odds.Most peoples first games they are townies. Sure there is exceptions but they aren't that often.

jrlibrarian isn't new.This is his second game.I consider after the first game most people know how to play.

Edit: What is with Toruresu,shaymin, Insanolord,Plugabugz, and Nickmitch having Lindy avatars.

Kinda odd to me.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:40:37 AM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2010, 12:54:11 AM »
This is what's up with that.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2010, 12:58:11 AM »
Yeah I know about that.It just seemed that most people would have Eternal Darkness avatars for the game.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2010, 01:00:25 AM »
A Jon Lindemann avatar is perfect for a game about mental instability.

J.P. Corbran

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2010, 01:01:52 AM »

Burn.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2010, 01:02:23 AM »
Um I suppose I can't argue with you...

Why are you hidden Nickmitch?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2010, 01:10:08 AM »
Because a few games ago you were stalking me, and I've been too lazy to change it back.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2010, 06:09:45 AM »
I almost made Lindy icons mandatory for participation in this game because I saw the hilarity and confusion that was possible. In the end I just switched my own to aid in the confusion. Mantorok strongly encourages everyone to don Lindy masks to lower their enemy's sanity meters and ward off evil spirits of magick.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2010, 04:44:21 PM »
What time is the day going to end Stratos?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2010, 05:30:21 PM »
jrlibrarian isn't new.This is his second game.I consider after the first game most people know how to play.
What a crock. This is my fifteenth game and I still don't know what's going on.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2010, 07:31:29 PM »
You will notice I said most people. What is with the additude Mop it up?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:36:05 PM by Maxi »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2010, 07:34:37 PM »
You will notice I said most people.

I still don't think that's true. They may know the basic rules, but I doubt they have much of a grasp of the strategy involved.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2010, 08:33:51 PM »
I can't believe you just called me stupid! How dare you? How dare you!

Vote Maxi

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Please show me where I called you that because I don't see it.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
Seriously? How stupid do you think I am?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2010, 08:43:56 PM »
Your just trying fo get a rise out of me.Try again Mop it up.
Alexis, she/her/Miss