Author Topic: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.  (Read 71631 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.
« on: March 28, 2020, 11:36:24 PM »
Story Post

With the Space Pirates regrouping now that they know they are under attack, some wonder if there is a mole among them. They begin to argue amongst themselves which attracts the attention of the Federation and another firefight ensues. It also attracts the attention of Kraid who arrives to break it up. He explodes up from below the ground showing heavy rock debris everywhere and fires off some his thorny belly spikes. All sides run for cover. One person unable to run away is unlucky Space Pirate pokepal148. After getting beat-up in yesterday's firefight, he finds his legs are now broken from the rock debris when Kraid showed up from the ground. I might have done a Fez routine from the Austin Powers movies of pokepal148 attempting to let everyone know he is still alive and trying to get help. Finally, Kraid has enough and squishes him. Then Kraid goes back to his underground lair.

Shortly after the action, a mysterious figure arrives to check things out after the day's action. The figure spots pokepal148 and shoots at him further desecrating his corpse until they realize he's already dead. Spotting some footprints from the Space Pirates, the figure follows in the direction they headed off.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:32:28 PM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXXXV: Metroid Dread. Day 3.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:46:17 PM »
Announcement Post

The following players have died:

pokepal148 - Space Pirate (Killed by Kraid's Vote)
pokepal148 - Targeted By Dark Samus but he was already thrown in the Dead Thread from dying at Kraid's hand.

That is all. For a game, that has a potential of 3 deaths a cycle, we are really being generous in letting as many players as possible keep playing. How thoughtful.

Tonight is a Samus Aran hit night provided Samus Aran isn't voted out during the day. There are 16 players still alive. That means the majority vote for today will still require 9 votes. Voting Period / Day will be open a generous 48 hours and change closing at Midnight (12:00 AM) EST on Tuesday Mar. 31, 2020. Plan accordingly.

Once more, I'm available for questions and explanations as needed whether through pm here or on Discord. Note: Sometimes I see players with incorrect theories based on perhaps not quite reading the rules and roles correctly. I am not going to post any corrections to erroneous theories as I feel that is the host getting too involved and helping guide players. It is up to the players to double check their info or ask for clarification if needed.

While I just want to watch movies and play videogames in my spare time, I will try and make an effort to finally get some story going over the next couple days. Story - My Eternal Mafia Nemesis.

Back to the Magmoor Caverns everyone.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:50:01 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:20 PM »
hawt townie on townie action.

good job guys. hahaha
Made you look ****.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:31:59 AM »
All notions of democracy in the galactic federation have been revealed to be a sham. I think we go with Mr Bungle's original plan to unionise the currently unorganised Space Pirates. We may've lost a comrade in pokepal today, but he was 100% acting like a gloating scab thinking he was untouchable for having the metroid. Comrade Kraid showed that pokepal is no bigger than anyone else and that we'll take that bread, or metroid, for ourselves.

NO but really based on his behaviour I figured Pokepal was 100% Dark Samus trying to do a double bluff. Looks like he was telling the truth, at least Kraid is holding the Metroid for us now.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 12:33:52 AM »
Khushrenada can you tell us if the second kill on Pokepal was from Dark Samus or the Federation?

In a bit I will try and explain my posts against pokepal.   I will also see if I can figure some things out....

The results show that there was only 1 kill from either the Federation(Mafia) or Dark Samus yesterday. 

Also the fact that that Kraids removal of pokepal and the 2nd hit stacked up on each other must mean Kraids wires are being twisted together with someone who may be in contact with Dark Samus/ Federation members without them realizing it.

So that means that one of the two was inactive with their hit/kill.  I am willing to bet it was the Federation(Mafia) because of how long it took the Day 3 thread to be put up and if they were going to recon it would of been earlier and the  thread would have been up sooner.  So I am willing to bet that Dark Samus targeted pokepal but he was already dead from Kraid and thus not being able to gain pokepals item which was probably the Metroid.  It is either still on pokepal in the dead thread or it is in the hands of one of the remaining 16 players. Considering that there was no announcement of sudden death must mean that nor Samus or Dark Samus has it but is in the hands of the mafia or the many townies. 

With the reveal of pokepal being a townie that means that he wasn't Federation Trooper like I thought which means with the lack of a 3rd hit must mean that at the very least the Deleter(GodFather) wasn't around to send in a hit and we know that 2 players have not been around at least the first day.

