Author Topic: Mafia 82: Resident Evil Mafia Day 2... You got a problem with death?  (Read 102504 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 82: Resident Evil Mafia Day 2... You got a problem with death?
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 10:00:11 PM »
So silenced going for two people voting against him might be premature.

Huh? I don't get what you're saying here.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 10:03:29 PM »
I'd hope not. If this is being seen as a mafia power grab, clearly the opinion on my overall playstyle is much lower than I thought.

No. It's more about townies tearing each other apart while the mafia doesn't have to get involved. Stay back and let the townies make incorrect bandwagons. I've been in a lot of votes where I was sure the mafia must be adding to them to make sure I was taken out and when the game was over, I was surprised to find out it there was one or no mafia members actually voting for me. It was just townie confusion.

Let's play fast and loose for a moment. I know I'm a townie. I like Silenced's reasoning on his vote. I'll say he's a townie. If I'm right that it is just townies voting for Silenced then MASB, oohhboy and Stratos are ok. I'm throwing nickmitch a bone here despite his accusations against me that he's also on the townie side. That's 6 players.

That leaves the following 6 players on the possible opposite side:

Steefosaurus
ShyGuy
lolmonade
ThePerm
NWR_Insanolord
Lucario

Now, one of those players I may or may not know who they are. (Tricky Khushy. Not giving up all his secrets just yet.) So, if half of those players are mafia then we've got a 50/50 shot at getting out a mafia member. Thus, the course of action is clear:

Vote lolmonade

Since you're cutting me some slack, I'll cut you some as well. I think it's best for me to just leave my vote as is in case I forget tomorrow, and I'll get to see the results of your current vote.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »

Wasn't silenced accusing three people including two who at the time were voting for him? I just don't think mafia pulling together this early with active townies would make sense. But you normally don't let me live this long.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2019, 10:08:35 PM »

Wasn't silenced accusing three people including two who at the time were voting for him? I just don't think mafia pulling together this early with active townies would make sense. But you normally don't let me live this long.

Ok. I said the same thing to Silenced earlier today when he accused the three early votes he had as mafia collusion.

You know, I'm willing to make a bet with you that all three votes against you are actually from townies right now and not a single mafia member. Guess we'll know by the end of the game but that's my take.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2019, 10:13:52 PM »
How much more time is left in this day?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2019, 10:15:08 PM »
How much more time is left in this day?
The day closes tomorrow at 10am AZ time. So about 14 hours and 45 mins.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
Them stacking the vote is unlikely, true. I don't like oohhboy popping up only to drop a vote on me, which they did not explain. Similarly, Insano not having any thought to add at this juncture is glaring and it doesn't help that he also was out of the vote yesterday.

As far as I'm concerned, the theory holds that at least one mafia tried to help stevey and the rest were MIA.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
So still a bit of time in the morning for crunch if needed unless a majority is miraculously created tonight.

Well, I'll be stepping away a bit now to make supper and watch tv but will check back in a couple hours. I'm ready to start having more private conversations via pm so if you are interested in dark back alley chats, feel free to drop me a line and we can talk further away from prying eyes as well. Definitely some people I'd be open to hearing more from as to which way the vote should be going but I'd be surprised if they reach out to me first.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2019, 10:25:46 PM »
I don't like oohhboy popping up only to drop a vote on me, which they did not explain.

I found it odd and surprising myself especially since I'll agree that I don't think you should be the target today. But I also see it as an uninformed townie (or killer) just throwing out a vote because they don't care about the details of an argument / theory and want to create havoc. (Which basically is the vote that kind of got things moving today so I guess mission accomplished.)

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2019, 10:29:25 PM »
I'm aware I can self-preserve here, I just don't feel confident in latching onto a Stratos vote for life support. They fit the inactivity bill, sure, but it also implies mafia was low-effort enough to subject two of their members to a three-way tie, odds on favor of losing a member.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2019, 10:38:44 PM »

Ok. I said the same thing to Silenced earlier today when he accused the three early votes he had as mafia collusion.

You know, I'm willing to make a bet with you that all three votes against you are actually from townies right now and not a single mafia member. Guess we'll know by the end of the game but that's my take.

Yeah. I gotta do better about posting before reading the full thread. Remember this strategy, kids: read threads before you post.

Disclaimer: I read no posts between the one I quoted and this post I'm typing now.

