Author Topic: Marth Returns in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS  (Read 4126 times)

Offline JusDBerube

• King Nintendo Fanboy
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Marth Returns in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:54:28 AM »

The sword-wielding prince from Fire Emblem is back.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/35909

Marth will be retuning as a playable character in the next installments of the Super Smash Bros. series releasing on Wii U and 3DS in 2014.

This information comes from the official Super Smash Bros. site where Marth was shown in several screenshots and was given his own character profile. While hard to tell from these screens, it appears as though Marth will be keeping several of his moves from the previous Smash Bros. games, most notably his counter attack.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Marth Returns in Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 05:50:26 PM »
No surprise here.

Offline TurdFurgy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:09 PM »
Man, that thing on his head looks dumb.

Offline KITT 10K

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:37:37 PM »
He looks like a girl in that picture.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 08:20:35 PM »
How entirely unsurprising

At least it isn't another clone

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
A would have liked chrom...
Made you look ****.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 12:21:24 AM »
I would have thought that Chrom and Lucina would have made more sense.   It would have been a good opportunity to get another female protagonist in the game.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 12:32:01 AM »
He looks like a girl in that picture.

He always has. Does no one remember wedding Marth from Melee?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 12:37:42 AM »
Meh. There are at least half a dozen Fire Emblem characters I'd take over Marth (a character that really only matters in Japan), and chances are good that one of those will be taking Ike/Roy's spot in an upcoming announcement.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 02:11:47 AM »
Marth makes the most sense for the series. There's a reasonable chance "Marth" from Awakening makes an appearance. Even though Ike was obscenely powerful in Brawl and cause for much cursing on my part, I'd like to see him in the new games. I'd like to see Roy again too, but my understanding is that he's not a very popular character among FE fans. Whatever, fire.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 05:05:39 AM »
This glorious cape makes me hope someone, somewhere will make a good Superman game:
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 08:02:17 AM »
On a semi-related note, has anyone else seen the online documentary 'The Smash Brothers'? It concerns the competitive Smash scene in the USA. It was really very engrossing. I enjoyed it so much I watched all 9 parts in one day. I highly recommend it.
Gouge away.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 09:54:08 AM »
On a semi-related note, has anyone else seen the online documentary 'The Smash Brothers'? It concerns the competitive Smash scene in the USA. It was really very engrossing. I enjoyed it so much I watched all 9 parts in one day. I highly recommend it.
Yep.

I can't play Smash games and yet i still enjoyed it. Basically spend my entire workday watching it.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline SupaKirb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »
I'm kinda really confused by this choice... I was really banking on "Marth" from awakening to join the Smash Bros. family. In addition to Chrom... who I'm not counting out just yet.. because we still have that other character from the series to wait on. So Chrom being in the game COULD still happen. I'd be very surprised if it didn't actually, but we are dealing with Nintendo here... All this being said, those two characters were extremely interesting in the last game of the Fire Emblem series. (My first game of the series) It just makes sense to include the latest characters of a game to represent the franchise. They SHOULD be in these games. It's almost like they don't trust in their product enough or something, and I can't understand why. Awakening sold wonderfully, and is a system seller in my opinion, just as much as Pokemon or Mario.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »

I can't play Smash games and yet i still enjoyed it. Basically spend my entire workday watching it.

Ha! Nice!

My Smash play is also very rudimentary; luckily the most interesting sections of that documentary focus on the people and how their personalities and characteristics reveal themselves through their style of play.

This scene for instance really sums it up well.

It really was a complete surprise to me how interesting I found this film to be.
Gouge away.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
I'm kinda really confused by this choice... I was really banking on "Marth" from awakening to join the Smash Bros. family. In addition to Chrom... who I'm not counting out just yet.. because we still have that other character from the series to wait on. So Chrom being in the game COULD still happen. I'd be very surprised if it didn't actually, but we are dealing with Nintendo here... All this being said, those two characters were extremely interesting in the last game of the Fire Emblem series. (My first game of the series) It just makes sense to include the latest characters of a game to represent the franchise. They SHOULD be in these games. It's almost like they don't trust in their product enough or something, and I can't understand why. Awakening sold wonderfully, and is a system seller in my opinion, just as much as Pokemon or Mario.

The game is still a year away from release.  Ike wasn't revealed for Brawl until August 2007, back when the game was still planned for a December release.  If Chrom gets revealed it's not going to happen until a few months before the games release, or it might not be until after the games release if Chrom's a hidden character and Sakurai wants to keep him a secret with the other hidden characters.

Plus Marth being revealed doesn't stop Lucina from still being in the game.  Do I need to remind people of last weeks update?

Lucina could easily be an alternate skin for Marth, considering her look and design isn't that hard to make change around Marth's character model.  Plus from the E3 trailer we know the Wii Fit Trainer has a female voice, meaning the male Wii Fit Trainer will have a male voice, so changing Marths voice to Lucina's is possible for the skin as well.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai