Author Topic: Disaster: Day of Crisis  (Read 56772 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Disaster: Day of Crisis
« Reply #150 on: September 25, 2008, 09:56:04 PM »
EasyCure I can't stop laughing.

Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #151 on: September 25, 2008, 10:24:48 PM »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 25, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »
EasyCure I can't stop laughing.

Don't thank me, thank the late, great John Candy.

oh and johnny boy deserves credit for the set up ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »
I was kind of sad while watching that video because of he died.He was a great comedian.

Did anybody see the chopper video?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2008, 11:53:47 PM »
Nope......I don't want to ruin this game. That's what happened to TP.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »
This now has an Australian release date of November 13. Same day as Shaun White and Rayman Rabbids TV Party. I'm hoping to get at least this and Shaun White.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2008, 11:47:44 AM »
Nope......I don't want to ruin this game. That's what happened to TP.

I'm with ya buddy. One video every now again is good but if you see too much of a game before hand, you start expecting things. Like you said, its what happened to TP. I kept waiting for scenes i'd seen in trailers or screen shots to happen and it ruined some of the experience.
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2008, 01:05:52 PM »
http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=4119

according to Amazon, Disaster is a hit in Japan.

Japan:
1. Disaster: Day of Crisis (Nintendo)
2. Wii Fit (Nintendo)
3. Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
4. One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 1 - Nami ni Yureru Hihou (Bandai)
5. Wii Sports (Nintendo)

I'm happy that this game wasn't ignored.
Who wants heroine brownies?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »
I am glad this game wasn't ignored as well.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2008, 02:11:04 PM »
anyone think we'll get a surprise next week and this game gets announced for a holiday release (speaking about the States)?

If so do you think it'll sell compared to some of the other stuff that'll hit for the holidays??

The few videos i've seen, and the score Famitsu gave it give me hope that this game will turn out better than i could of expected (wasnt expecting much), even if it doesnt have the polish it should for a game thats been held back as long as it has.

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2008, 02:14:40 PM »
anyone think we'll get a surprise next week and this game gets announced for a holiday release (speaking about the States)?

If so do you think it'll sell compared to some of the other stuff that'll hit for the holidays??

I hope so.  More games like this and less like Wii Music is a good direction.

Now all we need is for Miyamoto to bring back Project H.A.M.M.E.R.  It looked fun.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Why cant we have both games like this AND wii music?

If Wii Music is not for you, and you seam to make it clear that it isn't, then just ignore it and pick up a title like D: DC.

More diversity never hurt anyone

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2008, 02:21:06 PM »
Exactly EasyCure, both types of games can and do coexist. I wouldn't want Nintendo to continue either one in spite of the other. I think that Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and yes, even Wii Music have and will do beneficial things for the industry in the long run. Often times Miyamoto's genius is not readily apparent until the game is in your hands, perhaps Wii Music is one of those efforts.

There were many Wii Sports naysayers once upon a time and now the game is widely regarded as one of the best and most influential Wii games to be made.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Spinnzilla

• Hippie Kaiju
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »
Sorry about the slight Wii Music bashing.  I'll leave it out next time.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2008, 02:32:47 PM »
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the game is not a hit in Japan.  First day sales were only 10,000, and this isn't looking like the type of game that'll have long legs.

Of course considering how NCL announced the release date only 3 weeks before release, it seems like they weren't expecting huge sales in Japan though.  Since this game was obviously made with a Western audience in mind, it's going to be the North American and European sales that Nintendo cares about.

As long as NOA and NOE market the game right in their markets, I think the game has the potential to do well in the rest of the world.  Not huge Mario or Zelda level numbers or anything, but I could see it getting a respectable sized audience in the end.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #165 on: September 26, 2008, 02:34:24 PM »
Yeah, if there's anything to bash, it's Nintendo's nonexistent marketing for actiony games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 26, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
Exactly EasyCure, both types of games can and do coexist. I wouldn't want Nintendo to continue either one in spite of the other. I think that Wii Sports, Wii Fit, and yes, even Wii Music have and will do beneficial things for the industry in the long run. Often times Miyamoto's genius is not readily apparent until the game is in your hands, perhaps Wii Music is one of those efforts.

There were many Wii Sports naysayers once upon a time and now the game is widely regarded as one of the best and most influential Wii games to be made.

Sorry about the slight Wii Music bashing.  I'll leave it out next time.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, the game is not a hit in Japan.  First day sales were only 10,000, and this isn't looking like the type of game that'll have long legs.

Of course considering how NCL announced the release date only 3 weeks before release, it seems like they weren't expecting huge sales in Japan though.  Since this game was obviously made with a Western audience in mind, it's going to be the North American and European sales that Nintendo cares about.

As long as NOA and NOE market the game right in their markets, I think the game has the potential to do well in the rest of the world.  Not huge Mario or Zelda level numbers or anything, but I could see it getting a respectable sized audience in the end.

HUZZAH!

We're discussing games in a respectable way, GP can come back now!!!!

Spinzilla: its cool, i didnt mean to call you out on it.

Luigi Dude: What were Geist' numbers? Lets hope it beats that!

Edit: Pro's post doesnt count, his one liners never do (even if they are good)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 26, 2008, 03:24:06 PM »

Luigi Dude: What were Geist' numbers? Lets hope it beats that!

Well I can't remember exactly what Geist total numbers were, but they were quite low.  I think it's first month sales were under 20,000, and considering the Gamecube was dead when it came out, I doubt it had any legs.

So as long as Disaster can sell more then 20,000 it's first month in America, I'm pretty sure it'll do better then Geist.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 26, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »
*stays positive*

Speaking of Geist. I'd love for them to make another one. I think they could add more to the experience with some good wii controls, and maybe make it less of a FPS and focus on some more all around action (melle weapons, vehicles, more inanimate objects to use, etc.)

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 26, 2008, 06:39:05 PM »
Ah, Geist.  So much potential wasted on what felt like a mediocre PC or Xbox shooter.  It had its moments, though.

So is Disaster: Day of Crisis supposed to be any good?  I can't find time to keep up with and buy games (although a week or two of Phantom Hourglass was a nice return to form, albeit too brief), but this one has interested me from the start.

I mean, bears riding laser satellites like surfboards on a giant tsumani heading for a volcano?  Count me in.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »
I'll tell you what will happen with this game. NOA won't release it until 2 generations from now, as a downloadable title only. Then it'll be a time limited release.

Watching a video of the ducking and shooting reminded me of Winback. Definately is going to be odd after playing Gears of War and Uncharted, which have similar mechanics.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2008, 04:01:07 PM »
ahhh Winback.. that game was some decent fun. I remember having to argue with a friend who thought it came out for his PS2 first when i'd alreayd been plaing it on my n64 for a few years.

i wonder if i still have that game.. i want to play it again now.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2008, 04:07:11 PM »
ahhh Winback.. that game was some decent fun. I remember having to argue with a friend who thought it came out for his PS2 first when i'd alreayd been plaing it on my n64 for a few years.

i wonder if i still have that game.. i want to play it again now.

I rented in many times on n64. It's a great game. I bought the PS2 version for like 5 bucks of Amazon.
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »
was there any major differences in the two versions?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #174 on: September 28, 2008, 06:19:11 PM »
http://www.wipido.com/video/t4AfUbQi2qTk
^ shooting gameplay.

Well it looks like I was wrong about the shooting parts. It uses a on rails system like Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and House of the Dead.
Alexis, she/her/Miss