Author Topic: Animal Crossing 2  (Read 8594 times)

Offline gcnfreak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« on: May 08, 2003, 04:08:01 PM »
Animal Crossing 2 is very very very far away from being released, but I want to know what you think should be in it. I know that everybody would like online play, but what else? Do you think it would be cool to run your own buisness? Imagine what Nintendo could do! Tell me what you'd like to see in the new Animal Crossing. Also, do you think Nintendo would be able to get online play to work the right way? See, I'd like to be able to have your online buddies live in the same village. Also I think you should be able to build your house in any acre. Now wouldn't that rock? C'mon! You know ya want it! Okay, just tell me what you think Nintendo could do with this sequel. More insects? Fish? A shopping mall? Customizable characters? I could go on and on. So what do you want?  

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
RE: Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 04:19:28 PM »
Just around the corner? Dude, this game won't make it till at least another year in any region, and probably won't be at E3 either.

Offline gcnfreak

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 04:41:26 PM »
Ugh. There. I edited my post. Better?

Offline Armed

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 04:49:54 PM »
I want it to have elements from animal crossing1 + harvest moon(Not out yet, but seems really cool) and more!!
If you like to read comics click below
**My cousin made it, pretty cool**
"Bilaran Wars"-Click Me

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2003, 05:12:02 PM »
The ability to download old skool games you find onto an SD card so you can play them whenever you want from any GCN...

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2003, 07:42:22 AM »
An European release. All I want.

Offline KirbySStar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »
Use the SD Card to import images for signs, clothing, umbrella, etc.  SD Card to import short midi for the town theme song.  LAN implimentation to actually visit your friends town or do things at the same time or just plain online play.  

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 09:53:06 AM »
Online play would be great, but I don't want Nintendo to focus on that for the sequel.  I am almost certain that I won't go online just for this game (I can't think of a game I would go online for at the moment).  They need to work on a new graphics engine.  I was never one to complain about graphics but the lack thereof in this game is certainly disappointing.  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Ace

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 09:58:47 AM »

Originally posted by: kennyb27
They need to work on a new graphics engine.  I was never one to complain about graphics but the lack thereof in this game is certainly disappointing.

Kenny, you cant change the animal crossing graphics.  That's just the style of the game.  I really like the design but the characters could use a little work.
You say fanboy like it's a bad thing

Offline Gamefreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 10:08:06 AM »
He's not saying change the graphics. He's saying make them better You can have the same style with killer hardware pushing graphics....look at Zelda. AC was an N64 game...this time we want a GCN game.

Offline SmellySocks

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2003, 02:41:25 PM »
I would prefer to have features that don't require an outside accessory (such as the GBA/GCN link which Nintendo seems to love lately), but, hey that's just me.

I wouldn't mind them taking the game in a slightly different direction by offering brand-new locales that would affect game conditions.  Imagine a town that is in the arctic or a town located outside of a jungle.  You could also have a suburb that's located outside of a city or even an Asian-themed town.  And an option to "move" to another town would be cool.  I figure that you guys get the point though.
What's that smell?

Offline Okiva77

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2003, 04:23:46 PM »
simply put, i want more. MORE MORE MORE!!!
more items, more variety in villagers and dialogue, more variety in activities and events, more customization in characters, housing, etc., more variety in village and island geography, more NES games, more secrets, more variety in villager interaction and activity, more variety in museum, more intuitive item control, more variety in communication, more more more!!!

i'd also love more items that actually do something, like a trash can that could actually hold trash, cabinets and whatnot that held more than 3 items, stoves that fire up, more more more!!
also, stronger graphics, more random events, more music, more more more!

lastly, a huge wish is that i could somehow transfer my present AC town and/or character to the sequel, and then from that point add on to it. more!
AC info
Town:Zanzibar
Character:Johnny

"i'm walking through the desert, and i am not frightened
although it's hot.
i have all that i requested, and
i do not want what i haven't got."

