Author Topic: Ace Attorney Mixes With Hatoful Boyfriend, Picross in Murder by Numbers  (Read 1362 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile

This 2020 Switch game combines a variety of interesting elements into something that should totally be on your visual novel-loving radar.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51920/ace-attorney-mixes-with-hatoful-boyfriend-picross-in-murder-by-numbers

Murder by Numbers is a visual novel coming to Switch in 2020 that looks to have a heavy inspiration from Capcom’s Ace Attorney series as well as bits of everything ranging from Picross-like nonogram puzzles to Hatoful Boyfriend.

The game comes from developer Mediatonic, directed by Ed Fear, who worked on the 2019 Switch release The Swords of Ditto. The characters are designed by Hatoful Boyfriend creator Hato Moa and the soundtrack comes from Masakazu Sugimori, who worked on the Ace Attorney series, Viewtiful Joe, and Ghost Trick.

Set in 1990s Los Angeles, this murder mystery adventure follows a TV actress named Honor Mizrahi who is accused of murder and has to investigate the case to clear her name. Gameplay seems in the same vein as the Ace Attorney series, with a heavy focus on exploring areas and talking to suspicious people. Honor is accompanied by a robot named SCOUT, who has the power to generate nonogram puzzles (Picross puzzles) that reveal clues when solved.

More information on the 2020 Switch release is set to come on October 19 at a panel at EGX 2019.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Ace Attorney Mixes With Hatoful Boyfriend, Picross in Murder by Numbers
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 12:34:20 PM »
Well, I'm intrigued.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Ace Attorney Mixes With Hatoful Boyfriend, Picross in Murder by Numbers
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 07:25:19 PM »
I clicked into here because I misread that as "Hateful Boyfriend."

I leave disappointed.