Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 717554 times)

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #2350 on: September 20, 2008, 01:48:24 PM »
Go back and buy groovin' blocks instead
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: September 20, 2008, 09:50:06 PM »
Plattchen = 3/10.

Yeah i was curious about the game so i did a google search and found THIS Youtube Video Review.

UGHH looks like they tried to hard. Also $15 and almost 300 blocks ummmmmmmmmmmm NO way

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: September 20, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »
Well yeah they wanted to add practically every controller available so DDR mat, donkey konga bongos(nintendo forced them to remove it), zapper, and so forth it's just ridiculous to add one billion different control schemes convoluted and spread thin a game and apparently they successfully convoluted the retail release.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline DAaaMan64

• Winner of the Most Terrible Username Award
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: September 21, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »
Sounds kinda like a sad story :(
FREEEEEDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Marvel Heroes - Marvel Heroes
Frozen Shoe Games

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil. For I am with me.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: September 21, 2008, 01:50:57 AM »
Well yeah they wanted to add practically every controller available so DDR mat, donkey konga bongos(nintendo forced them to remove it), zapper, and so forth it's just ridiculous to add one billion different control schemes convoluted and spread thin a game and apparently they successfully convoluted the retail release.

That and for some reason they made a turn based puzzle game (almost no need for reflexes) and added flying obstacles you have to dodge and shoot while playing the puzzle.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: September 21, 2008, 12:13:46 PM »
damn super mario rpg is out now, I really need to get my wii outta the pawn shop and get some wii points like right now.

Ouch!  How much did they give you for it?

I only pawned it for 30 cuz I figured it would be easier to get back if I didn't go to high. I did get it back just barely on time too. Had to sell my car though but it was a fair trade off.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: September 22, 2008, 06:30:49 AM »

That and for some reason they made a turn based puzzle game (almost no need for reflexes) and added flying obstacles you have to dodge and shoot while playing the puzzle.

Yuck, Dr. Mario and Groovin' Blocks it is for puzzle goodness.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: September 22, 2008, 06:44:48 AM »
It sounded like the developers wanted to show how hardcore they are by innovating and creating a new genre ("puzzle shooter") but innovation is only a path, not a destination and without a destination you just end up in the middle of nowhere.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2358 on: September 22, 2008, 11:01:39 AM »
Todays games
Megaman 9 on wiiware for 1000 points.Plattchin Twist and Paint on wiiware for 1000 points

On the VC we have Super dodge ball on the Nes costing 500 points. Vectorman on the Genesis for 800 points.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 11:26:27 AM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: September 22, 2008, 11:06:26 AM »
Wow, a 55% price reduction on Plättchen. Considering the competition they probably should have gone even lower, even if they didn't consider their game a failure.

Offline Rhoq

• View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: September 22, 2008, 12:00:58 PM »
On the VC we have Super dodge ball on the Nes costing 500 points.

I was boycotting the Wii Shop until they released Super Dodgeball. I hope Nintendo missed my $20+/month spending habit. I'm back, baby. LOL
PEACE--->Rhoq

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2361 on: September 22, 2008, 01:08:43 PM »
Is this not one of the best days in Wiiware/Virtual console history.

Super Dodgeball, Victorman, Mega Man 9

All of these games are worth buying...add in this weeks Wii console games coming out.  De Blob, Wario Shake It...and you realize it is a great week to be a Wii owner.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2362 on: September 22, 2008, 01:34:58 PM »
Welcome back Rhoq.:)You are right Spak.
OK, I Downloaded Megaman 9 I beat Galaxyman thus far. If you need screws Galaxymans stage is a good one. Also the beginning of Plugman's stage.In addition there is a list of things that range from easy like beating 100 enemys to dificult like getting though a stage without getting hit.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: September 22, 2008, 01:53:17 PM »
Is that FF CC game for Wii Ware any good? My brother in law was thinking of getting it but he hasn't heard if it was good or not.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: September 22, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
Megaman 9 is hard, and I mean that in the sense that each stage seems longer than the stages in MM and MM2, and some enemies are a lot tougher specially those mini-bosses *shrug*. I've only beat Galaxyman, and I've tried all the other stages too.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: September 22, 2008, 03:55:27 PM »
I guess people making follow ups to classic games up the difficulty to make ti as hard as they remember it back when they were kids...

