Author Topic: Wii Shop Updated with TurboGrafx Games  (Read 4591 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Wii Shop Updated with TurboGrafx Games
« on: November 21, 2006, 08:59:55 AM »
Now you can download Bonk and Bomberman '93.

Nintendo has promised frequent updates to the Virtual Console titles available on the Wii Shop, and the updates have already begun.  As of today, two TurboGrafx 16 games have been added to the shop.    

Bonk's Adventure is an action platforming game starring a caveman who attacks enemies with his huge, rock-solid head.  He can also use his teeth to climb walls.  Bonk can be played on the Virtual Console with the Wii Remote, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller.    

Bomberman '93 is an action/puzzle game starring the now legendary Bomberman character.  There are 48 single-player stages, plus the famous multiplayer battle mode for 1-5 players.  Bomberman '93 can be played with the Wii Remote, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller.  For five-player games, at least one of the players must use a GameCube controller, because Wii only accepts up to four Remotes (or Classic Controllers, which connect to Remotes).    

Each of these games costs 600 Wii points ($6 USD).  Nintendo has recently stated that new Virtual Console titles will become available every Monday after launch, so consider this a special Tuesday update before the debut of regular "VC Mondays".

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
RE:Wii Shop Updated with TurboGrafx Games
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 09:24:05 AM »
Cool, this basically confirms that up to 8 players can play at once, which is good news for Super Bomberman.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: Wii Shop Updated with TurboGrafx Games
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »
They actually allow the five player mode in Bomberman '93?!  That's awesome!  What an incredible attention to detail that is usually absent from quick 'n' dirty re-releases.

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 10:35:55 AM »
and wheres the internet channel! im still waiting! impatiently =oP

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 10:38:05 AM »
If I were to buy just one of these, which would you people recommend?
Thanks for listening.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 10:51:38 AM »
Do you want single player or multi-player?  

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »
C'mon Super Star Soldier!

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MarioAllStar

• Weird and Wonderful
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 11:15:13 AM »

Originally posted by: ShyGuy
Do you want single player or multi-player?

I'll probably end up buying both in time. My brother is visting home for Thanksgiving, so Bomberman might be neat to get.
Thanks for listening.

Offline therat

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 02:14:49 PM »
wheres gunstar heros?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 02:52:50 PM »
I'd love it anyone could confirm if the VC TurboGrafx games are coming to Europe and Australia. At the moment I don't think Nintendo Australia even know what the console is.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
I'd love it anyone could confirm if the VC TurboGrafx games are coming to Europe and Australia. At the moment I don't think Nintendo Australia even know what the console is.
Hmm.. They list S/NES, N64 and Genesis games, but no sign of TurboGrafx ones.. And here

One notable difference is present though - games from three Nintendo platforms of old and Sega's Mega Drive make up Australia's offerings, while the US, Japan and Europe will receive the addition of Hudson games from the TurboGrafx-16 (or PC Engine), at their respective launches.

Eight games from the TG-16 were announced for Japan, while the US and Europe will each receive five. The console, developed by NEC during the 16-bit era, was never released in Australia however, and as a result, games from the platform will likely never be available for download locally.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline blackfootsteps

• Recovering GoldenPhoenix fan.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 04:16:07 PM »

Originally posted by: IceCold
...The console, developed by NEC during the 16-bit era, was never released in Australia however, and as a result, games from the platform will likely never be available for download locally.

That reasoning is completely stupid, but this is NAL so what did I expect.

Personally I'm more likely to buy a copy of Bonk's Adventure simply because I have never played it before. I don't really need a fourth copy of Super Mario 64 etc.

I assume the same fate will await other games that never made it here such as Super Marioi RPG.
“I waited all day. you waited all day.. but you left before sunset.. and I just wanted to tell you the moment was beautiful. Just wanted to dance to bad music drive bad cars.. watch bad TV.. should have stayed for the sunset...if not for me.â€

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 05:00:55 PM »
fing retarded regions. I can't see why they don't expand NOA to cover Oceania. It is only a couple million more people to look after. WE SPEAK ENGLISH.

We would probaly see Super Mario RPG since they own everything to do with it. Unlike the other games they won't have to renegotiate or hunt down who ever owns ithe lisence.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2006, 05:58:54 AM »
Has anyone tried messing with the country option on their Wii?  It would be more than wonderful if you could just choose a different region and be able to download those game.  That might be too easy though.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Rize

• Disgruntled
  • Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 06:35:15 AM »
Some one tell me when konami releases rondo of blood

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 08:43:41 PM »
fing retarded regions. I can't see why they don't expand NOA to cover Oceania. It is only a couple million more people to look after. WE SPEAK ENGLISH.

And you use PAL.