(god bless you, sinead)

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 04:57:11 PM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
An European release. All I want.

ahem, A PAL Release would be better

Offline Pikkcuber

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 06:19:20 PM »
I would like to see super mario 2 and 3, in AC 2.Heres what i would like it sounds pretty far-fetched though.  You start out and instead of buying fishing poles and shovel you buy swords and shields.  You make freinds and over throw mayour Tortimor, and become king of your town.  You have to make decisions like how much money to spend on your army, and police force, and how high the taxes are.  All the while being vulnerable to a revolution.  But heres where it gets fun.  Its online so you can make alliances with other towns and unite your armys and try to conquer other towns.  I think that would be really fun, though it would be a drastic change for AC.  I would still want the NES games, and alot of different furniture, and fishing.
PikkCuber

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 08:58:11 PM »
Oh lordie.  I love the first game oh so much, and because I love it, I have dreamt of many and sundry changes for the next iteration.  It has so much potential, and believe it or not, it doesn't have to be online, although that would help, I admit.  Let's look at some.

1) Online trading/train visiting.  This could be very, very, very simple, like just having the ability to establish an internet connection to trade things.  I'm not really all that interested in some kind of MMORPG type thing, because I get so sick of dealing with people being jackasses online, and the first guy who trampled my flowers would find themselves getting a real scolding!  Still, online train visits would be supremely awesome.  But it'd be cool if they only let you visit every so often so that you weren't abusing it.

2) More hobbies/recreations.  I want to see more people doing more things in the town.  Bonfires with marshmallow and frankfurter roasting, sideshows, perhaps small circuses or carnivals (in the right scope, that is; nothing big), more work opportunities like, let's say, item delivery (JUST KIDDING!  Hahaha...), gardening, running mini-games, etc.

3) FASTER MENUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OHHH LORD!  *weeps*  Just a HINT OF INTUITION would help. Just a HINT.  I love this game so much, and the more you play it, the more you hate parts of it.  The menus are NUMBER ONE.  "Hello there!  *pause pause pause* What can I do for you?  *pause pause* *make selection* Oh, is that all?  *pause pause pause * [Long goodbye spiel]."  EVERY TIME!!!!!  *weep*

4) When there're things going on like games at the town fountain, I expect to PARTAKE IN THEM.  I refuse to stand by while everyone plays tug-o-war and I can't.  That's really disappointing, and it really makes you reflect on what exactly you're doing with your life.  And I don't want that.

5) Did I mention better, less talky, menus????

6) Of course more NES games, but that seems to be the overwhelming plea at this thread.

7) Allow to carry more items and to organize FASTER, EASIER, and BETTER.  This is a HUGE deal.

8) Nintendofy it.  I just basically want them to pour that special Nintendo magic all over it and blow away all the ideas we can come up with.  It's 2am and I'm going to bed.
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline LeylineMaster

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2003, 09:06:21 PM »
Hmmmm, more people in one village would be nice, but what i think should be most important is adding some missing elements of the first one. I was Uber bummed to find on "sports day" you WATCH the other animals play sports. More NES roms are important, but some mini-games would be more so. As far as a North American release, I see this as a game that is going to be relased in Japan for the Cube, realsed Stateside for the 2005 console, and relased in Europe god know when. Think about how much culture and dialouge have to be changed.  
http://www.talkgaming.com

the place to talk about gaming, erm, i gusse you can do that here too, but we have um less users so it's less confusing? (it's not not confusing than why am I consused?)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2003, 09:18:38 PM »
pikkcuber you and i should form a game company...or not..but you have like the exact same idea iv had for a game since god knows when.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Sean

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2003, 07:11:51 AM »
Perm, I hope you and Pikkcuber are kidding.  Those ideas are contrary to every facet of the Animal Crossing world.  It's not just a drastic change--it's a completely different game.  Alliances?  Overthrowing?  Yeah, and it can be called Animal Crossing: Irontown or something, and you hire peasants to work the mines and the blast furnaces.  And if someone gets out of line, you can cut their hands off.  Come on people.

I'd rather a slight update than that kind of "drastic change."
"I think that if the devil does not exist,
and man has therefore created him,
he has created him in his own image and likeness."
from Fyodor Dostoevsky's THE BROTHERS KARAMAZOV

Offline NintendoKiD

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2003, 06:57:08 PM »
So you say AC2 wont be out for a while? I really want to purchase Animal Crossing, should I pick it up now while its cheap? If AC2 is coming soon I'll wait, if not I'll go to Funcoland as soon as I get a chance. I need to get away from PC gaming and start playing my GC again.
Currently Playing

PS2 - Devil May Cry, Red Faction 2, WWE Shut Your Mouth.