Plus the matter that the Day 3 thread took the full 12 hours to be put up means that Khushrenada had to wait for actions which were not coming. Khushrenada said that if actions were sent in early after the thread lock that he would put up the day thread earlier.  We know Rabicle and Lucario  did not post in the Day 1 thread and only posted once each in the Day 2 thread saying they were here.  Lucario and Rabicle let the thread stagnate as well as the rest of us and left the vote to the end in a scramble which resulted in a tie between Mr. Bungle and Steefosarus.    Lets try and not let that happen again.

I am going to for for Lucario for now.  Vote Lucario

If someone wants to vote with me or for Rabicle that should clear up some answers on inactivity.  You can also throw out some thoughts on other possible Bounty Hunters/ Federation members for a vote if you wish.

I propose the best idea is to create a tie between Rabicle and Lucario and have Kraid take one of them out or use their vote manipulator to break the tie before the thread is locked and then Maybe we will get lucky and Samus or the Mafia will go after the other.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:42:21 AM by BeautifulShy »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 12:49:15 AM »
Khushrenada can you tell us if the second kill on Pokepal was from Dark Samus or the Federation?

I was thinking of this from Day 2:

There may be some vagueness about player survival at night. The only thing I'll say is that a person was targeted during the night but survived and leave it at that. Whether the player targeting the survivor is a Samus, Mafia leader or Vigilante will be a bit unknown but might be figured out if one of the other factions has a successful hit mentioned in the Announcement post.

However, on review, I see that the vagueness should only pertain to protection not a case where the target died from earlier in the day such as the vote. Therefore, I will update the Announcement post but will also mention it here that the failed pokepal148 hit was by Dark Samus.

As to your posting about a quicker Night Action period, it is true that I mentioned that I may launch the next day sooner if orders are in earlier than later. Yet, there's a caveat that it does not mean I will automatically due so. I may have the orders in early and still wait the full 12 hour period. Truthfully, I did want to wait until the 12 hours because I knew from my schedule that I would rather have the day end in 48 hours at the same time Day 3 launched because it would be more convenient for me at that time. Now, that doesn't mean some players couldn't have still waited until near the end of the Night Action period to send in their orders like is being theorized. But I knew from yesterday that I was going to wait the full 12 hour period to start Day 3 so basing a vote on when I launch a Day or end a Night Period is shaky ground and not the most ironclad deduction. I claim host privilege for deciding when that will happen.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 12:54:38 AM »

From earlier posts, I don't think he can and that seems ok.

However, since mafia can take useful night actions without attempting a hit and Dark Samus can't, it seems pretty reasonable to make an assumption here. (Otherwise we're dealing with an inactive bounty hunter, which works just as well for the townies, so I'm ok with that too.)

Oof - and I see that Khushrenada just posted to confirm it was Dark Samus.
NNID: ejamer

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 12:58:52 AM »
As to your posting about a quicker Night Action period, it is true that I mentioned that I may launch the next day sooner if orders are in earlier than later. Yet, there's a caveat that it does not mean I will automatically due so. I may have the orders in early and still wait the full 12 hour period. Truthfully, I did want to wait until the 12 hours because I knew from my schedule that I would rather have the day end in 48 hours at the same time Day 3 launched because it would be more convenient for me at that time. Now, that doesn't mean some players couldn't have still waited until near the end of the Night Action period to send in their orders like is being theorized. But I knew from yesterday that I was going to wait the full 12 hour period to start Day 3 so basing a vote on when I launch a Day or end a Night Period is shaky ground and not the most ironclad deduction. I claim host privilege for deciding when that will happen

Well you are no fun.   I still stand by my post at least on the factor of inactivity the first two days for Lucario and Rabicle.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 01:00:26 AM »
Is BeautifulShy's cluelessness around the rules a double bluff? I'm going to say no.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 01:01:57 AM »
I normally vote early looking for a reaction... but want to think things over first this time.

However, after a stressful end to Day 2, I'm pretty satisfied with the results. The Metroid is hidden again, and if Kraid dies at the hands of a bounty hunter (which would result in a huge power-up) we'll know pretty much right away. I like those results.

