Author Topic: Super Princess Peach  (Read 34919 times)

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
Super Princess Peach
« on: October 28, 2004, 07:55:25 AM »
The game i always wanted...or never wanted...

Anyway, its a platformer in which Peach uses her umbrella to fend off enemies.....

Blah, the current princess peach is like the most annoying nintendo character ever.  Maybe they could do something special and make this game a lot of fun but I kind of doubt it.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Super Princess Peach
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 08:05:41 AM »
Hee hee, I don't get it... are you really into this idea, or are you being sarcastic?  Or is it that you like the idea, but you don't like how Peach has changed in the past few years?
Anyway, the concept sounds pretty interesting, how would you fit in the DS features?  What if you have to blow into the mic to create wind to keep her umbrella aloft?
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
RE: Super Princess Peach
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 08:27:53 AM »
I was kind of frustrated that it was being made cause Peach seriously annoys me...  As for DS features....the only thing i could think of is analogue control for floating..that would be pretty cool.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 09:25:36 AM »
I'm with you PaleZer0.  I want to do HORRIBLE things to Peach.  Her voice is just the right pitch that I'd rather have my arms widdled away by a cheese grater than listen to her.  Unless this game is absolutely incredible, I'm not picking it up out of sheer hatred of the main character.
A KISS IS ALL YOU GAVE ME? i HAD TO COLLECT 120 STARS AND BEAT BOWSER 3 TIMES!!
The mario rap by mike jones is the best.  
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 12:51:36 PM »
Well they started off on the right foot by going back to the Peach model they used way back when for Super Mario 3...I don't really like her newer look in recent games(Sunshine, Mario Kart, etc) so I'm happy...From the screens shown it looks to be another fun platform romp, which I'm not complaining about ONE BIT...In one it shows what seems to be a list of things the Umbrella can do, so I can't wait to see what they all are...

(Fun tidbit: This game has been high on my anticipation list since the trademark "Peach Hime" was shown to be registered by Ninty in June... .)
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 02:38:17 PM »
Is this a horribly bad joke or was this game really announced? Linkie?
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 03:07:27 PM »
hahha... its on the-magicbox.com..
---------------------

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »
Freaky. Should be interesting. Let's just hope she doesn't have that annoying voice she's developed over the years (I still think her original, Mario 64 voice, was the best).

Offline Molobert

• topo de oro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 04:42:42 PM »
the baddest mod in the whole damn town

sry, no direct linking  

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 05:37:48 PM »
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 06:37:10 PM »
Hey, that umbrella! Bet she uses that for her up+B attack in the next SSBM.
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline MaleficentOgre

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 06:40:55 PM »
I hope we get some wifi co-op with daisy

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 07:56:16 PM »
OMG

~~~~~

Anyway, I like Peach's recent hairdo more.  Sporty.

BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT DAISY IS BETTER.  My best character in SSBM is Daisy (Peach + Daisy color scheme).  The best, most versatile character in Mario Tennis 64 was Daisy.  Daisy has the best driver-switch quote in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!.  Daisy has a higher IQ than Peach.  Daisy Cruiser was a better stage than Peach "oh i robbed the delfinos of their land cuz I'm a stupid despot" Beach.  Daisy looks like the "original" Princess Toadstool from the Super Mario Super Show Cartoon (darker hair is teh better).  Daisy bends over lower in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour while Peach has that pointlessly mini miniskort that physically binds her spine  Daisy gold is better than Peach pink.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 09:25:27 PM »
Could this be what "The NEW Super Mario Bros." was turned into? Looking nice though I guess I'll play it muted (like every portable game).

Ruby: That game on the bottom right, "Another", what's that, a dating sim?

Offline ruby_onix

• Obsessive Sailormoon Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 09:40:55 PM »
No idea. I just hosted the pic so I'd be allowed to direct link to it.

The only Japanese I know is that yeah, it looks like it's title is "a na za-", or "Another". And that it's apparently for the DS.

The game images look more like an old-school text adventure than a dating sim to me, and the art style looks like the style of Atlus's Shin Megami Tensei (aka: "Persona") series to me.
Poor people should eat wheat!
I'm about to go punk up some 3rd parties so they don't release games on other hardware, ciao!
- Ken Kutaragi

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 10:11:16 PM »
"Another" is Ubi Soft's dating-adventure-pictorama for DS.  Not sure if it's hardcore-dating-pictorama, or simply dating, at all.

NEW Super Mario Bros. utilizes Mario64-style 3D models in side-scrolling formats.  This Peach thingy is, i don't know.  NEW SMB doesn't have parasols.

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 10:31:23 PM »

"Another" is Ubi Soft's dating-adventure-pictorama for DS. Not sure if it's hardcore-dating-pictorama, or simply dating, at all.

No, actually, you're thinking of Sprung.

Another is a Nintendo-developed adventure with text and stuff, part of a series that never made it out of Japan. In fact I think there's a few SSBM trophies about it.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 11:51:16 PM »
by golly, my mistake.  I didn't take a good look.

The Ubi title i was referring to is "Crush."  This one's a dating sim.  Tho the chicks in "Another" look better.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2004, 03:10:44 AM »
Another is gonna be the best game ever.. I seriously cannot wait for that game.  They better release it here or i'll be upset.
---------------------

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2004, 03:25:31 AM »
I was going to have to destroy you for not liking Peach, but you saved yourself with that last comment...

Peach is SO much better than Daisy, it's not even funny...

Offline Koopa Troopa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2004, 06:10:45 AM »

Another is gonna be the best game ever.. I seriously cannot wait for that game. They better release it here or i'll be upset.

No lie. I REALLY hope it comes to the US. Oh yeah, and um, to Australia too
"Plan Your Strategy. Build an Army. Trust No One."

Offline joshnickerson

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 07:34:08 AM »
Peach started getting annoying to me when she became such a ditz in Mario Sunshine. I wish Nintendo would bring up her IQ a few thousand points again, though I have to wonder if they did that on purpose to make Daisy's personality stand out on it's own (instead of being just a Peach pallete swap)
I don't know if this will make it outside of Japan though. If it does, I'm betting most guy gamers will get it through the descreet process of mail order...

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 07:41:01 AM »
I am really excited about this game.  I love platform games, and Nintendo providing us with New Mario platformers not using Mario is genius.  It gives us unique takes on the same worlds and fun.

Now we just need a new Wario game and we will have an awesome set of DS platform games.

New Super Mario DS
Super Princess Peach
Yoshi Touch N Go

I would also love a platform game where Luigi can go solo throughout the game.  

Nintendo is really impressing me by fleshing out all there characters into more center stage players instead of just sidekicks.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 07:41:21 AM »
"Could this be what 'The NEW Super Mario Bros.' was turned into?"

That would be like the stupidest thing to do ever.  Hey we've got this new side scrolling Mario game that people have waited nearly ten years for.  Let's replace it with a f*cking Peach game.  I mean I have nothing against Peach but that would just be pissing away American sales.

I don't mind Peach's voice at all.  In fact I think it's kind of cute.  It's Mario's voice I can't stand.  Nintendo became "kiddy" the second "It's a-me Mario!" came out of the N64.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 07:49:52 AM »
Oh, should he have some big buff macho voice?  Don't make me laugh...

(And ugh, this game didn't replace SMB DS...The trademark for this game was made right around the time of E3, hence making the showing of SMB DS pointless if this were the case...)