Author Topic: PGCs Effect on Nintendo's Userbase.  (Read 5780 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
PGCs Effect on Nintendo's Userbase.
« on: February 02, 2003, 01:16:07 PM »
Here you are, probably the biggest Nintendo fansite. Sure, theres proffesional gaming sites(though you are quite proffesional yourselves) but really it seems as though if your a Nitnendo fan and want to Talk about
Nintendo with other people this is the place to go. Like i said there is IGN... a bigger audience(but PGC has higher standards)but IGN is dominated by more general groups rather then just Nintendo fans(the idea is the overall topic areas desaturate the potency of their boards). Also, it seems as though those boards only reflect what these boards beleive. PGC sets the Nintendo forum trends.

So how do you go about managing such a thing. So powerful you have become. Really, i hope this new board can keep the moral up. This new board has started off on a very positive note; for some reason the other boards are dismal. Often times spammed by illiterate trolls and jaded whiney close minded bitches.
Lets keep the positive up.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline dilbert627

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 03:54:20 PM »

new board has started off on a very positive note; for some reason the other boards are dismal.

That's because all the fanboys haven't found it yet.    

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 07:02:26 PM »
very true indeed

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 07:17:01 PM »
Well, we've already had to ban one troublemaker, but other than that, I'd say this Forum is off to a great start.  Problem is, as the userbase increases, so does the signal to noise ratio.  Not much we can do about that.

As for our effect, I'm sure we're all flattered that you think so.  I'd like to think that Nintendo is starting to take notice as well, but sometimes it's very hard to get any sort of feedback from them.  Knowing that you guys enjoy what we do, and taking pride in our work is often enough for us.  But I'd be lying if I said that we didn't strive for more.  
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 07:55:28 PM »
Well, PGC WAS on the Nintendo.com survey.   It would be interesting to see the results of that question...

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 09:47:55 PM »
Yeah, I was just about to mention that myself.  Not to mention that Shiggy roves Pranet GameCube!.    Seriously, I don't think there's any way that Nintendo could NOT notice you guys.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Justin Nation

• Programmer, Senior Editor, Daddy
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2003, 01:28:26 AM »
And then people wonder why we set up strict rules and don't seem so interested in appeasing those members out for icons, colors, custom everything? I'm glad to see that we've managed to maintain the trend begun LONG ago in the day... and scary thing is we're looser now than we were then. If you make it about the content of what people have to say you hope the people with nothing worth saying will get bored and move back to their antics on someone else's board. My quote is for THOSE people.
Justin Nation
Resident Dinosaur, Occasional Contributor, Daddy
MAMEiac Gaming
Administrator, The Nintendo Switch Fan Community (Facebook Group)
"People are stupid"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2003, 06:24:32 AM »
yes im sure the near 10,000 forum users spammed Nintendo's Survery .
That was one of the things I was thinking about, they list you now. I think iv een seen you mentioned in a magazine. Hell, Microsoft considers you a pillar of the game community. You got to test xbox live. Makes you wonder if that was a result of the big word you gave them at the nascar thunder demonstration EA gave..ahahahaha

Offline manunited4eva22

• Got 1337?
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2003, 03:25:36 PM »
Omg He is alive...

Offline Patch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2003, 11:32:33 PM »

Originally posted by: RickPowers
 I'd like to think that Nintendo is starting to take notice as well, but sometimes it's very hard to get any sort of feedback from them.  

You know, it's funny you should say that. Even in Oz (where I'm based), it's difficult to get any sort of 'official' recognition from NOAus. I think they tend to shy away from fanbases, as odd as that seems. I tried to get a bit of support from them for the site I work for (GameBiz) and they declined without comment or justification.

I think it's interesting that it took this long for Billy to finally visit (or be allowed to visit) Nintendo's office in Seattle. One would think they'd appreciate the free publicity a little more.

Odd.  
Ex-Editor at GameBiz!
Ex-Editor of Xbox AU!
Freelance writer for-hire; self-proclaimed sexologist.

"...Do not fold, spindl