Author Topic: Coro Coro Comics Teases Pokémon Game Announcement  (Read 4399 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Coro Coro Comics Teases Pokémon Game Announcement
« on: December 15, 2011, 05:36:21 AM »

The new year may bring with it a big Pokémon game announcement.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/28684

The latest issue of Japanese magazine Coro Coro Comics teases a new Pokémon game announcement early in 2012.

The magazine promises that they have a big scoop on the latest Pokémon game. They, however, don't mention if it's the newest game in the main series or a spin-off title. The new magazine will be out in Japan on January 14.

The Pokémon Company, though, is believed to hint at the reveal during Jump Festa since they will have a booth for the first time.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline SilverQuilava

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Coro Coro Comics Teases Pokemon Game Announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:31:19 PM »
Makes sense. I mean, what else have they been doing all this time? Sittin on their asses? I think not.

Offline Chiramii

• View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
Would it be too early for a 3rd gen. remake? I hope not.
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
Would it be too early for a 3rd gen. remake? I hope not.
Ugh, I hope they don't do it. Those were the worst of the mainline games, and I know I am not alone in that opinion.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Chiramii

• View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:29:58 PM »
Those were the worst of the mainline games, and I know I am not alone in that opinion.
Yeah, it gets a lot of hate but why exactly..? Please enlighten me. I have fond memories of playing Pokémon Sapphire and the 3rd gen. games didn't have any huge flaws that I can think of.
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
The monsters were pathetic (LOTS of clones of previous Pokemon), the story was not as engaging, the world was not as good. I lost interest after about the 3rd gym.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »
Are you kidding me? Gen 3 was fantastic. Sure, that's when the quality of individual pokemon designs started to decline, but other than that, there was TONS of greatness from Gen. 3.
First and foremost being the music. Lordy, that ever-present brass section was great. I felt like it really characterized the region.
And a pathetic story? You're joking, right? Gen. 3 had the most active storyline of any pokemon game to that date. Gen 1 had practically no story other than 'oh look team rocket lets go troll them" (not hating on Gen 1, it was great for it's time) Gen 2 basically just had more involved Team Rocket action. (Also not hating on Gen 2; it's my favorite pokemon Gen ever). But Gen 3 had a STORY. Clashing rival teams fighting for dominance of the earth, legendary powers that create a catastrophic event which had to be stopped by the awakening of another legendary power, the entire Wally side-story, the fact that you had A DAD -and even better - he was a gym leader!
Plus with the addition of the Battle Frontier, Double battles, and the introduction of abilities, Gen 3 contributed a heck of a lot to Pokemon as we know it today. I remember playing it in 6th grade and being amazed at how far it had come from the previous games, even if I thought some of the pokemon designs were stupid. But even that I eventually overcame when I got used to them. Gardevoir, Aggron, Tropius, Metagross Salamence, Flygon, and Rayquaza are some of my most favorite pokemon to this day.
As for the world itself, it was much larger than the previous two gens and not quite as linear, opening up for lots of optional exploring, not to mention the AMAZING addition of Secret Bases, which allowed you to fight CPU clones of your friends once a day - an idea that I wish they would bring back, which they sorta did with the Pokewalker, but that's not as much fun as finding your friend's hidden base and fighting their fully powered team, not a flat lv. 50 battle.

I think it's been long enough since the release of the original Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games that it has acquired the necessary nostalgia factor. Just talking about it right now is making me want to play it. I think the  chances of them remaking it are pretty good, especially with the now-phasing out pal park. Without Pal Park, current Gen gamers have no way of catching the Gen 3 pokemon to complete the pokedex (which i suspect was a large part of the reason they remade gens 1 and 2). Plus I think Ruby and Sapphire with Black/White level graphics and sound would be absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD. If they go back in and add in as much new, extra content as they did for Heartgold and Soulsilver, it has the potential to be the best Pokemon game on the market. So I eagerly await their remakes, along with Pokemon Grey, and the eventual and inevitable first fully 3D, polygon Pokemon game.

Offline Chiramii

• View Profile
    • Neogaf
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 06:21:03 AM »
Gotta love those bells and trumpets!
Lovin' my Pikachu 3DS XL

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »
I'm a big Pokemon fan and love to play competitively but Gen 3 almost took me out the game. I captured them all and that was it. The big water world was just boring for me. At first glance I didn't like too many of the monsters introduced but since 4th gen and the physical/special split I fell in love with almost every single one. There is not a pokemon that I hate design wise anymore. There are just odd balls from time to time.

But good god please no remake of Ruby and Saphire! Just give me a Grey version with the Unova 5th gen Dream World monsters with new egg moves and lot's of move tutors. I put 500+ hours in to black already and unless they make the 3rd Gen remake with a 3D over world I do not want to see it.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Stardust

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
I commend you orangeninjadaniel, everything you said, I couldn't agree more. The third generations were one of my favorite pokemon games ever.

On a side note, any chance this might be a Pokemon Grey?
Bad players mash all the buttons. Good players mash one button.

Live and Let live.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 10:08:28 PM »
Wasn't gen 3 the one that turned fishing in to that stupid ass minigame?
The only good part about Gen 3 was the Gen 1 remakes it spawned.

Also, I'm gonna doubt on a remake because then the timeline might need revision since they were changed from the 1 and 2 remakes.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline SilverQuilava

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 08:42:40 PM »
Those were the worst of the mainline games, and I know I am not alone in that opinion.
Yeah, it gets a lot of hate but why exactly..? Please enlighten me. I have fond memories of playing Pokémon Sapphire and the 3rd gen. games didn't have any huge flaws that I can think of.

I think it's because of the exploration part of the games. While it's always been about getting to the next area, to me, it was a little excessive in terms of finding the right path, and I could see why some people would be annoyed. You have to surf so much in the games to top that off. And another thing could be that the type match ups were a little too often stacked against the player. So, basically, they're just as good as the other games to me. Just a little harder.