Community Forums > General Chat

Um, Apple thread

(1/147) > >>

TJ Spyke:
There is one for Android, so I thought maybe there could be a general thread on Apple news and discussion. I will start it off with general stuff.

Reports are that Apple will unveil iOS 7 at the 2013 Worldwide Developers Conference (iOS 5 was announced at the 2011 one, and iOS 6 at the 2012 one), which would mean a mid-August release at the earliest. It will supposedly be sleeker and more simple.

UK consumer watch dog the Office of Fair Trading is investigating Apple over the issue of in-app purchases in games aimed at children following a 300% increase in complaints about it from consumers (including a UK police officer who reported his own child for fraud after refused to refund $5,680 worth of in-app purchases his kid made). Although any ruling would only affect the UK, the size of the UK market could lead to any ruling to cause Apple to tighten rules on in-app purchases from childrens games.

Code in the beta version of OS X 10.8.4 suggest that future Mac's may support 802.11ac, the proposed next generation of wi-fi (currently its 802.11n). 802.11ac is not yet ratified by the IEEE (though its expected to do so by late 2013 or early 2014). It will provide a major bump in speed and performance, up to 1.3Gbpsm though it only uses the 5Ghz band and isnt as efficient at getting through solid objects like floors and walls.
[/size]
[/size]Apple has reportedly agreed to pay $53 million to settle a 2010 class action lawsuit regarding Apple refusing to honor warranties on iOS devices.

Oblivion:
I just hope they make the drop-down menu more like the Android one. And for the love of all that is holy, give the next iPhone a fucking micro SD card slot. I'm tired of running out of room on iOS devices.

TJ Spyke:
I would love an SD card slot, but I think Apple likes forcing people to upgrade to a bigger model if they want more space. I hope that they bring back smaller options for the iPod Touch. I hate that the 5th gen iPod Touch only comes in 32GB and 64GB (4th gen let you get 8GB and 16GB), which means you have to spend at least $300 if you want a 5th gen iPod Touch.

Oblivion:

--- Quote from: TJ Spyke on April 15, 2013, 01:11:09 AM ---I would love an SD card slot, but I think Apple likes forcing people to upgrade to a bigger model if they want more space. I hope that they bring back smaller options for the iPod Touch. I hate that the 5th gen iPod Touch only comes in 32GB and 64GB (4th gen let you get 8GB and 16GB), which means you have to spend at least $300 if you want a 5th gen iPod Touch.

--- End quote ---

Why would you want anything less?

TJ Spyke:
I want it as an option for affordability reasons. Not everyone who wants an iPod Touch can afford to shell out $300 ($324 after tax in New York) on one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version