NES - Legend of Zelda, Alien 3

Offline gcnfreak

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2003, 08:00:25 AM »

Originally posted by: SmellySocks
I would prefer to have features that don't require an outside accessory (such as the GBA/GCN link which Nintendo seems to love lately), but, hey that's just me.

I wouldn't mind them taking the game in a slightly different direction by offering brand-new locales that would affect game conditions.  Imagine a town that is in the arctic or a town located outside of a jungle.  You could also have a suburb that's located outside of a city or even an Asian-themed town.  And an option to "move" to another town would be cool.  I figure that you guys get the point though.

I agree with you on that. The fact that you have to get it in and out whenever you play is very boring and time consuming. I hate it! I can't see how Nintendo likes that idea so much. It is pretty dumb. Also I think moving to another town would be cool, it might mess up some aspects of the game though. I can't think of any at the moment. LOL! I'm very sleepy....

Offline gcnfreak

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2003, 08:06:49 AM »

Originally posted by: Pikkcuber
I would like to see super mario 2 and 3, in AC 2.Heres what i would like it sounds pretty far-fetched though.  You start out and instead of buying fishing poles and shovel you buy swords and shields.  You make freinds and over throw mayour Tortimor, and become king of your town.  You have to make decisions like how much money to spend on your army, and police force, and how high the taxes are.  All the while being vulnerable to a revolution.  But heres where it gets fun.  Its online so you can make alliances with other towns and unite your armys and try to conquer other towns.  I think that would be really fun, though it would be a drastic change for AC.  I would still want the NES games, and alot of different furniture, and fishing.

Pikkcuber, that would not be Animal Crossing...that would be WW2...with really bad graphics!

Offline evilnate

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2003, 08:48:53 AM »

Originally posted by: Pikkcuber

So you want Tropico with cute characters and NES games?  Gotcha...

Offline Kellk

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2003, 05:46:08 AM »
I want better AI; especially some rudimentary natural language processing so that letters would be more useful/meaningful to the gameplay.  It should be able to tell if your letter is well constructed vs. filled with grammar and spelling problems.  It should be able to tell if you used bad words, or happy and nice words.  It should be able to respond to rudimentary questions and be able to understand answers to simple questions in turn.  And the characters, of course, would react appropriately based on this information.
More than that would be amazing, but having that much would really step up the "communication game" concept to a whole new level.

Offline gcnfreak

• View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2003, 02:31:05 PM »
I would like to have the new Animal Crossing to be compatable with the GCN keyboard. I have one because I used to play Phantasy Star Online, and now I have nothing to use it on! If you could use it with AC2, I think it would help write letters....

Offline theRPGFreak

• OVERLORD
    • View Profile
Animal Crossing 2
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2003, 08:20:09 PM »
Ah yes Animal Crossing 2. This is what many gamers can't get to sleep with out woundering what will be in this game. This is what I think that should be in the game. First off, I think that this should be on the Gamecube2. Why? Because it would be a great launch title! Nintendo is going to need a strong line up against PS3 and Xbox2's lineups, so this could be a reason alone to buy the machine. Anyways, I think that seeing how it is called ANIMAL Crossing, that this game should alow players to choose what animal that they could be(you could still be human) and choose from size, weight, and color.
Another thing that the game should do is have online play. If so, you could trade items from all around the world, share designs, and have chat rooms. If so, you could either chat, or have voice chat(if on the system) avaliable.
I also think that there should be a bank where you could store items, money, and even patterns.
Another thing that they should do i shave a library where you could read old Nintendo Power magazines, and startegy guides. They should also put in a movie theater, and the other stuff that the characters talk about in the game.
Another thing that they should do is change the design of your house. Instead of 3 big rooms, there could be a room designed for a kitchen, bathroom, and your own room! You could even put poasters on the walls, disco lights, and download your own music for people to hear! Speaking of music, I think that your radio should actually BE a radio and you could listen to your favorite station while playing the game!
One more thing. Since Animal Crossing 1 has NES games, then SNES games should be in the next one!
Also that the shop should be open 24/7!
Oops, I wrote too much This is the RPGFreak over and out!
"I can't read...im not a loser."~Master Shake