That said, 2 of 2 losses so far have been townies. That trend has to stop.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 01:02:44 AM »
Sorry. It never occurred to me that players would take my decision of when to end the Night action period as something for which to base a vote on other players. Now I'm thinking I may just have to always let the Night Period run the full 12 hours so as not to expose a player if they do take a long amount of time to send in an action.  :-X

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 01:24:16 AM »
Ya know what I am going to out myself because at this point with all the taunting and such I don't care if I win or not I am just going to make the rest of the game as a confusing mess for the rest for the whole lot of you as long as I am alive.  This week has been be very stressful not only with Covid-19, but the leak of the toilet that I am still dealing with in its 3rd day and then trying to wrap my head around this game and how I should be playing with this role. I don't need this today.   

Pokepal was right. I am Samus and I sent in my kill on thatguy early on before pokepal made his Metroid claim and then my kill was locked into thatguy a hour later so I couldn't change it. The pokepal made his claim and then thatguy made his post about voting for pokepal and yeah I thought I might have a chance at the metroid and yeah pokepal was right I didn't even think about the doctor saving someone in the vote until the tail end of the first day before the lock and I knew from then and there I knew I wasn't going to win.

Here is the list of my notes over the past few days.

Use it to destroy each other.

Mafia 85 Metroid Roles and Items list

BeautifulShy: Samus
Pokepal148: Claims to be the Metroid so a possible townie.  Possible Doctor/ Possible speed booster   Dead. Townie confirmed
Ejamer: Claims to be a space pirate(normal townie) Possible Mafia or Samus/ Dark Samus for voting for pokepal who claims to be the Metroid. Voted for pokepal but didn’t change their vote away as ShyGuy was voted out. If Shyguy ends up being a townie then  Ejamer, Insanolord, GK and Pokepal are the Mafia.
GK:  Mafia or a normal townie.
Lucario: Samus/Dark Samus or a passive Mafia goon. 
Luigi Dude: Possible Federation Trooper aka Speed Booster claims to be a space pirate(townie)
MASB: Possible Townie
Mop it up: Possible townie role or Mafia.  Has been talking with The Fleece a lot while hidden.
Mr: Bungle: Possible space pirate(townie)
Nickmitch: Possible townie
Insanolord: Possible Mafia or Samus/Dark Samus for voting for pokepal who claims to be the Metroid. Didn’t read the rules and roles Voted for Pokepal but didn’t change their vote away
RABicle:  Possible Federation Trooper (Speed Booster) claims to be a space pirate from avatar.
ShyGuy: Possible Mafia or Samus/Dark Samus for voting for pokepal who claims to be the Metroid
Steefosaurus: Townie Role, Samus/Dark Samus or Mafia
Stevey: Possible townie or a roled player. Mafia.  Can’t be Samus
Stratos: Possible townie
Thatguy: X-Parasite. townie  Dead.
The Fleece: Possible Mafia or a townie role

A lot of the above is based on their activity and how they are playing and the votes they did and the reasoning of their votes.

Dead
thatguy-X Parasite from Samus kill. Day 1.
Pokepal148- space pirate(Townie)

Current understanding of what roles one has.

Day 1.
Samus: BeautifulShy

Possible Samus/ Dark Samus- ShyGuy, Insanolord, ejamer, Lucario, Steefosaurus, stevey, Rabicle

Possible Mafia.  The Fleece, Steefosaurus, ShyGuy, Mop it up, Luigi Dude(Possible Speed Booster), Rabicle (possible Speed Booster), GK. Insanolord, Lucario, pokepal148( possible Speed Booster),

Possible Townie roles- The Fleece, Mop it up, Lucario, thatguy, Steefosaurus, stevey

Possible Normal townies- pokepal148, Stratos,stevey, Nickmitch, Mr. Bungle, MASB, GK, ejamer. Thatguy, Rabicle,

Votes for Day 2. 

Steefosaurus or stevey. Fleece gets a one day pass for today.

Day 2 understanding of roles as I know them.

BeautifulShy- Townie.
Thatguy- X-parasite townie confirmed.
Pokepal148- Metroid or Speed Booster

Day 3 understanding of roles as I know them.

BeautifulShy-Townie
Thatguy- X- Parasite townie confirmed
Pokepal148- Townie confirmed.
Lucario likely Deleter for lack of activity with the hits. Not being around the first two days
Rabicle Dark Samus most likely.
Luigi Dude likely Federation Trooper.

Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 01:26:42 AM »
Oh and this was going to be my kill list.

Have fun with the info.

Thatguy Set Day 1  X-Parasite
Mop it up
New Player/ The Fleece claims townie. No role PM. Kraid
pokepal148/stevey Pokepal is dead and was a Space Pirate(townie)
New Player/ Steefosaurus Kraid or Detective
New Player/ Lucario
Stratos
New Player/ ejamer
New Player/ Luigi Dude- Possible Federation Trooper-Speed Booster
Insanolord
New Player/GK
Nickmitch   
Stevey/pokepal48
New Player/ Mr. Bungle
New Player/ ShyGuy
New Player/ RABicle
New Player/ MASB Possible Kraid

New player list
ejamer
GK
Lucario
Luigi Dude
MASB
Mr. Bungle
RABicle
ShyGuy
Steefosaurus
The Fleece

Samus hit targets.

thatguy-X-Parasite
Day 3. Lucario or Steefosaurus
Day 4 or 5. Insanolord
Day 5 or 6. ShyGuy
Day 6 or 7.  TheFleece or Steefosaurus
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline RABicle

• View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 03:30:02 AM »
Vote BeautifulShy lol

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 07:15:40 AM »
Using timed-out sessions to bump users from server an admirable strategy, proving near machine-like logic. .Adam experiences a new sensation best described by sources on 'impressed' and 'fear'.

Sensations clouding LOGIC.tar.gz - is this how organics reach baseless conclusions?

Executing V0TE.exe...
Vote BeautifulShy

Assumption: FactionID_Mafia scouting every user early to weed out Samuses and gain intel. Current vote will accelerate their aggression, but reduce intel-gathering.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 08:12:03 AM »
Can't argue with that AI logic.

My condolences on your week & toilet.

Vote BeautifulShy
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:22:29 AM by GK »
Mission...complete?

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 09:16:06 AM »
@BeautifulShy - That sucks about your toilet. I just found out my pool is leaking right when I am trying to sell my house so I feel your pain  :'(

That said it seems you want to be voted out so...vote BeautifulShy

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 11:35:27 AM »
Vote BeautifulShy.

Best of luck getting plumbing in hand. That kind of IRL stuff always sucks, and the timing right now is horrible with everything else going on.

A day 1 kill order probably would have your best chance to win if you hadn't submitted early. But it's hard to call it a mistake; who could've guessed that Pokepal would've done an full reveal like that? Guess we got really lucky you did submit early, because otherwise this could've been a short game for everyone.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 12:01:29 PM »
Heh only 5 people voting for me. I'm surprised I am not voted out yet by majority. This is why the townies are not going to freaking win cuz you can't freaking organized in the mafia are too freaking scared to freaking show up or at least to appear to care for the game and be in the game.  Or perhaps I roped in several federation players. Thing is none of your asses will never know until it is too late.
I hope Dark Samus destroys all of you.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:15:28 PM by BeautifulShy »
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
And here I thought the low voter count was simply because of time zones & personal life issues. Man, I'm a noob at this sorta thing...
Mission...complete?

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »
And here I thought the low voter count was simply because of time zones & personal life issues. Man, I'm a noob at this sorta thing...
Nah Day 1 shows if people want to be here they will. It is up to players to call that crap out.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2020, 03:09:37 PM »
Vote Lucario

I can't shake the feeling this whole thing is a setup. There could be something I'm missing which would make it beneficial for BeautifulShy to draw in all the votes. Maybe even a hidden bomber role or item...

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2020, 05:24:35 PM »
Even though I'd like to think there some kind of scheme going on, it does seem like BeautifulShy wants to leave the game for personal issues.

Vote BeautifulShy

Hope things work out for you.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2020, 06:06:05 PM »
I guess I’ll Vote BeautifulShy as well.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »
Oh joy two more late comers to vote for me to appease the voting gods and to appear they are doing this for a good reason.   Good job you two now you two will surely appear to be townies. Bravo!

I really want to applaud the latest voters to  show up to the game. Hey maybe this game actually matters to you and you want to be more active going forward. One can only hope.

Two more of you jokers till I am voted out. Don't disapoint me!!
Alexis, she/her/Miss