Author Topic: Emulation of the Nintendo Ds  (Read 10042 times)

Emulation of the Nintendo Ds
« on: October 26, 2004, 05:49:23 PM »

I'v Just been wandering about DS emulation, It would be realy hard to emulate the Ds's touch screen it propbly can't be emulated...
Just thinking Post your thoughts.
I Am Your Special Friend bob.
http://nintendodsnews.proboards22.com/

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Emulation of the Nintendo Ds
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:52:10 PM »
This is a good thing.

Oh, and expect this thread to get locked.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Edfishy

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Emulation of the Nintendo Ds
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 05:52:38 PM »
Simple.  One screen in the emulator would provide the top screen, the second providing the bottom screen, only with a half-transparent icon representing where your stylus/cursor is.  The cursor would be locked within the boundaries of the bottom screen so as not to have your cursor clicking on nothing important.

Hope this helps.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 05:57:08 PM »

Originally posted by: Edfishy
Simple.  One screen in the emulator would provide the top screen, the second providing the bottom screen, only with a half-transparent icon representing where your stylus/cursor is.  The cursor would be locked within the boundaries of the bottom screen so as not to have your cursor clicking on nothing important.

Hope this helps.

iThis Could be a way but presing six keys and moveing the mouse would be quite hard.
Yes it is good if the ds is not emulated! That means buying it is not a waste!

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 06:00:38 PM »

iThis Could be a way but presing six keys and moveing the mouse would be quite hard.
Yes it is good if the ds is not emulated! That means buying it is not a waste!

Heheh, emulation does have positive values you know.  It's especially useful for those trying to learn how to make games for the console in question, not just for pirating games to ruin the great companies that make them.

As for the six buttons, if you're using the stylus, than you won't be using six buttons.  You'd probably use W,S,A,D for movement, and spacebar for the "L" button, or the F key if you wish.  Your right hand would be used to move the stylus.

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 06:04:53 PM »
Yeah...I bet that's what the majority of people think emulation is for.  
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 06:07:46 PM »
Heheh, emulation does have positive values you know.  It's especially useful for those trying to learn how to make games for the console in question, not just for pirating games to ruin the great companies that make them.

As for the six buttons, if you're using the stylus, than you won't be using six buttons.  You'd probably use W,S,A,D for movement, and spacebar for the "L" button, or the F key if you wish.  Your right hand would be used to move the stylus.

You could use W,S,A,D for movement  but what about the "R' button And "A" & "B" Buttons, Yes You could Get help makeing games by useing emulators but they are widely only used to pirate Games and Make bootlegs of Games.

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 06:12:45 PM »
The DS buttons, A,B,X,Y, and R would probably be the keyboard keys, J,K,I,L and ;

Yes, I understand emulators are also used for pirating, much to my dismay, but don't just rule it completely out as used for pirating.  Only 75%.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2004, 06:14:31 PM »
You Would have to use 2 hands do youse all those keys

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2004, 06:21:33 PM »
Your left hand would be used for Up,Down,Left,Right, and "L", and your right hand would be used for A,B,X,Y, and R.  Just like the real DS.

Like the real DS, if you're using the Stylus, you'll only use half of the buttons.  Either the left half, or the right half.

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 06:24:28 PM »
Yes but in some of the games you just touch with your thumb and still use all the buttons

Offline Edfishy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 06:48:10 PM »
You could have the A,B,X,Y and R buttons mapped to a four button mouse, although that would play very awkwards.  If you were serious into the emulation & development, you'd simply use a real DS plugged into your PC.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2004, 07:04:55 PM »
Nintendo's got a rad Nintendo DS emulator coming out next month.

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2004, 07:11:51 PM »

Originally posted by: Infernal Monkey
Nintendo's got a rad Nintendo DS emulator coming out next month.
Where did you come by that information?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 07:13:29 PM »
The Internets. Nintendo have also started running adverts on the radiation box informing people of it. I hear the DS emulator will come with a free demo.

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 07:22:46 PM »

The Internets. Nintendo have also started running adverts on the radiation box informing people of it. I hear the DS emulator will come with a free demo.

Those advertisements are for thr real nintendo stop beaing stupid

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2004, 07:34:34 PM »
In case you didnt know SPECIAL friend bob hes poking fun at you.
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2004, 07:35:28 PM »
I know

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2004, 08:32:38 PM »

Originally posted by: SpecialFriendbob

Those advertisements are for thr real nintendo stop beaing stupid
u dumbass...

Banned

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2004, 09:42:31 PM »
Remote code injection into a DS unit. Any questions left?

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2004, 01:12:56 AM »

Originally posted by: SpecialFriendbobstop beaing stupid

Says the guy who obviously didn't bother reading the forum rules regarding avatar sizes.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2004, 10:50:07 AM »
I have never been someone to support Emulation.

You can try to support it all you want by telling us that its got benefits like learning how to program for a system or whatnot.  However, the reason it is popular is because the people aren't just using it for education, they are using it to create, and spread games over the net with which people can play without paying for them.

I also used to think that if a game is hard to get or isn't ever going to be made again, why not have emulation, however Nintendo and other companies have proved this logic wrong, because they have been releasing budget priced compliation disks for us now, or including older games as hidden bonuses the gamer.  This bonuses and compliations won't be made as often if people are just playing the same games with emulation.

If you are starting up a game company, you can easily start producing games on PC first, and make some money.  If you want to move to consoles, you are going to have to put more risk into the development and buy the hardware and spend the money it costs to produce the game.  If you think that is unfair, tough that is the marketplace.  And it is actually much easier to get into than many of the other medias.

Offline kurst_chao3030

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2004, 12:23:41 PM »
r u stupid or somthing, why the hell would u wanna pay for some compilation thing when you can get the full games for free. there's even a dreamcast emulator now.
Banned

Offline ib2kool4u912

• Prez Sez, SCHOOL IS FOR LOSERS
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2004, 12:39:42 PM »
"why the hell would u wanna pay for some compilation thing when you can get the full games for free"

Because that's illegal.

Originally posted by: Ian Sane
"But if that extra slot under the gamecube isn't for a hard drive then what the hell is it for?"

The Gamecube waffle iron.

"I have made this thread. It is mine. I call it. But I will share it with you."-KnowsNothing

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2004, 12:48:39 PM »

Originally posted by: kurst_chao3030
r u stupid or somthing, why the hell would u wanna pay for some compilation thing when you can get the full games for free. there's even a dreamcast emulator now.

You don't deserve to call yourself a gamer...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~