Is that FF CC game for Wii Ware any good? My brother in law was thinking of getting it but he hasn't heard if it was good or not.

Depends on what you expect. It's a game about city building, you commandeer adventurers to go into dungeons and stuff like that but you don't do fighting yourself. It's pretty nice in that role though you spend most of the time just running around talking to NPCs saying the same things over and over to make them love you. I call it Progress Quest Tycoon.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: September 22, 2008, 09:17:38 PM »
Megaman 9 is hard, and I mean that in the sense that each stage seems longer than the stages in MM and MM2, and some enemies are a lot tougher specially those mini-bosses *shrug*. I've only beat Galaxyman, and I've tried all the other stages too.

i'm going clockwise. Beat Concrete man first try (he's a chump! Thought he'd be like Guts man but i was wrong), got my ass handed to me by Jewel Man, now i'm trying to get thru Hornet Mans stage.. oh god!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2367 on: September 22, 2008, 09:51:53 PM »
EasyCure did you beat any bosses?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:56 PM »

i'm going clockwise. Beat Concrete man first try (he's a chump! Thought he'd be like Guts man but i was wrong), got my ass handed to me by Jewel Man, now i'm trying to get thru Hornet Mans stage.. oh god!

yes.

Uptdate since last post: Got raped by Jewel Man AND Hornet Man... about to try my luck with Tornado Man (dont think this is going to end well... for me. his stage was a bitch)

update 2: just got beaten by him. He wasnt too hard, i could of had him if i was a little more careful with my jumps. I died by spikes more than by his attacks.. i expected him to be faster.. oh well. I'm picking another level now since i havent found someone weak against Concrete Shot (please dont spoil it for me..)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:59:28 PM by EasyCure »
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: September 22, 2008, 10:14:28 PM »
I should be ashamed of myself because I have yet to beat the 3rd elephant arrgh. I've reached but have yet to defeat Plug Man and Splash Woman. I will give it another go tomorrow *sigh*.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: September 22, 2008, 10:19:27 PM »
I should be ashamed of myself because I have yet to beat the 3rd elephant arrgh. I've reached but have yet to defeat Plug Man and Splash Woman. I will give it another go tomorrow *sigh*.

its ok. I almost got a second Game Over cuz of that freakin elephant!

also i'd just like to say Galaxy Mans stage is kick ass fun, and .......
HOLY **** YELLOW(GREEN) DEVIL BABY BLOBS!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2371 on: September 22, 2008, 10:41:15 PM »
The two bosses that are easiest with the Mega Buster is Galaxy man and Splash woman.I got 999 screws and I am going to save Wily for tomorrow.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: September 22, 2008, 10:47:13 PM »
The two bosses that are easiest with the Mega Buster is Galaxy man and Splash woman.I got 999 screws and I am going to save Wily for tomorrow.

i beat three bosses so far

Galaxy man does seem easy with the M. Buster, but i found his weakness...

Splash woman was easy too, i didnt have the proper weapon against her but the M. buster was enough (usually is actually, just gotta know the patters) but she was maybe two easy..
 Concrete man was the easiest so far, and i think i know who i'm going to tackle next. I have a pretty good idea i have just the weapon for them, so they're getting pay back!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #2373 on: September 22, 2008, 10:52:54 PM »
Are you going up against Hornetman?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: September 22, 2008, 11:38:57 PM »
WOW. I have egg on my face I thought Nintendo would not release other great games against Mega Man, but 3/4 games being great thats amazing.

I really hope Nintendo offers a storage solution in the Oct 2 conference.