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »
Reading threads is for suckers.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2019, 11:54:07 PM »
I'm aware I can self-preserve here, I just don't feel confident in latching onto a Stratos vote for life support. They fit the inactivity bill, sure, but it also implies mafia was low-effort enough to subject two of their members to a three-way tie, odds on favor of losing a member.

Then tell me where to vote. You want me off of you? Should I move to MASB? At the time I could pop in you were the best shot to keep me from dying.

I make no excuses for being AWOL often; I don't have the time I used to to play the long, intense game these days. So I play fast and loose. I make quick judgment calls even when I have critical roles and chose people to align with for better or worse. One game I just decided to give my vote and killer ability to Khush even if he was mafia, and that got me killed in about 12 hours. A loss for him, I was dead serious with following him even if he was mafia. Another time I did something similar with Beautifulshy when I was the investigator. Turned out he was the Mafia Godmother, and if he had not tipped me off by blaming someone I knew could not have been the doctor I would have brought him into the townie alliance I was forming.

Other times it has paid off. I know it is hit or miss, but better to just pick someone to follow and give more power to one person/side instead of having a slow, dying, drawn out mafia end-game with half the players inactive. At least then I could make some impact on the outcome and make it more fun for others.

~EDIT~
I just checked the tally and looks like the heat is off me so lets have some fun: first person to tell me who to vote for I will change to tonight (no promises I will keep it there if something compelling comes to light before thread lock).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:56:44 PM by Stratos »
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2019, 01:00:09 AM »
Reading threads is for suckers.

Exactly! That's why Ian Sane would just come in and post whatever complaint he had about Nintendo regardless of what had already been said in a thread or if it was relevant! Screw reading what other people have to say, just take my word and opinion on the matter because it's the only one that's important here.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2019, 01:04:47 AM »
12 hours left in the day.

Vote Tally
Silenced-3
MASB-2
lolmonade-2
Stratos-1
ThePerm-1

I am heading to bed. Enjoy the rest of the night and into morning. I will be up in the morning to check PMs and the thread on any questions you may have. Night!
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2019, 01:07:30 AM »

Honestly, there are a couple times I remember where I decided to accept my fate at the judgement of the townies and let myself get voted out. It made no difference in stopping the mafia one game and I need to look up what happened in the other because I checked out after but I don't think it went well either. In the end, I'd rather fight and force the players to take me out or at least make the mafia / killer waste a hit on me especially if I don't have a role. The players may not want me around today but that could change tomorrow. Sometimes that meant having to vote out someone I didn't want to but it meant I stayed in and later won as I got more time and info to figure things out. No shame in self-preservation.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2019, 02:10:56 AM »
vote silenced
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2019, 06:17:07 AM »
Ah well, I guess this is the thanks I get for trying to galvanize the town.

Hopefully Khush isn't mafia, since this is in his hands at this point.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2019, 10:05:47 AM »
3 Hours left in the day

Vote tally
Silenced-4
MASB-2
lolmonade-2
Stratos-1
ThePerm-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »
Insano and lolmonade both not voting or offering anything of substance is rubbing me the wrong way. I don't know how there is nothing to add right now.

vote lolmonade, partially for self-preservation and partly since you promised a return and thoughts and have yet to deliver. If you've got input, let's see it.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2019, 11:34:40 AM »
A hour and 30 mins left today.

Silenced-4
lolmonade-3
MASB-1
Stratos-1
The Perm-1
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2019, 11:41:16 AM »
12 players left. 10 have voted. lolmonade and Insanolord are the absentee voters. Still have yet to see any good reason why Silenced is the current leader in votes.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2019, 12:02:22 PM »
Like other mafia games where I somehow gain the ire of the group., I find myself confused why i'm specifically a target, other than Khush deciding out of a pre-determined list of accusations that I'm most likely a mafia?  I guess in day 2 there isn't necessarily much to glean from activity, other than I didn't vote day 1, which I get, some might see as a way to avoid scrutiny by not taking any action.

Vote Silenced.  I expect a violent swing back towards me before the vote tally ends today, but I don't have many options considering how the vote tally is currently sitting.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2019, 12:04:22 PM »
Your mafia team is... drumroll, please...

lolmonade, Insano, and your choice of MASB/oohhboy.

You are all about to look very silly, though in hindsight I have no interest in playing a game where the town is so laughably low-effort.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2019, 12:08:01 PM »
D3 begins with the usual "Well, we voted for Silenced because he's weird!"

Keep in mind absolutely no one has an actual reason to vote for me today.