Author Topic: Natsume Announces New IP Codenamed Project Happiness  (Read 1682 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Natsume Announces New IP Codenamed Project Happiness
« on: May 31, 2012, 08:02:51 PM »

The new game from the creator of Harvest Moon will be revealed at E3. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30374

A new game from Yasuhiro Wada, the creator of Harvest Moon, will be unveiled by Natsume at E3. Codenamed Project Happiness, the game is the product of a partnership between Natsume, TOYBOX and Rising Star Games. 

Wada left his position at Grasshopper Manufacture late last year, along with colleague Yoshiro Kimura, to form the new company of TOYBOX Inc. According to his presentation at this year's GDC, the game he is working on goes in "a completely different direction" from the farming mechanic in Harvest Moon. He also mentioned in a recent interview that he is currently developing for a portable game system.

"Project Happiness is an IP that is very close to my heart," says Wada, "and stems from years of working on other great titles like the Harvest Moon series." He goes on to say that "Project Happiness is not only meant to be a fun game experience, but I also want it to help expand the player's view of the world, and make them ponder what their life means to them." 

The game will be published by Natsume in North America and by Rising Star Games in Europe, and the companies plan to release more information about it throughout the year, beginning at E3.

Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Re: Natsume Announces New IP Codenamed Project Happiness
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
You haven't really unveiled anything when we still don't know the real name or even what kind of game it is, nor have we seen so much as a single screen of it.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 12:12:27 AM »
I predict this will come out a year from now in Japan, and then a year after that it will come out in Europe. Then if we're lucky, about 5 years later after a huge fan campaign and petition, Reggie may finally decide to bring it over to North America at the tail end of the Wii U's life cycle.
is your sanity...

Offline Thaneros

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »
Maybe a game about making your spouse happy   :P: :

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »
I predict this will come out a year from now in Japan, and then a year after that it will come out in Europe. Then if we're lucky, about 5 years later after a huge fan campaign and petition, Reggie may finally decide to bring it over to North America at the tail end of the Wii U's life cycle.

Reggie has nothing to do with it. As I said in the article, the game is being published by Natsume in North America, so unless NoA decides to deny approval of the game for no good reason they will have no effect on when the game is released.

There are already perfectly good reasons to be upset with the way Nintendo of America operates; there is no need to invent new ones for the sake of complaining.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline tendoboy1984

• KyTim 2: The KyTimening
  • Score: -42
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:13:32 AM »
Maybe a game about making your spouse happy   :P: : :

That would be pretty easy for most people.  ;)
Nintendo Network: tendoboy1984
PSN: PS_man1984
3DS: 2294-5830-5931

Offline TeaHee

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
I would be in a catch 22 then.  Because the game would have to be about not playing games to make my spouse happy so by playing it I would of course make her unhappy.  The point is she thinks I should play games less.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:23:51 PM »
I hope this turns out to be something interesting.  The first couple Harvest Moon games (SNES and N64) were absolutely brilliant games.  The series since then has fallen off a little bit, the Rune Factory games were an interesting idea and some of the others were decent but nothing has captured the magic of Harvest Moon 64.